“Very Italian!”

Neighbourhood: Chueca
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Very Italian!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Wonderful Italian food, waiters who were genuinely Italian and very friendly & free limoncello after the meal. Will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2012

• Greek first
Madrid
“Very good Italian food in an informal atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This is a bit like a school canteen but they have probably the best pizza in Madrid.

paris
“A bit disappointed...!”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This restaurant was recommended by a friend so my husband and I decided to give it a try. We went there for lunch and one thing I noticed is that they don t have a lunch menu which is alright with us. It is a bit pricey for the quality. We ordered mozzarella di buffala which i found a bit rubbery. For the main dish, the waiter suggested that I should try their Osso Bucco but to my dismay - it is a bit more salty and I can see that the sauce used is canned tomato - I would expect that at least they use fresh tomatoes for the dish....My husband got fresh pasta with truffle oil which was ok...the only good thing with the meal was the dessert - the tiramisu was quite good....I don't think I would like to dine again in this restaurant....For the price, I expect better quality....!

• Visited December 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice Decor with rude staff and cold food.”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We were recommended this restaurant from someone in Madrid, so we went for our anniversary celebration meal, the restaurant is located in a small dark and dingy back street which was a bit difficult to find and not in a lovely part of the city.
We had booked a table for 9pm and arrived at around 8.55pm, the door was heavily secured and had finger recognition security for staff,(which seemed a bit dodgy to me) we were abruptly told that they were closed and were to wait outside until 9pm which i though was totally rude and made us feel rather silly and believe me the street didn't feel the safest.
Eventually when we were allowed in we were given a nice seat but left for some considerable time before we received the menus (which had no English translation) and were given the chance to order drinks. The waiters/staff loved themselves and were quite abrupt and looked to me like they didnt really enjoy being there at all. The pizza i ordered was nice but my wife ordered Lasagne which arrived far too quickly and was cold in the centre, we also got the usual bring the bread and crackers stuff out with asking for it (and were charged for it)
The interior of the restaurant is lovely and with the proper staff and manners would be a nice location for a romantic meal, but sadly overall a fairly poor experience and i wouldn't really recommend a visit.

• Visited September 2011
MadridandShipham
“A little bit of Italy in Madrid”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I've eaten here several times and thoroughly enjoy it. The quality, staff and general atmosphere make it worth a visit. Whether it is a pizza or the pasta, my favourite is the seafood pasta, I am never disappointed. The canolo is the perfect end to a meal there! I hope they have continued success.

• Visited May 2011