“Good Tapas”
Review of Esteban

Esteban
Reserve with
Esteban is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #652 of 11,701 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Latina
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Nice traditional tapas restaurant on busy street with reasonably priced good food and attentive service.

Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Too expensive tapas, poor choice, very poor portions...we stopped here just to eat while seated but we realized immediately why it was empty!

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I ended up here for a dinner as Botin (unsurprisingly) was full. And I am glad I did, despite my disappointed that they were out of pick suckling. Had a wonderful stew of bull's tail and was served a very decent glass of rioja. The place is relaxed and cosy, and the service is perfectly attentive, polite but still informal!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We entered this restaurant in "old" Madrid because we were in the area, and the exhibit in the window (partridges) looked good. The waiters greeted us affably and SINCERELY -- with joking formality ( we are Spanish speakers...). The exhibit at the bar was a wonderful-looking lechona asada -- roast baby pig -- which I ordered, and it was even better than it looked: THE BEST lechona I've ever had! My husband had ox-tail, which he claimed was as good as at home; dodn't remember what the rest of the group ordered. All in all, we had a wonderful time, eating, drinking a good Rivera del Duero, and chatting with the waiters -- so give this traditional looking restaurant a try!

1  Thank Dorisit
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I have dined in this restaurant before and would have agreed with the positive reviews here...before tonight. Where to start? The appetizer, grilled vegetables, was overdone and barely passable. The waiter snatched my bread away (that I had barely touched) after the appetizer without asking and before I could say "Don't". I swallowed all this in anticipation of the highlight of the dinner - cochinillo asado (roasted suckling pig) which is supposedly one of their specialties. Well... this was the big disappointment of the night: it was a small, thin piece of a rib cage that was way overcooked. The skin that should be crispy was totally burned, a third of it was black and I had to cut it out and leave it on the plate. I have eaten cochinillo quite a few times in Spain and this was without any qualification the worst. The good ambience could not make up for the taste of soot in my mouth.
I am willing to assume it was all due to the fact it was Saturday night and they were busy, but am not willing to test this assumption by going there again. So will stay away.

1  Thank geostoder