“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #321 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I like the hotel, because it's convenient for me: Good price, free transportation to the airport, plus good service (when ask for extra bed for my children and cover sheets). The price is very good especially at this time of financial crises. The transportation to the airport makes it even better.

Room Tip: quieter, comfortable, good service when ask for more towels and covers.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank derdari999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rocles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Come on previous reviewers - get a life! This is a hotel with parking close to the airport which does what it says on the tin. The people at reception were very helpful, the free welcome drink was given, the car was parked for 2 weeks for pretty much nothing compared to the charges at the airport itself, the bus to the airport was efficient, the rooms were huge, the bed was comfortable, the place was easy enough to find if you'd looked on google maps in advance (we drove straight in, no satnav just common sense), there was pretty much no noise even though the hotel is about 500m from the end of the runway - so what is everybody complaining about???

Given previous reviews we brought our own food but to be honest we needn't have bothered. OK it's not cheap but having just spent a week in a ski resort where you'd pay 10 euros for a plate of chips and here they're under 4, so what.

We paid 105 euros for a large room and 15 days parking. Everybody was friendly and helpful - printed off our boarding passes with no questions asked. Yes, we booked in advance and why wouldn't you?

Come on previous reviewers. Where else could you get such good value and service?!!!!

Room Tip: First floor and specify double bed required if it is - they will do it.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
las americas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Just an overnight stay, rooms were clean and basic. Good free bus from airport. We have an 18 month old baby, there were no shops nearby and we had ran out of nappies. The staff in the hotel couldn't help with any information on where to get some. Even charged us 2 euros for a tiny glass of milk for the baby. The food was ridiculously expensive over 7euros for a baguette in the bar. The kids were hungry, and there was no where nearby at all to eat or buy food, so had to pay this. In the morning went down the buffet breakfast, my husband and I were not eating, just the two kids aged ten and eight, we were told we couldn't sit with them whilst they ate breakfast if we didn't order it as well!! We we told we could wait in the corridor whilst they ate! The woman in the restaurant was rude and abrupt, so we booked an early bus back to airport for connecting flight. Cheap night stay, but would rather pay a little more for customer service in a different hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a buggy make sure it's a room on ground floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lisa j

Travellers are raving about these Madrid hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I'm giving this a one-star as it won't let me rate it zero. I was charged €164 for one night in this place, the normal price is around €40-50. The bathroom smelt of raw sewage, the bedroom didn't have any curtains and was on the ground floor, I did not feel safe. I pointed out the 'aroma' problem but was advised there were no other rooms available, I would have moved hotel but Madrid hotels were all full. The blocks of rooms must have been industrial units before, there's no sound-proofing, it's in an industrial estate and there's no lighting from the reception building to the prison blocks, if you're unstable on your feet I wouldn't advise staying here as the ground is uneven. The food's terrible and highly over-priced (there's nothing else near the hotel so they can charge what they like). There are no mini-bars in the rooms and no water available as the reception/restaurant closes at midnight. There was a vending machine in a tent in the car-park but there was no water in it! The 'welcome cocktail' didn't happen as there was nobody serving in the bar. At check-out I asked the receptionist if they could do anything with the price considering the bad room I had plus the cost but they weren't interested and quite grumpy that I had the affrontery to ask! The buffet breakfast was cold as their 'hotplates' didn't work, I thought I'd just make do with a coffee and croissant until I got to the airport, sadly the coffee was out of a vending machine and was also disgusting! I had to pay up the full cost, I feel robbed and would not recommend this hotel in any way, the worst place I've ever stayed (and I've stayed in some pretty seedy places that cost a fraction of this place!). STEER CLEAR!!

Room Tip: Go somehwere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank kaz55
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

Close to the airport, very nice people at the reception. Rooms are clean only surounding is idustrial. Free shuttle service is fine. In Total is o.k for this price. Unfortunately the bar is closing at midnight and no real breakfast before 6 o'clock in the morning.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

As I'm in a reasonably good mood I'll round it up to a 2. Yes, it is 'an airport hotel', and sort of does what it says on the tin but firstly the transfer form the airport took an absolute age as they didn't seem to know who they were picking up from which terminal or when, Secondly felt like the check-in was a real chore for the people behind the desk. Third did not really enjoy walking around in the dark to find the room, and when we did I thought we'd been transported to a Pontins camp. Fourth, we had to leave early the next morning and the only thing on offer was a coffee making machine and a doughnut for breakfast, OK if you're Homer Simpson I guess. And the guy on the desk was really grumpy again.

Positives - clean and quite close to the airport.

Won't be rushing back there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business