“Typical Spaniard Attitude of being Absolutely Rude and Obnoxious”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #73 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
los angeles, ca
“Typical Spaniard Attitude of being Absolutely Rude and Obnoxious”
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I own a luxury travel company that is publicly traded and when I come across people like this in hotels across the world I wonder to myself how they are still in business. This is absolutely one of the worst hotels in all of Madrid. Do not stay in this hotel. Even if you pay for a presidential suite, penthouse, or executive suite, you get treated like you are a piece fof garbage. Take my word for it and stay somewhere else. Stay very clear of this hotel. I am the majority shareholder of several publicly traded companies and if I ever had staff that treated me this way I would immediately shut my hotel down, read a book called "Tribal Leadership" and make some drastic changes. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank trav3715
GM_HiltonMadAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Dear Travelwizard77,

I am extremely shocked by the description of your stay in Madrid with your generalized comment on the Spanish people. I have been leaving now for 3 years in Spain and I must say that I am personally delighted with how welcoming the Spanish people are and at all times focused on delivering excellent customer service, along with the local culture and all the tourism delights that the country has to offer…

Regarding your overall comment of the Hotel, I want to sincerely apologize about the fact that you felt so badly about the way you were treated by our executive lounge team member. It is also sad to hear that the fact he did not let you take food from the lounge to your room impacted so strongly your overall perception on your entire stay. I have personally talked to the Team member that attended you to make sure that in the future he communicates this hotel policy in a more appropriate way.

Finally looking at all the critics you have posted on tripadvisors in your past stays in various hotels, I can see you have only had awful experiences, so please contact me directly for your next trip in Madrid so that I can make sure it is an unforgettable one for the right reasons!

I hope to welcome you soon personally at the Hilton Madrid Airport!

Clement Felus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2011

travel 300 days per year. I'm a diamond member w/Hilton......but that didnt matter.....staff can barely speak English.......... This is a dirty hotel. House cleaning personnel need to be re-trained on how 2 clean a chambre. My sink was stopped up, sockets out of the wall, dirty shower,toilet and BEST of all, LEFT OVER FOOD IN THE MINI BAR FROM THE PREVIOUS GUEST!!! & it STUNK!!!

Dreadful hotel.....took reception staff 2 hours 2 get me another room as I waited outside the room in the cold because of the design of the hotel........

all that in the first 30 minutes after arriving from an international flight....NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Dublinsome1
GM_HiltonMadAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 26 January 2011
Dear Dublinsome1,

First of all, let me personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay!

I fell particularly sorry since it is the first time I receive such a negative feedback from one of my guests since the opening of the Hilton Madrid Airport in 2008, and the first one in Tripadvisor in the last 265 critics from your fellow travelers. Please contact me directly so that we can organize your next trip to Madrid and show you that this case was an isolate incident and not at all a true reflection of the service we provide to all our guests on a daily basis.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon,

Clement Felus

General Manager Hilton Madrid Airport
Email: gm.madridairport@hilton.com
London
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We stayed here during all of the snow disruption before Christmas. A very smart looking hotel. Good food (room service) and outstanding front desk service. The fellow who helped us in with our luggage was also able to check us in. All the staff were very friendly and helpful

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Modern, comfortable, convenient, with free airport transfers. Pleasant room with that little extra luxury like leather recliner and separate walk-in shower. Full marks.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Spotlessly clean, spacious, modern hotel with a spectacular internal scenic lift! Our executive room was lovely; there isn't much of a view, as this is an airport hotel but this did not detract at all from our enjoyment. The staff are charming and extremely helpful; the executive lounge provides good canapes and a wide range of drinks; breakfast was delicious, interesting and varied; the bar is in the main hotel reception - check out the fab red heart shaped chairs! The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the tube station, then you can be in the city centre within 30 minutes. There is a free bus from the airport to the hotel. Altogether a great hotel! This is our second visit and we shall return, no doubt.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2010

We stayed at the Madrid Hilton hotel for 2 nights at the end of November. There was a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. It was located at the stop with all the other hotel shuttles. There is a sign indicating which ones stop there. Check-in was easy and fast. The clerk at the desk gave us a very thorough description of the hotel amenities and was very welcoming.

We had booked our room over the internet (got a good rate) and requested an e-upgrade which did come through and we ended up with a beautiful corner room. The room style is very modern but comfortable.

A few small quibbles were that sometimes style triumphed over function. For example, the shower door opened such that you had to squeeze around it to get to the rest of the bathroom and the glass counter for the sink did not go right to the wall so that things fell over the edge easily. The hallway right outside our corner room was very dark so it was hard to operate the key lock the first time.

The room was very comfortable and quiet. There was no hallway noise nor airport noise. The main part of the hotel is in a giant multi-storey atrium. When we were there at the end of November it was about 8 C and windy outside and the restaurant and common areas were quite cool.

We had the continental breakfast each morning and it was large, varied and of high quality, although a bit expensive. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was of high quality, but expensive compared to downtime Madrid.

If you know where to walk to get to the metro station it is easy and inexpensive (1 euro) to get downtown. If you walk to the number 5 line (Alameda de Osuna station) it takes you directly to the centre of Madrid without changing. It is about a 15 min walk from the hotel in a nearby residential neighbourhood. You will need to check google maps carefully to find it. Another option is to take the shuttle back to the airport and take the metro from there, but that line is a different one and not as convenient to downtown.

There is also a very large indoor shopping mall with restaurants about 20 min walk away from the hotel. You need to cross a pedestrian bridge over the freeway to get to it and again consulting google maps helps.

I tried the large indoor-outdoor pool one evening. It was excellent. There is also a sauna (not coed) associated with the pool, as well as a fitness centre.

There was wifi and plug-in internet available for a fairly steep fee in the room. We used the business centre for 1 euro per minute, just to check emails and get boarding passes.

Overall the hotel stay was very enjoyable and we would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I staid at the hotel for 4 days, two days for work and the week end with family. For the first two days, I found the room very convenient with a big desk and nice chair to spend time reviewing the presentaion of the day... When my family arrived, the room was big enough to easily add an extra bed (they called it a relaxation room). The Location of the hotel can be an issue since it is not at the airport exactly but we discussed it with the concierge who gave us 2 very convenient solution since there is a free shuttle going to madrid's center and a Metro station 5 minutes walking distance... So finally we find our way quite easily back and forth to the center... But anyway, since it was quite cold and windy in madrid we spend quite a lot of time in the hotel ( and the heated swimming pool!)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business