“Great little find. Hip restaurant. English owner.”
Review of Maison Blanche - CLOSED

Maison Blanche
Price range: US$34 - US$46
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chueca
Dublin, Ireland
“Great little find. Hip restaurant. English owner.”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a v cool little restaurant. The waiters didn't speak English but we didn't care because we loved it. Ironically the owner is a flamboyant Englishman, who was also very welcoming. Definitely recommend.

1 Thank Bigtripper322

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and amazing food”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was there for a dinner with colleagues and clients , it was my very first time there and we had great dinner. The layout is very cool as you step into the place, with a sort of fashion exhibition along the way to the dining hall; the white wall and the elegant furniture make the atmosphere very pleasant. The food was very good...and the tuna tartar is simply amazing. We had few different dishes and each dish was a very good combination of flavours...I really like them.
I had also the chance to meet the owner, Richard, who is a very nice person who cares about his restaurant and customers.
Definitely the right place for a nice dinner with friends, clients or spouse, next time in Madrid I won't miss the chance for another dinner there.
Michele

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Michele T
New York City, New York
“Excellent Fare”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Great food, great atmosphere, great service, what more can you ask for.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Philip S
Scotland
“A Jewel of Chueca”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

There are many restaurants in Chueca , we were slightly discouraged by reviews calling is a cafe but once we chose this one, we were very impressed.On Monday night it was quiet, we had opportunity to appreciate the interior, elegant!
Our Spanish is non-existent so we were puzzled by the menu; a personable Frenchman who served us explained it all and made suggestions what to choose.I had sandre perfectly cooked, my husband chose duck and liked it too. We kept comparing it with meals we had in French restaurants in the past, this place got the highest marks. In the end I regretted that I was not more adventurous (carpaccio od tuna for next time?). It was the best meal we had during our 1 week in Madrid and is on the list for next visit.We were very impressed with the professionalism of young man who served us.
The owner of this resto , Richard Foster should be proud, such wonderful establishment.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank ScottishMyszka
New Orleans, Louisiana
“lovely, romantic bistro”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Maison Blanche during our stay in Madrid. The atmosphere is calm and sophisticated, the service was great but unobtrusive and the food was very good. It was a lovely, romantic break from our hectic family vacation. We speak some Spanish but there was staff present who were fluent in English, so that should not be an issue for non speakers. It is in a lovely neighborhood of Madrid, just great for walking off that meal!

Visited June 2011