“Familia”
Review of Goizeko Wellington

Goizeko Wellington
Reserve with
Goizeko Wellington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #593 of 10,923 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Familia”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

On a recent trip to Madrid I was able to enjoy a dinner with my daughter,cousins and friends.
Great intimate atmosphere and settings for a memorable evening. From the carnivore corner to the vegetarian members as well as the excellent seafood we were all satisfied and impressed. A varied wine list fulfilled the diverse tastes and we had impeccable servers that were attentive , prompt and unobtrusive . Great evening with family and friends.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JuanFra G

Groningen, The Netherlands
“Prefect food, good service, but the restaurant is not the most attractive”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food we ate was faultless. Two of us started by sharing 1/2 portions of asparagus salad, civeche and tuna tartar. In hindsight I'd have choosen a full portion of the asparagus, but otherwise perfect. As a main course we both had the lobster with potatoes (only served for two people). The lobster was erved with a unbelievably rich fish sauce. Normally I like my lobster served simply, but this was so good I was glad I made an exception. Deserts was also very good. My wife had a rich Tarte Tartin, while I had fresh fruit served with a frozen gin and topic mush!

Wine list is mainly Spanish, but offers good value. Simple wines are available for 10 Euro a bottle, while our excellent Rias Baixas was 30 Euro, Service was friendly and although our Spanish was is very limited this didn't cause a problem.

Downstairs the restaurant was very busy so I'm glad we ate upstairs. Persoanally I think food of this quality deserves to be served in a restauarnt that looks a little more impressive.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TravelingCelt
Great Neck, New York
“Goizeko Wellington Was Disappointing!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We choose this restaurant anticipating that it would be an upscale dining experience and we were very disappointed with the food. My husband ordered cod in green sauce but the sauce was just that-green and tasteless. I had the lamb which was overcooked, dry and and tasteless. While the surroundings were beautiful and the service was good I would avoid this restaurant. There are many cheaper and better restaurants in Madrid.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Almrpm
Puerto Rico
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We completed a visit of Museo del Prado and headed to this nearby restaurant on a cool but comfortable night of January. Elegant, sophisticated, nice table, well served, deliciously prepared meals appetizers, excellent fish and meat dishes...
What else?

• Visited January 2013
Madrid, Spain
“Beautiful decor, good food, not so good staff”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

An overall good experience with beautifully prepared food accompanied with suitable wines. The sommelier was very professional and helpful in choosing wines. The same goes for the hostess; perfect hostess (friendly, approachable, professional and with a smile on her face constantly). However, the rest of the waiting staff were a bit inpersonal and did not explain the dishes we got served properly. In a place such as this restaurant this is a perceived expectation from my side. Especially because I am very much interested in what I am eating there, here and everywhere. Regarding the food: The amuse with the potato foam was a very good piece to start off your taste buttons! The lobster salad was light, fresh and well-prepared. I had the sea bass (which was recommended to me) with artichokes, asparagus tips and noisettes. Beautiful!! (and I'm Norwegian(!)). We did not go for any dessert as we wanted to prolong the taste of the great fish.. I would visit this place for the fish, but considering the price level and ambiance; I believe there are other places just as good unfortunately, especially for young people whereas the average age in Goizeko was (this evening though) around 50-80 years. Finally, I had a overall great night with well-prepared fish and GREAT company.

• Visited January 2013