“Uneven food, service nonexistent”

L'Albufera Restaurante
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
L'Albufera Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #338 of 11,701 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$43 - US$67
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1983 and a pioneer in Madrid, the famous L’Albufera restaurant is the ideal place for enjoying exquisite east coast rice dishes as well as a wide range of traditional Spanish dishes accompanied by an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had to wait five minutes to be seated although the restaurant was almost empty. When asked what I wanted to drink I asked whether they have half bottles of white whine. Instead of showing me the wine list they brought without a word a full bottle of, I presume, their house wine. The wine was decent, so I accepted it. They charged only for a half bottle.

As a starter I chose grilled baby squid, which was perfectly prepared and delicious. The sea bass I had as main course was over cooked and, as a consequence, dry and uninteresting. The lemon sorbet in cava was an excellent dessert, but I had to wait over ten minutes to order it.

All dishes were put in front of me without a word, smile or eye contact.

1  Thank Mats G
Javier_Alcalde, Assistant Manager at L'Albufera Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear customer,

I'd like to thank you for the time dedicated in sending us your kind comments that will help us to improve our service.

We apologize for the inconvenience we caused you.

Best regards.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

When in Spain - you must try Paella. I've had this dish numerous times and I really enjoy it. So, when we were in Madrid I asked some co-workers who live there where to go - they all said L'Albufera. A reservation is a must - we booked two days in advance and had to eat at 2000, which is opening time in Spain. The restaurant is part of the Melia hotel - but do not let that stop you. As mentioned, went there for the Paella and was not disappointed. It was cooked perfectly and loaded with shrimp and chicken. It is brought to you table side in the cooking dish. Very generous servings and plenty to take back after. To finish up, try the Arroz con leche - wow!
Will be back again in the fall and will certainly stop here again.

1  Thank MAbendhoff
Javier_Alcalde, Assistant Manager at L'Albufera Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear guest,

It's really nice to hear your wonderful comments which encourage us to continue in our effort to get your satisfaction.

We'll be waiting for you in fall to serve you.

Best regards.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having enjoyed a great arroz negre at a port restaurant in Tarragona, I decided to head to what I had been told was the best paella restaurant in Madrid to enjoy this great dish again. Well...I have to say that it was a disappointment. It wasn't bad, but certainly not as good as I expected based in the reviews that I read. The restaurant is obviously a popular destination, and the service was great.

1  Thank Karen G
Javier_Alcalde, Assitant Manager at L'Albufera Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Karen,

First of all thanks so much for coming to L´Albufera restaurant and thanks so much for your kind comments.
I feel that the experience has not been fully enjoy it and we have not met your expectations with the "arroz negre". In this way, it would be a really pleasure to see you back some day and be able to change that feeling.

Yours sincerelly,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's about a 10-15 min cab ride if your hotel is close to the main attractions (i.e. Prado Museum, Puerta del Sol, etc), but it's definitely worth the trip. My wife and I went here for dinner and the food was delicious. The seafood croquettes were great and the paella was amazing. We ordered the seafood and chicken paella, and we're guessing the other ones were good as well because all the other tables around us ordered paella too (seafood, lobster, and black squid ink versions). The staff were really nice and attentive. We reserved a table ahead of time using thefork and we were able to get 40% off our bill!

Javier_Alcalde, Assistant Manager at L'Albufera Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

It's very nice to know that you found everything as you expected. We always try to do our best job to get our customers satisfaction.

This is the best gift from you to encourage the team.

Best regards..

Reviewed 3 April 2014

As paella places go this is one of the best of Madrid, we eat a few starters than were delicious, 3 different kind of rice and a great desert. Overall everything was splendid including the free post lunch liqueurs

Javier_Alcalde, Assistant Manager at L'Albufera Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for sending us the best opinions that the staff wants to hear from our customers which encourage us to continue working hard to reach the excelence.

Receive a cordial greeting.