“Really good dinner”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Menu with wide selection, superb food, friendly service, good value for money, nice atmosphere (we ate outside by the water pond). Overall: really good dinner.

1  Thank Deyw

Reviewed 3 September 2013

First time I got into "A la Brasa" I thought it was going to be a normal restaurant that I will not come back. For dinner I had a hamburger and it was just fantastic. I think the trick for this delicious meal was the oven and the quality of the meat since I could feel the smoke coming from the inside. I strongly recommend it to go with friends or couple as it is one of my favourites restaurants in Cartagena.

2  Thank J B
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Didn't realise that salads come in two sizes, medium and large. Sadly, the waitress didn't ask which I wanted so I ended up with the default large one with large price. Apart from this the service was good and the quality of food was also good. Well worth a visit but watch out for the different sizes.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We looked for a restaurant that would deliver great food for a reasonable price in Cartagena. Another significant factor was a restaurant that served an evening meal from 7pm since our young daughter needed to be in bed at a reasonable hour. This restaurant delivered what we'd hoped for and more: the waiter was very friendly and it was located next to a small park with slides etc!

Only one minor negative - no baby changing facilities.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Worth finding this quiet, beautifully lit outside restaurant for a little calm amongst the city buzz. There are a couple of other bars around this old battery, to give a local vibe rather than on the tourist trail.

No English speakers have reviewed this restaurant and, although we do speak Spanish (we live in Spain), the waiter enjoyed speaking English.

We enjoyed 2 perfectly cooked steaks (including a delicious Angus fillet) and a delicious red wine recommended by the waiter (which was an incredible bargain at only €12).

The total bill was €68 for bread, shared starter, 2 fillet steaks, water, wine, coffees.