“Good vegetarian food, moderate prices”
Review of Artemisa

Artemisa
Ranked #653 of 11,701 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Huertas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Artemisa was the first of the vegetarian restaurants I had seen on Trip Advisor that I went to in Madrid. It wasn't the best, but was good enough. It's a bit off the beaten track and is quite dark inside so I actually wasn't sure it was even open, until I tried the door.
The service was ok, nothing outstanding. I had Pastel Persa (a vegetable pie with zucchini, eggplant, pistachio sauce and couscous) which was nice as a lunch dish. Before this I was given a free small appetiser as is quite common in Madrid restaurants. Bread is given to you however it appears on your bill so is not free (0.98 euro) - again, quite common in Madrid.
The main course plus bread and a coke was 19.12 euro - not cheap but not outrageous.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This certainly wasn't service with a smile. I don't think the waitress cracked one the whole time. She figured out I spoke English and asked if I wanted the English menu. I did, and it wasn't until later that I realized that all the locals had received the special lunch menu, while I ordered off the full menu. I also saw other people get tap water, but I wasn't given a choice when I just asked for water.
She gave me bread, and when I said no bread, she left it on the table. Luckily, unlike other places I have been to, she didn't charge me for it.
The food was good, my first tofu in weeks, but it had large chunks of ginger that were super strong. I ended up trying to pick them out.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good menu For about 12 euro including a bottle of wine. New flavours make a nice light lunch in the heat of summer.

1  Thank WouterBK
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Well, I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm open to try and taste new food styles. We went to Artemisa while on vacation in Madrid. It is located near the Puerta del Sol square. I really liked it. Order the organic beer, it has been a surprise!!

Loved it

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Food was average, place is fancy and a bit $$ though. However, its one of the few veggie options I could find - so if you're looking for something other than patatas bravas off the tapas menu, then its not a bad place to try out