Hilton Madrid Airport
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
US$173
US$226
US$385
US$348
3,327 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemadrid airportdiamond memberfree shuttleconvenient shuttleshuttle servicean early morning flightbetween flightscity centremodern hotelbreakfast buffet ismetro stationtapastaxispaineurosgym
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I stayed for one night at the Hilton Madrid Airport while in transit during a business trip.
The hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport and close to a large shopping mall.

The design of the hotel is ultra modern and looks to be very new.
All staff encountered were very professional and helpful.

For me, the room was the best feature of the hotel. I'm not sure if I had an executive room, but the design was excellent for the business traveller.

There is a semi outdoor pool on the 2nd floor plus a small attached gym. The gym equipment is all top notch, but the size of the gym is very small.

Buffet breakfast was very good (not spectacular)

What I liked:
- Very comfortable bed with premium linens
- 2 nice chairs (desk and recliner....see pictures)
- Flat screen TV with many stations, although only a few English news ones
- Sound-proof
- Rain shower nozzle
- Venilation, water temperature/pressure excellent
- Useful work desk with a telephone on it (as opposed to on a night table)
- Hard wood floors (cleaner compared to carpet)

To improve:
- Size of gym is very small
- Add a few English (non-news) channels
- Change the 2 bottles of water in the room to free (instead of purchase)

Also
The premium internet is pricey @ about 22 Euro, however, the speed is the fastest I've encountered at a European hotel.

Hotel shuttle to airport @ around 8am was running every 20 minutes

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2010

The Hilton's a new, large, and modern designed hotel. We chose it because I've had some bad Madrid airport hotel stays in the past, and our flight left at 7:15 am. Shuttle was parked at the airport when we arrived, and the first one left promptly at 5:30 am the next morning. It's about 5 minutes from terminals 1-3, and 10 from terminal 4. You can reserve spots on the shuttle you want by sending the hotel an e-mail ahead of time, via Hilton's website. They had rolls, coffee and juice out at 5:30 - don't know if that continues once breakfast opens. Check in was very smooth and polite; they accomodated my request for a quiet room further away from the freeway in front - soundproofing seemed good though - and brought a rollaway bed, extra towels, and our luggage up very promptly. Rooms have a very modern design with nice bathrooms partitioned off by sliding frosted glass doors. Restaraunt was way overpriced (19 Euros for a hamburger and fries?), with somewhat snobby and slow service (e.g., pushing bottled water even after I requested and was fine with tap), but there's no where else near to go, and for one night it was fine - the food was good. No free internet service, not even just for flight check-in, which seems strange for an airport hotel. Price during the August business doldrums in Spain was about 80 Euros via Priceline (purchased regularly - I tried bidding a bit lower but no luck). In short, a great airport hotel for one night, but I would never stay here if visiting the city for tourism - it's too far from the center to make that worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Great staff. Had a hard time finding the Metro access but once I did it was only one Euro to go anywhere. When I had to leave before breakfast they had a carryout breakfast for me. Did not use the pay Internet but instead used the free Internet in the Executive Lounge if one has the privilege.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a day before catching a connecting flight. In brief the highlights were:

Modern hotel with large clean rooms and good amenities - sun deck, pool, sauna & small fitness area. (Steam bath STILL out of service).

Less than a 5 minute ride from and to the airport via free shuttle. For those catching a flight the next day this is a real plus.

Upgrades - I was upgraded from a standard King to an executive room with my Hilton Honors number. This gave me access to a restricted floor, with a lounge (free internet, coffee, snacks, pastries and drinks). do yourseld a favor and sign up.

Value - I booked this hotel on priceline for next to nothing. Coupling that with my Hilton Honors made this a boondoggle.

Lowpoints:

The hotel is about a 20 minute and 25 Euro ride to the city center, so if you are looking to access the city center it will take a little time and or money. There is a Metro that is about a 10 minute walk away. You have to cross a busy street, climb stairs and have a decent sense of diection to access it, so be forewarned. The metro ride into the center is about 30 - 35 minutes, but will only cost you 1 Euro for a one way fare.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank withoutborders78
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed for one night leaving on an early morning flight from Barajas Airport. The airport was hidden away on a tiny alley and difficult to find. The shuttle to the airport didn't start running until 5:30 am which left us unable to use it since we had to be at the airport at 5:00. The hotel is shaped like an open circle with rooms around the perimeter and open in the center with the restaurant on the ground floor in the middle.
The rooms and especially the restaurant had a cold (think poorly done 90's high tech look) "feel". The restaurant (bad service and uninspired menu aside) had a cavernous feel that left you exposed and uncomfortable.
Wireless internet access was $24 a day and they did have a "business center" where you could access a computer but internet usage was $12/hr....

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family