“lovely, romantic bistro”

Neighbourhood: Chueca
New Orleans, Louisiana
“lovely, romantic bistro”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Maison Blanche during our stay in Madrid. The atmosphere is calm and sophisticated, the service was great but unobtrusive and the food was very good. It was a lovely, romantic break from our hectic family vacation. We speak some Spanish but there was staff present who were fluent in English, so that should not be an issue for non speakers. It is in a lovely neighborhood of Madrid, just great for walking off that meal!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank 70115

London, United Kingdom
“Personal Service and Good Food”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Service was personal and very good. As none of our party spoke Spanish, the waiter very helpfully tried to translate each item on the menu for us.

Kudos to the manager also, who opened the restaurant early for us, as we had made a reservation for 8pm when the restaurant didn't open til 9!

Couldn't fault the food, and my friends particularly enjoyed the steak tartare.

Would go back again.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank little_L86
london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cool atmosphere - mixing with the elite of madrid”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

enjoyed the ambience and atmosphere of the venue most. Nice decor and lighting, both restaurant and bar. Other diners seemed to be mainly well heeled madrilenos - nice feel for if you're making an occasion of the evening. Service was a bit slow, and don't expect any english translations. But food was good, and well presented. Value was also good apart from service.

• Visited May 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Food was OK but service actually terrible”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Decided to take the girlfriend for a meal here on the valentines weekend whilst we were in Madrid.
We were seated and given the menu but were harrassed to make a decision quickly on what we were to eat. Only being able to speak a little spanish I was desyphering the menu rather brilliantly I thought but it was taking a little time. The waiter offered little in advice other then to tell me almost everything was OX, I dont know if it was all OX but I was served Duck.
The duck was lovely and so was the OX that my girlfriend got but the waiter on two occasions attempted to take the meal from in front of her while she was still eating and had not finished... the second time he was actually successful. The second thing he managed to do was to give the open bill to my girlfriend to see how much the meal cost. I was livid with this and at best the bill should be placed in the centre of the table with the option left to the people eating as to weather they wish to disclose the amount to each other.
I dont know if they were having an off day but that was the only day I was there so to me the place is off in my experience. The atmosphere is terrible, it involves a lot of backslapping and sucking up of what may be well known people in Madrid.
I wount be going back its awful, there are much more respectful places to eat in Madrid :-)

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank Petcucu
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food - a true gem not to miss when visiting Madrid”
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We had dinner in Maison Blanche on a Monday night, the restaurant is immaculate white, the service was up to our expectations and above all the food was a real discovery. We had the opportunity to meet Richard the owner and that made up the rest of our experience.
We really enjoyed the Tuna Tataki, highly recommend and Tuna Tartare but frankly everything on the menu was delicious.

• Visited April 2011