“Delicious”

Yerbabuena
Ranked #340 of 10,522 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$26 - US$33
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centro
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

With so much meat in Spain we thought that it might be out of the question to find great vegetarian food in Madrid. Yerbabuena was a wonderful meal, enjoyed by us vegetarians and meat-eaters equally. Enjoy this treat of a restaurant!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I so wanted this to be the best of all the restaurants we visited but I don't think I will go again. Being with meat eaters means being accommodating and so after a boring egg dish on the first night in madrid and making do with a dish of vegetables in a very traditional madrid restaurant on the second I was hoping to impress my companions with my choice.
To be fair the starter of nachos and two of the choices of main were good but both of the other main dishes we chose contained huge slabs of tasteless soy sausage and were just a joke!
I have been a vegetarian for 35 years, I don't eat quorn and I have no trouble finding tasty great textured vegetarian sausages.
Ok so now to the horror story of the night! Just as we were finishing the main course I spotted a large black cockroach scuttling across the floor and under the next table. I was flummoxed as to what to do as I didn't want my choice of vegetarian restaurant to be an awful disaster. Then as a look of horror crossed my friends face I realised the insect was climbing the wall behind me and then it dropped into the plant pot.
I couldn't wait to leave and said nothing as I didn't want to upset other guests but I feel that the owners need to know so they can do something about the two issues I have raised. Then this place I am sure will be as good for all and not just some guests. I hope so!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous place to eat”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit. Really nice friendly atmosphere. Lots of choices on the menu and the food is excellent.

Figueira da Foz, Portugal
“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN MADRID”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This reaturant was probably my favourite thing in Madrid. It was AMAZING! I loved every single thing I ate. The food had lots of flavour and was very well cooked. No matter if you are vegan, vegetarian or even if you eat meat. You will love it I promise you.
I want to go back to Madrid just to eat there again!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ivansimao
“Best vegan meal ever.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This was so good that I can't even describe. I think everyone should try this restaurant. For those who aren't vegan it's a proof that you can eat a delicious meal without animal cruelty. For those who are vegan and worry about what you eat, it's a place where you can enjoy yourself because overall we are what we eat. The menus have great combinations of meals and a great price. It includes two dishes, one dessert, a drink and a tea. Everything it's delicious, the dishes are beautifully prepared and the staff is nice and friendly. Don't miss this place when you visit Madrid! :)

2 Thank Joana D