We stayed at the Madrid Hilton hotel for 2 nights at the end of November. There was a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. It was located at the stop with all the other hotel shuttles. There is a sign indicating which ones stop there. Check-in was easy and fast. The clerk at the desk gave us a very thorough description of the hotel amenities and was very welcoming.
We had booked our room over the internet (got a good rate) and requested an e-upgrade which did come through and we ended up with a beautiful corner room. The room style is very modern but comfortable.
A few small quibbles were that sometimes style triumphed over function. For example, the shower door opened such that you had to squeeze around it to get to the rest of the bathroom and the glass counter for the sink did not go right to the wall so that things fell over the edge easily. The hallway right outside our corner room was very dark so it was hard to operate the key lock the first time.
The room was very comfortable and quiet. There was no hallway noise nor airport noise. The main part of the hotel is in a giant multi-storey atrium. When we were there at the end of November it was about 8 C and windy outside and the restaurant and common areas were quite cool.
We had the continental breakfast each morning and it was large, varied and of high quality, although a bit expensive. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was of high quality, but expensive compared to downtime Madrid.
If you know where to walk to get to the metro station it is easy and inexpensive (1 euro) to get downtown. If you walk to the number 5 line (Alameda de Osuna station) it takes you directly to the centre of Madrid without changing. It is about a 15 min walk from the hotel in a nearby residential neighbourhood. You will need to check google maps carefully to find it. Another option is to take the shuttle back to the airport and take the metro from there, but that line is a different one and not as convenient to downtown.
There is also a very large indoor shopping mall with restaurants about 20 min walk away from the hotel. You need to cross a pedestrian bridge over the freeway to get to it and again consulting google maps helps.
I tried the large indoor-outdoor pool one evening. It was excellent. There is also a sauna (not coed) associated with the pool, as well as a fitness centre.
There was wifi and plug-in internet available for a fairly steep fee in the room. We used the business centre for 1 euro per minute, just to check emails and get boarding passes.
Overall the hotel stay was very enjoyable and we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stylish Hilton Madrid Airport hotel is just minutes from Madrid Barajas International Airport and the bustling cosmopolitan city of Madrid. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport and stops at attractions or use the nearby Metro station as your link to the city of Madrid.Indulge in a fantastic selection of rooms at this Madrid hotel which include impressive marble bathrooms, flat-screen LCD or plasma TVs and wireless internet access. Guest rooms feature heated floors and floor-to-ceiling windows. Executive, deluxe and relaxation rooms offer complimentary access to the Executive Lounge. Enjoy a suite that offers a separate living room and fluffy bathrobes for your comfort and convenience. Refresh with a swim in the hydrotherapeutic pool and exercise in the fully equipped fitness center.Consider the self-contained Convention Center located in the North Tower of the Hilton Madrid Airport for business conferences, celebrations and stylish Madrid weddings. Host up to 450 guests in space that includes a board room and elegant ballroom, making this Madrid airport hotel an ideal location.Savor sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine in the Reserva Grill Restaurant and enjoy tantalizing tapas and a glass of Rioja in the Ferrum Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Madrid Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madrid Airport Hotel Madrid
- Hilton International Madrid Airport
- Madrid Hilton