All reviews train station tapas three star free parking city hotel good size stay there again ideal location excellent value main sites small charge received an email room and en suite staff were all very helpful plenty of hot water busy road no tea coffee making facilities
Reviewed 1 October 2018

This has been my second stay at Los Habaneros this year and I am very happy with my hotel choice again. It is very close to the historical part of Cartagena, to the Polytechnic University and to the harbor, so great location. It has delicious breakfast options and a professional, friendly and helpful staff 24h. For example I didn't have a fridge in my single room and they managed to help me. I was very impressed with their attitude and efficiency. They didn't have to. The rooms didn't contain one by default. It was extra just because they do their best to ensure you have a great stay. The price is also very good. My next stay in Cartagena is going to be again there for sure.

Room Tip: Double rooms have fridge
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Having never been to Cartagena before, we chose to stay at Los Habaneros, a decision which proved a very good one. It's location is close to the rail and bus terminals and about 10 minutes walk from just about anywhere in the town. From the word go the management couldn't have been more helpful, arranging a specific room location to arranging for us to be picked up from the airport. Upon arrival we found all the other staff to be cheerful and helpful and between my limited Spanish and their limited English we got along very well. Bearing in mind the 3 star rating, the hotel offers a range of facilities and for us, the restaurant and bar/cafeteria offered an excellent standard of food. It may have been our first visit but now we look forward to more.

Room Tip: Book on the hotel's own web site contact the reservations for their help.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

As others have said very easy to find and great location for sight seeing. Staff very friendly, clean room and comfortable bed, yes it could do with upgrading but we found the room fine for our four night stay and would definitely go back to this hotel. Had one breakfast quite a lot to choose from 9euros which I think is pretty standard pricing, we enjoyed going to the Spanish cafe just down the road and having coffee and toastas which at 4 euros for two people was I think a bargain and in a very friendly atmosphere Typically Spanish which is why we came to this lovely city.

Room Tip: We had room 126 which has a small balcony and at the front. Nice and bright
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

1) I booked a "double room for single use, with balcony/terrace". Upon check-in receptionist informs me I must have booked another room because this room doesn't exist. Despite showing him evidence (Agoda confirmation and room type screen shot as sold on Agoda), receptionist insists that the mistakes comes from me?!!! And is very unfriendly on top of that. I insist he checks on Agoda. His reply: it is Agoda's mistake, I can only assign a Twin room with no view (indeed, see the picture). I am not happy given the fact that I selected this room type on purpose and don't get a discount for that lower category.

2) I selected the hotel because of the mention "free parking on site available".
Receptionist explains that it is reserved only for direct bookers and asked me why I booked on Agoda??? Nice welcome again. No parking.

3) the entire discussion is handled very poorly. The receptionist displays his bad will intentionally. I give up and ask for the Duty Manager. He replies "I don't understand what you mean". I don't receive wifi code neither because he "forgot" given our "lengthy" discussion. I insist that I am frustrated being charged full price for a sub-par service and product. I finally receive a complimentary breakfast.

4) my discussion with the senior manager the following morning is even worse. He keeps repeating that the mistake is not from the hotel side and I should be happy with the breakfast compensation. I still insist that I am very upset. And the unthinkable happens. I already made my check-out and he shouts that I should leave his hotel now, otherwise he calls the police ?!! I have not even had the free breakfast yet.
I wonder if I should ask the 2 couples who witnessed the scene whether they could testify that he just lost his temper. I gave up and preferred not to waste my time anymore. I enjoyed my breakfast outside of the hotel at a friendly place and kept in mind to write a review one day.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2018

This hotel was easy to find which I always feel is a bonus when travelling! There is a small car park and the hotel makes a small charge for this but I would imagine in busy times it would be best to book a space when booking your room if you can. We were lucky and got a space easily. The main sites are just a small walk away through the narrow streets of the older part of the city. It was a bit run down and I'm not sure I'd fancy spending much time there at night! The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was fine but needed a bit of updating. We didn't book breakfast but discovered that the hotel restaurant serves a continental one on the outside terrace for just €4.50, a bargain!

Stayed: September 2018