“Great hotel near airport”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #73 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
new york
“Great hotel near airport”
Reviewed 8 May 2010

My husband and I needed to stay in Spain overnight on our way back to New York. I travel twice a year, but this was one of the best hotels that I've stayed at. The hotel was conveniently located near the airport with shuttle service to the hotel and back to airport. The entire hotel including rooms was very modern, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The buffet breakfast which was included was very good and offered great variety. I wish we could have stayed more than one night and use the indoor pool and visit Madrid. But hopefully I will visit again. The only negative was that I could hear the highway traffic from inside hotel room.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United States
Reviewed 7 May 2010

If I could give 4.5 starts, I would. As other reviewers have noticed, this is a lovely hotel with outstandingly well-designed rooms with every mod. con. There is a real big city Spanish flair in the decoration of the rooms and the common areas. Big leather chairs in the dining room downstairs. We were here for a short 12 hour layover, but we really enjoyed it. We splurged on the buffet dinner, which was well worth it. Many regional delicacies, along with the usual crowd pleasers. We were there at the same time as a U.S. company (Dominos pizza) were having a small conference - who knows what they were doing in Madrid, but anyway, the staff were a bit pushed trying to cope with so many of them. Even the products in the bathroom seemed a cut above. Our flight was too early to try and get breakfast, but we peeked in, and that looked good too. I was a bit nervous when we checked in, because it was hot outside, and the big stylish corridors were very warm. However, the aircon in the room worked flawlessly.

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2010

The hotel is beautiful! With glass elevators, hallways that are open and all look down to the lobby area below, and dark modern rooms the Hilton is very pleasing to the eye. We were upgraded to a nice corner room, with a rainfall shower, and whirl pool tub.

We were there for less than a 24 hour period, so the location was perfect, a quick cab or free shuttle ride to the airport. However beware, if you are coming to Madrid for any extended period of time, there is nothing in this area of town except the airport itself. We also enjoyed the breakfast (which was complimentary, Hilton preferred guests).

All in all it was a great stay, and I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Spectacular hotel. New and beautifully designed. My room was well-laid out, well-lit, very clean. I stayed here only because of a 12 hour layover in Madrid, but it was a nice experience. Gorgeous, fully equipped bathroom with a shower AND a tub. The bed was comfortable and even though the room looked out onto a highway and was very close to the airport, when the windows were closed it was very quiet. The food was quite good, too. However, I put a room service breakfast hang tag on my door in the evening for breakfast the next morning and no one came to pick it up. Fortunately, I checked the door in the morning (having learned from other experiences) and saw they hadn't picked it up, so called room service. Also, the room was a smoking room even though I had requested a non-smoking one. Fortunately, a couple of hours with the windows open and max air circulation, most of the odor disappeared. As for the location (a 5-minute free shuttle ride from the airport), I don't know how easy it would be to get into the city from here, but I suspect that the location of this hotel would not be ideal for tourists. And even though it's a great hotel in many ways, it could be anywhere. There was little about it that told me I was outside the US, let along in Spain.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business trips to Madrid. I have stayed at hotels in the city center, as well. However, because I am so very impressed with the staff and service at this hotel, I prefer to stay here. The front desk staff is friendly and attentive. The lounge staff is always there to help. The food in the restaurant is great. Drinks at the bar may take a little longer than most, but it is only because the bar staff takes extra care to ensure your drink is perfect. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and a lot of Hiltons and this one is the best because of the people who work there. I highly recommend this hotel and prefer not to stay anywhere else when in Madrid.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Irvine, California
Reviewed 22 April 2010

This hotel had great service and amenities. It's definitely far from the city, and the walk to the train station is a little far (and through a sketchy area), but it's pretty easy to either take a taxi to the station, or if you're not traveling alone, you can walk. I used points for this stay, so I was a little more open to enduring the distance. If you don't mind staying far from the city, this is a great choice -- good price, really delicious breakfast, extremely friendly staff and clean, spacious rooms.

Stayed September 2009
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 April 2010

My husband and I recently spent a night at the Hilton because of a change in flights due to the Iceland volcano. We arrived at the airport via metro from the Chamartin train station, had a little difficulty finding the hotel's courtesy shuttle stop, but then didn't have to wait too long for it. The driver was extremely courteous and it was a short trip to the hotel).

The hotel is ultra-modern, very much a "corporate" and American style Hilton but after all, who stays at the airport if they're looking for a cultural experience.Check-in was quick, with questions answered about dinner and shuttle for the next day. The rooms are ultra-modern....lots of glass and high-tech, which was amusing after a week in more boutique European small hotels.

The only food available at night was the dinner buffet -- at first we were disappointed because we prefer menu service and thought we wanted something lighter. But after seeing the buffet, we were happy -- very complete, very fresh foods, and not outrageous (35 euros per person, with a 10% discount offered at check-in) for what many airport hotels can charge. (Still, many guests might want something less and there was absolutely nothing else available.) We also had 2 glasses of wine -- both free with coupons at check in.

The airport shuttle the next morning left right on time -- although is was totally full. Not sure what would happen if there were more people than seats.

If you need to be at the airport for an early or late flight, the Hilton is a good choice -- close, well-run, new, and the perks (discounts, free wine) certainly made us feel better about a slightly more expensive-than-average night. If we had been in Madrid before the flight, we would probably have stayed downtown and taken a taxi. But we had been in Segovia and had no need to go into downtown Madrid for the last night. It was very convenient to get from Segovia by local train to the Nuevos Ministerios metro stop, then take a short metro ride to the airport. If we had gone downtown for the night, we might have spent less on a hotel (maybe) but probably had taxi fares in both directions.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple