“Out-of-this-World Amazing!”
Review of Viridiana

Viridiana
Reserve with
Viridiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 11,010 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighbourhood: Paseo del Prado
London, United Kingdom
“Out-of-this-World Amazing!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I struggle to imagine how anyone could rate the food and service at Viridiana anything less than excellent! No, it's not the kind of food that you would find in midwest America, but that's the point! It's unique; it's creative; but incredibly delicious and satisfying. The Gazpacho is utterly amazing and since tomatoes are a fruit, it's not such a stretch to add another fruit to it. So as not to fill up before my main arrived, I had to push back from the delicious bread with its crispy crust and soft center! The seafood salad is outstanding, not inexpensive at around 12 Euros, but it's chocked full of grilled scallops, shrimp and baby squid! Our meal was one we will not soon forget!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LondonTraveller61

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
california
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at Viridiana. We were greeted at the door and led to our table by a friendly waiter. Before receiving our salad, we had the complimentary strawberry/seafood gazpacho. Contrary to another reviewer, we loved the soup, (however a small bowl is just enough). We also had the complementary Iberian ham and melon. The salad we shared and was plated for two people was a nopal (cactus) salad with tomato, anchovies, and zested orange. We loved it. My husband had the guinea fowl with a plum sauce and I had pork meat balls in a curry sauce with roasted peach slices. Both entrees were delicious. We topped it off with a great bottle of wine and mango and passion fruit for dessert. The chef came out and spoke to many of the patrons, however, I do not think he spoke English and therefore, he just motioned a "hello" to us and asked if everything was good. I would recommend this restaurant if you want good local flavors, a small, intimate setting, and good service.

Palm Springs, California
“Really 2.5 stars”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Not sure where all these positive reviews are coming from. We were recommended to this by the Ritz concierge. Had two choices of red wine by the glass, a Ribera and a Rioja. Staff nice enough to let me try both. Bread was ridiculously hard....seriously, how hard is it to get bread right!? Gazpacho soup pre-appetizers had a fishy taste that was off putting for me. Goat cheese salads were great. The Hake and my fish dish (wish I could remember the name) were both just ok.

2 Thank gate6122016
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just missed it for me”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went for dinner last night and were sent there on the recommendation of a very famous Spanish chef. We began with the gazpacho, a dish I grew up with and loved, they added chunks of strawberries and herring to it! I get the sweet and salty thing but this did not work. The bites I had of the soup with out the fish/fruit combo were delicious, to bad. It was served alongside so Ibirco ham and melon, which were delicious. Then we had the egg with mushroom sauce and truffles this was a great dish. I can't complain about it. I ordered the leg of lamb with couscous. The lamb was great, tender with a crunchy skin, the couscous was a dry afterthought. My husband had the steak that he enjoyed, huge and well cooked. The place is poorly decorated with a Hollywood movie theme. It looked like something out of the '80s. But the worst part is that we were both sick in the middle of the night and the next morning. The service was good.

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Take Care”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This restaurant was round the corner from our hotel - the food and the ambiance are excellent. However, the Butter Fish main course, although delicious, should come with a health warning. This was the first time I had eaten this fish and in some people the fish acts like a strong laxative, as it did for me. This gave me a sleepless night and lost me the morning sightseeing.

• Visited June 2014