“A Lovely Villa which delivered all that what...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Caballaonce

The villa is for ALL year round use. Fully tiled anti slip tiled patio. Heat spa and pool options
Welcome!! Beinvenido!! Willkommen!! Welkom!! Benvenuto!! Accueil!! Karsilam!! Hosgeldiniz!! Completed Feb 2104, new private swimming pool with invigorating integrated spa for up to 8 people
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Heated hot tub, with pool cascade. Sit outside, relax, watch the stars by night in the private spa
New 2014 Private pool with own spa for the ultimate relaxing break, all year round!!
Large lounge, digital tv, ipod/radio payer, DVD and Wii playstation
Free Wifi, Satellite TV, Wii game station, DVD player, idoc, Radio, Aircon & full central heatin
Watch the sun go down on the upper terrace.
Just 10 minutes from San Javier airport. A home in the sun!
Master bedroom with fitted twin wardrobes and bedside drawers and lights
Master bedroom en-suite
Bedroom two has two single beds that come together to make a double. Fitted wardrobes and drawers
Family bathroom. Bath and shower, wc, basin and bidets.
Spacious fully fitted kitchen, fully loaded with all the essential needed appliances.
Extendable dining table and four chairs
Turret to upstairs sun terrace. Accessed directly from the villa hallway, security gated for privacy
Safe community pools and play areas close to the villa, free use for our guests.
Guests also have access to the large community pools using the in house wrist bands
Jack Nicklaus signature golf course.
The local beaches are 10 minutes away on the coast of San Javier overlooking the coast of La Manga
Superb Golf course and fully stocked pro shop. A short stroll from the villa
Practice your tennis on the La Torre resorts tennis courts
Why not treat the kids to a full day at Vera water park. Various water slides. Fast, slow and kids
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Ups and Downs!”
Reviewed 19 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

After viewing the advert on TripAdvisor, Caballaonce looked like the perfect place to have the best of both worlds - rest and relaxation in a private villa with it's own pool but the option of atmosphere and eating out if desired.

Unfortunately Caballaonce and the Torre Golf Resort are not quite what they seem!

Prior to departure we liaised with Annie about directions and key collection and were offered a 'meet & greet' for 150 euros. I politely declined this as we like to fend for ourselves and felt it was a little overpriced. On arrival, Annie kindly allowed us to collect the keys at midday which was great and we were instructed to 'leave them in the villa when we go along with our 70 euros cleaning money'

On arrival at the villa it all appeared well on the surface, however once we started to have a good look round things were not quite as I would have expected. The villa wasn't particularly clean although I accept we all have different standards but the soft furnishings i.e throws on the beds and sofa were stained as were the cushions for the furniture on the Solarium - then came the next issue. Our hearts sank as we ventured upstairs. The Solarium was not as depicted in the photographs, it was very dusty and didn't look like it had been cleaned for a while, there were cigarette ends on the floor, the furniture was badly damaged with holes in the seats rendering them unusable in addition to a broken parasol just disguarded on the floor - it happened to be the one with the LED lights which looked so pretty in the photos!

Next came the pool area. The pool itself is lovely and the Jacuzzi feature is superb. There were 2 solid sun loungers and 2 folding, one of which was ripped and unusable. The table and chairs were a little weathered and there was a small parasol over the table - no lights though. There was a small BBQ which although adequate for our needs was filthy and full of old ash which meant a good clean was required before we could use it - not a good first impression.

The kitchen is reasonably equipped although some of the glasses and crockery were chipped and unusable.

The villa has free WiFi which is a great bonus. The TV has a range of channels including English channels - we had to buy batteries for the remotes as they did not work. The air-conditioning in both bedrooms and lounge was lovely at night. There is a safe in the master bedroom which we unfortunately couldn't use as the door was left closed - presumably by the previous occupant.

Having unpacked we then went to explore the resort. There is a small supermarket which is very well stocked and reasonably priced. The rest of the resort unfortunately resembles a ghost town. We were looking forward to using the 'many restaurants and bars' and the 'modern luxury hotel' on site for food, drinks and leisure during our stay however, the hotel had obviously been closed down for some time and here was just the Italian restaurant - very average food, the Irish bar - not our scene, a Tapas café - never anyone in there or the Golf Club - nice for pre-dinner drinks. Although a little disappointing we were happy enough to cook at the villa and enjoy a glass of wine without having to think about driving anywhere but if you are looking for night life and atmosphere then this is not the resort for you. I notice that there is no longer any mention of the hotel or facilities in the advert.

On our first morning we opened the lounge shutters to find 6 cats sitting on the patio furniture which we quickly shooed away - we are both allergic! 10 minutes later with backs turned they were actually in the villa and were making themselves at home on the sofa which explained the cat hair on the cushions and on the beds. We later learnt from a man from the 'cats protection league' that the residents feed and look after the feral cats in order to control vermin and they were using the side of the villa as a feeding station. We asked that this be removed when he informed us that the previous guests had allowed the cats in to the villa during their stay. The cats continued to be a pest throughout our stay.

By this time I thought it only fair to inform the owners of the issues that were within their control and give them the opportunity to put things right rather than waiting until we got home and writing a bad review so I emailed outlining the problems and sent some photographs of the damaged items whilst asking for confirmation that I had in fact already paid the 70 euros cleaning fee when I booked. Ken responded to my email very quickly offering apologies and confirming that I did not need to leave any money for cleaning. He signed off saying that he would be contacting Annie immediately and would be in touch soon. We heard no more from him! I am still not sure whether the cleaning money was a genuine misunderstanding or whether we were being duped.

Although I can't say that these issues ruined our holiday, it really was very disappointing that no effort was made to try and rectify things. It was such a shame to not be able to use the solarium to its full potential - we did stand and have a coffee watching the beautiful sunrise and returned to stand with a glass of wine at sunset but it would have been a lovely place to relax.

To add insult to injury we then had to chase the owners for our security deposit back nearly 4 weeks after we returned home.

With a little more attention to detail this could be a lovely villa.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: great weather, lovely pool and fabulous beaches a short drive away
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Nov 2014
Its always best to demonstrate a little maturity in such instances. As people really do love to exaggerate things. Having invested over £70k to rent to HL customers this year, its disapointing when previous guests damage the property, even more so when it is failed to be reported to me so action can taken. Following the glowing report... I flew out to investigate. Actually a nearby neighbours cat hat 2 kittens, a previous sensitive guest purchased treats and played daily, and named them....Not ideal I know, but kind hearted, and thats life I'm afraid. Now the kittens have a home, who knows they may pop back to say hi? Sorry for that. We purchased another complete set of upstairs patio furniture for 700 euros, but didn't deduct anything from their damage deposit. Yes October is not the busiest month for festivals, but most our guests, new and returning clients want a peaceful and relaxing time. A simple short drive to San Javier, Torre Pacheco or Roldan can liven things up if required. Oh, by the way, damage deposit is auto returned by HL, unless they are advised of any breakages. Any cleaning is quoted and paid for on your HL quote, this has been reiterated. Our key holder is wonderful, Annie has a wealth of local knowledge, and if our guests want, can be taken to various beautiful sites. Btw, July and August are now fully booked from our returning guests.
Jacquelin...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Villa which delivered all that what promised”
Reviewed 10 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Our stay at Caballaonce was all that we had hoped for.

We were looking for a relaxed sun filled break, with golf on the side !

As advetised the villa was a real home from home and having stayed in some extremely impressive accomodation in the past , our bar was set high. Annie the lady who greeted us was lovely an unlike previous stays in villas her presence was not intrusive, she was there if you needed her and refreshingly absent if you didn't.

I travelled with my sister and her 2 teenage daughters while I went with my teenage son. The Villa more than met our requirements . The hot tub was great although mid August we only managed a 5 minute stint as the temperature of a day and evening meant we couldn't manage more than that. I would imagine in cooler months this would be a real winner and the focal point of lazy relaxed evenings at home.

We had some lovely meals out at local restaurants and due to the well stocked kitchen and outside barbeque we actually ate at home a couple of evenings.

Being the mother of a teenage son who is a category 1 golfer the golf experience was imperative. He was not dissappointed and I could not believe how reasonable the rates were with Kens discount. (under 18's 26 Euro's) you couldn't match that home for a decent course and the courses at La Torre are fantastic !

There are also great practice areas such as driving range and putting greens, all free of charge !

Having had time to reflect on the overall experience I would not hesitate to reccommend this lovely villa to others. My sister and I have discussed our next years holiday and fully intend to re visit Caballaonce.

Liked best: The Villa & it being a real home from home
Liked least: Getting lost coming home from the water park !
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers
19 Sep 2014
Another brilliant guest. Thank you for staying at Caballaone. We invested heavily in the villa with our spa hot tub and a new pool with heated option so our guests can relaxin Spain all year round.
Twins2222
“False/fake advertising”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

When we was searching for a holiday we come across this villa it had all we needed for a complete package.

I do play golf however this was to be a family holiday - myself, wife and 3 1/2 yr old twins so the entertainment as advertised at the hotel was paramount to our decision making.

Kids club being the main feature. The hotel closed sept 2013 but dear ken still has now probably had listed in his advert.

Another clincher in my decision to give this man nearly 3k of my money was the added bonus of two sets of golf clubs being ready to use at the villa - I'm afraid another lie was advertised.

It took dear ken one week to reply to my email that I sent to a few different addresses I got for him.

His reply was sorry for the delay in answering but the previous guest left the outside and some of the clubs were stolen and the remaining clubs have been put into storage.

I sent dear ken other emails but am still waiting replies.

Very annoyed and will be taking this further

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Sep 2014
Our villa, hot spa and pool is probably the best in the area. Our key holder is fantastic and offers a wide range of services from airport collections, days out, plus a huge local where to go knowledge. In order to keep our villa the best, and in perfect order for our other clients, most of them repeat guests, subsequent damages have to be paid for, hence the poor inaccurate review. We are backed up by a superb team at Holiday Lettings. Yes due to the Spanish recession the local hotel is temporary closed. Not sure why you would need to use the hotel? Our guests get our residents discount from the golf club and relatively cheap hire of clubs if needed. We often let our own clubs be used, but lost clubs become expensive to us.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

13 Jun 2014
A superb review, thank you very much. We look forward to our guests re booking and holidaying at our villa again later in the year
AndyTBoot...
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Our best villa holiday yet - and we've stayed at many!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

This was our 4th villa holiday to Costa Calida, and as usual for us, it was a fairly last minute booking as we rarely get the luxury of booking years/months in advance due to my work requirements. We did our usual process of selecting travel dates in HolidayLettings website, which returned thousands of available accommodation results, of which the number quickly reduced once our usual criteria requirements were selected:
- Air-conditioning: This was independently in both bedrooms and the lounge which isn't always the case!
- Pool: This can often be a shared communal pool!
- Private pool: This can often be a private shared communal pool!
- Heated pool: This can have many different interpretations, see below!!
- Jacuzzi: This can sometimes mean a hot-tub which is fine, or shared Jacuzzi or even a Jacuzzi bath, which is not fine!
And for the first time:
- Wi-Fi: This can sometimes mean it’s available, but could be chargeable; however at Caballaonce it was private and free!
At this point, only 5 villa results remained with Caballaonce standing out from the rest for various reasons: Costa Calida location; Reasonable cost to stay and the NEW heated pool & Jacuzzi looking so inviting from the pictures! :-)
I'm quite fussy about heated pools & Jacuzzi’s as 'heated' can mean various different things to different people as we've found out when renting a villa in Florida (25 degrees was considered heated!), El Valle, Costa Calida (solar heated which wasn't working! + solar covers) and La Torre, Costa Calida (both the pool and Jacuzzi were heated by the same heat exchanger) - I was pleased following a pleasant conversation with Ken (the owner) that he appears to be as fussy as myself and had only invested in the best equipment to be able to heat the pool and Jacuzzi independently of each other. This meant either or both could be heated via their own heaters, and both could have specific temperatures selected, not just a temperature shared between the two which saps the ability for the Jacuzzi to reach its maximum temp for those night time bubble/steam pictures! With this confirmed all was good, and thankfully Ken's patience didn’t wear thin when my work almost caused me to be unable to book, but we managed to get the go ahead and booking was quick and easy! :-)
We flew into Alicante and picked up a pre-hired car then headed down to La Torre, which is approximately 1 hour's drive away and an easy 3 turns from the airport via the A7, AP7 and then RM-19/C-3319. You can avoid the AP7 Toll costs (about £5 max) by heading via Murcia, but the AP7 is similar to the M6 Toll: smooth and empty so we always use this :-)
After receiving Ken's text advising us to pick up the keys from Annie the key holder/cleaner (who also lives on La Torre), we headed straight for Caballonce which is conveniently located about a 5 minute walk from the supermarket and a 5 minute walk to the clubhouse (unlike some of the accommodation which is located at the bottom end of the resort where a car is essential!) and my first instinct was to check the pool/Jacuzzi - which were at 28 degrees :-( Thankfully a quick conversation with Ken (via Apple iMessage over the free Wi-Fi so no roaming costs! :-) led us to realise that it was simply a case of an electrical trip switch which had tripped, and a quick visit from Rick the pool cleaner meant both were heating again! :-) Thankfully Ken & Rick were happy for me to have access to the heating equipment where some of the trip switches are located, and this meant throughout the whole 2 weeks I was able to make various changes which suited the family i.e. on some days we were able to turn the Jacuzzi temperature down, as little use meant it simply got too hot, and trust me when I say, too hot i.e. at one point the water temperature was 48 degrees due to not being used for a day, constantly heated at 40, solar cover kept on and the sun drenching it in extra heat (as the rear of the villa is South West facing - even better than South facing as you get the evening sun!). This temp would be amazing during the evening of course, but too hot during the day, so we would knock it down to 32. Likewise, some days even the pool almost felt too hot, reaching 35 degrees due to a special 'waterfall' filtration option added to the Jacuzzi, which means the pool filtration can be set to pump via the Jacuzzi instead, helping to cool the Jacuzzi down while filling it up, causing it to overflow into the pool. Marvellous - a Jacuzzi and pool that can be classed as 'too hot' by someone who only likes them hot! ;-) The Jacuzzi also has 2 different air jet options installed to allow bubbles to massage your back from blasting or spining outlets, or from underneath to create that typical jacuzzi feel and generate lets of steam for those night time pics! :-) And then to top it off, the water is treated with salt rather than harsh chlorine/bromine which is much better for the skin without the irritations! :-)
The villa itself is clean and tidy with all the standard amenities to make it a home from home, with the added luxury of a flat screen TV and UK TV programmes, free Wi-Fi with a router that’s powerful enough to cover the entire villa including the external solarium roof area, and nice comfy beds, sofas and dining chairs. There's an outside table that seats 6 with a parasol that has some built in LED’s for evening dining, and on the solarium there’s rattan furniture to seat 4 with cushions and space for several sun loungers if wanting some peace and quiet away from the kids enjoying the pool! ;-)
The weather was fantastic 13 days out of 15 (2 days were cloudy) which is where the heated pool/Jacuzzi/Wi-Fi really came into their own on the cloudy days; and we wanted for nothing within the villa with Ken/Annie always available for any queries.
We had such a great time that we've already enquired about returning which is unlike us so far in advance! And we can already see that Caballaonce’s availability is filling up no doubt due to the pool, Jacuzzi, Wi-Fi and reasonable costs! :-) Ken mentioned he already has plans to replace some of the furniture with more luxurious items making this experience an even better one, so no doubt it won’t be long before it’s completely booked up! In fact, what am I doing with this review singing its praises? Don’t listen to me, the villa is terrible; please don’t book it so that it’s free for us to book again! ;-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The best heated Jacuzzi & pool we've ever experienced!
Liked least: The 2 days of cloud which is out of the owners control! ;-)
Travelling group: Young Children
13 Jun 2014
Having such a fantastic comment from a guest is very pleasing indeed. We try our best to make sure our guests have everything they need to have a lovely holiday.
ashmoretw
“Best hot tub ever”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

We had a very enjoyable stay. The villa was clean and had all the appliances like at home. The golf course and club house were fantastic. The villa has a brilliant brand new swimming pool and inter grated spa hot tub, with full heating options as an upgrade. So we will be back to us it in the winter. Thoroughly recommend it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
7 Apr 2014
The new investment of the pool and spa hot tub, that can both be super heated (options), has certainly made our customers very happy!! Its now has the added benefit of making our villa open to all year round rental holidays.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Everything was new
Liked least: We enjoyed all
14 Sep 2013
Many thanks to our guests. We hope you have many happy holiday memories, and visit us again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing