“Nice experience”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barrio Salamanca
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stopped at the Teatriz for tapas. For that, and being alone, this was the perfect place. Relax and not too noisy. The personnel is really very nice, every single person is warm and smiley. I really wanted to like the place! But the food arrived and it was not so good. I ordered the patatas bravas and the morcilla. Not so great. However, I will give it another try since it is such a nice place with so wonderful people. Then, this is a mixed review!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This converted theater makes for a wonderful eating venue. Now they added a ceviche bar on the stage and it complements he rest of the items on the menue. Service is phenomenal and the pricing of both the food and the wine are very fair for the quality you get. We visit Madrid every year and the place has no ups or downs. Always consistently good, not to speak of the wonderful neighborhood "barrio Salamanca"

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a co-worker. It is one of the current buzz dinner locations of Madrid. It is an old theatre, the structure of which is still visible, wonderfully redecorated by Philippe Starck. We had made reservations for Enscenario, the tapas area. We were served by Luis, who did a great job in hospitality and advising us on what to choose from the menu. Especially the tuna was perfect, including the matching wine. Compliments to his female collague behind the counter preparing the food! Compared to Amsterdam restaurants, this was definitely a very good experience for all senses, probably because all aspects of our visit just blended so well together. And honestly, as opposed to the rest of the local area (Salamanca, luxury shopping area) the bill was really not as high end as we'd expected/feared it to be. Of course, many places in Madrid offer cheaper dishes, but not for this value. I thank my co-worker for this recommendation, and happily recommend it to you as well!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I had a wonderful memory of that restaurant so i decided to invite my son for his birthday in that restaurant ,
There was nothing astonishing on the menu , my son took an hamburger , which at the end was mince meat , no bread , very salty , i chose the cod fish , not cooked enough and again very salty and hardly any vegetables , I told the waiter that it was not cooked enough and very salty ,They took it back and brought it back better cooked but still very salty ,At the end i left it which i had very seldom did not to say never, There was no compensation , not even a chocolate with my coffee . Design is just not enough for that price !!! i could not even say that i got a nice service !!!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We visited because another restaurant was full. We got a table at the traditional part of the restaurant, although we could have also chosen the Asian part of the restaurant. The setting of the place is beautiful and unique - a former theater transformed into a restaurant. Acoustics are great, and even with some people in the room we were enjoying the quietness of a cosy restaurant. We tried the steak tartar, the burger with special spanish meat and sirloin . Food was good but not great, portions were small, and happily we had had some snacks before the meal.
It is a bit overpriced for what it offers - 25€ a person. This for a meal with No wine,no starters 1 dessert...