“Thank you Oscar”

Ranked #53 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Santa Fe, NM
“Thank you Oscar”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We loved our stay at Oscar. Very cool and hip hotel in a great location making walking everywhere easy to do. Highly recommended for those looking for an affordable but stylish hotel in an energetic location. The roof top terrace was fabulous, had cocktails there every night before we went out. For the price, Oscar is hard to beat. The breakfast was more than adequate to get you going.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a sleepy quaint hotel, this will not be for you. Everyone else should enjoy i...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Tamara L, Director de Recepción at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Dear Philip,

Nothing can make us happier than reading that you enjoyed your stat with us in Óscar and we thank you as well for leaving your opinion in this web page as it is very important to us.

I am happy to tell you as well we have some new products in our breakfast so I am sure you will love it in your next visit!

Front desk manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay close to all amenities with good size rooms. A little expensive on the drinks side but that just made us go to the wonderful bars around. Breakfast included but I would have loved a boiled egg!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for your words and for sharing your experience at Room Mate Oscar with other people.

I am happy to tell you we have added some new products to our breakfast and we have no boiled eggs yet but we do have them scrambled!

We wish to see you again in the early future so you can enjoy it by yourself!

Támara López,
Beijing
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed only for one night in the Oscar. A great location to explore the city. The main parts are all in walking distance and it seems to be a fun and interestingly designed hotel. The rooms are very spacious and you get free WLAN which is very valuable.
In the rooms you can see the age of the place. Some things are a little scretched and stained and sometimes even broken. But it's minor.
My problem was the noise. As the overall environment, even in the middle of the city was quiet, there was a techno beat playing all night and I couldn't locate it. It must have been somewhere in the building. And as it was repeating the same songs over and over, I guess it was some kind of floor or elevator music.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed with 3 girlfriends and loved every minute. Very central location - can't beat it. Really helpful staff and fab rooms. For the price this is an absolutely great place to stay. The roof terrace is great for day and night - but make sure you book (a large bed) on the terrace if you want to go up there in the day.
The work of the chambermaid was also worth a mention - sublime cleaning and care taken.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are quite a bit bigger. I'd go for a floor like 2,3,4 in order to avoid near the ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

What a beautiful comment you have left here! It is a pleasure for us reading these kind of reviews and it will be a pleasure to let the whole staff know you and your friends had such a nice stay.

We really wish to see you soon again in our marvellous city!

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Recently spent 5 nights at Room Mate Oscar. The hotel is situation in Cheuca district which is the gay area which has eclectic designer shops, mainly shoes, and plenty of good tapas bars. It's a great part of town, with a nice, safe atmosphere. The hotel is very close to the Cheuca underground station. Download the Madrid metro app for 99 cents...it's a bargain and really helps you to get around the city. I liked the hotel, it's position and the room was very comfortable. I didn't like that the air- conditioner in my room didn't work and the room has a split bathroom design; basin in the bedroom, shower/toilet separate...not a real issue. The rooftop pool and bar is really nice and a great way to finish our day however as a guest there is a charge, i think it was 10€, and they request that you book the time when you would like to use the pool. I thought this was unrealistic as how do you know what time you will return to the hotel and when you may like a swim. I thought you should be able to use the pool whenever you want, particularly after a day of
sightseeing. All up it is a very nice hotel and I then went on to stay at the sister hotel, Room Mate Pau, in Barcelona. I recommend the hotel as I enjoyed my stay there and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The internal rooms are quieter than those facing the square.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Dear Darren,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write here your experience in Oscar.

We are really glad to read you enjoyed your stay and you like the hotel and the pool. I am really sorry if the fact of making a reservation for the pool was disapointing or uncomfortable, but as the pool is not an olympic one ;) and we just have availibity for a maximum of 30 people, we need to ask our guests if they want to make a reservation for half or whole day. This way we can guarantee the service will be the best we can and the pool will conserve its essence, a private pool club.

We hope to see you again in the next time you will come to Madrid.

Kind regards,
Switzerland
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I got to the hotel chain recommended for a business trip by a friend and it looked quite nice.
Good location overall.
I asked for a quite room. Eventhough I was promised at reception it is a quiet room - it was next to the elevators and the kitchen!! could fall a sleep only at 2am! due to the noise and the bad sound-proof doors! (you hear everything).
The room was smelling of cheap citron room spray and did not have a hair dryer to use!
Next day when I got a new room, I got one which smelled of MOULD! absolutely aweful! after that I got upgraded to a suite, which was nice BUT again next to the elevator! the bad doors, where you hear everything!! meaning everything! and no sleepless night! what a desaster!! (1-3.30am party next door until they stopped when I called the security guy!!

The price of more than EUR 150 per night is definitely not worth it!
an extra 6 or 7 EUR for the breakfast is also too much! no basics such as fried eggs/bacon or beans, no serivce (all self service!) - really not worth it!!!

what a surprise at the end... even complaining at the check out I god only a 'we are so sorry for that' and that is all. - not what I call a great design hotel!
It was "nice" to hear a couple next to me talking to the hotel manager and complaining about a sleepless night too! and fighting for a 50% discount... which they got after fighting it!

Roof terrace is night - apart from having to pay in cash rather than putting it onto the room invoice.

definitely horrible stay with lots of migraine!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Passion_to_travel_j
roommateoscar, Gerente at Room Mate Oscar, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for all the issues mentioned in your opinion, our aim is to achieve all your needs.

Our team is always willing to help you and to make your stay wonderful, which, clearly, in your case we have not achieved. I would ask you to please accept my apologies and I would also like to express my regret for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay that may have spoilt your enjoinment of what we would have hoped would have been a totally satisfactory stay in our hotel.

I would be very glad if you want to come again to our hotel. Please contact me directly to make your booking. This will give us the chance to show you the Room Mate experience.

Yours sincerely,

Gonzalo Ladrón de Guevara
Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for you.
We had a deluxe room which was spotless and felt very spcious.
The roof terrace is a must. It is known as one of the best sunbathing spots in Madrid so try and reserve your bed before your arrival as they do book up.
The location is perfect. The immediate area is full of quirky bars& restaurants. You are minutes from the shops, gran via& Sol :)

We would return in a flash to this hotel and would definitely recommend it as a place for single, couples or group holidays.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

We get very happy everytime we read our guests have felt and lived what we call "The Room Mate Experience".

Thank you very much as well for sharing your experience with other travelers who can find it useful if they are planning to visit our great city.

We do wish to welcoming you again in your next visit to Madrid.

Front Desk Manager