“Good location”

Tryp Hotel Rincon de Pepe
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Murcia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A fully satisfying stay -- the hotel is clean, the staff is helpful and efficient. The internet access is doled out in 24-hour portions, so if you are staying longer than a single day, you have to ask for new codes every day. The breakfast spread is good, and it was refreshing to see the variety of fruit offered. The hotel is very centrally located, so you can get some street noise on weekends, quite late into the night. Not cheap, but on the whole worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TwostarLondon

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I was staying here as I had business in the area. Check in was very efficient, and my room was on the 4th floor. The room was very spacious, clean and modern. The hotel is right in the centre of Murcia, and only yards away from the amazing cathedral, definitely worth a look. Breakfast was fabulous, so much fresh fruit, local pastries and the best cappuccino. Will definitely go back again, it is the best hotel I have stayed in around Murcia.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Very good hotel, I was there a few moths ago and I enjoyed my stay. Very well located, right in the center, perfect to visit the city. It is not very expesive for what they offer, the staff is very polite and helpful, the kindly answer all my questions about the city. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank vicks m
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel is billed in the rough guide as the best hotel in Murcia , well if that is so i wouldn't like to go to the other hotels there !!
We stayed one night on our way to Granada and choose an NH hotel because we like this chain , i can only say we were felt very let down by the whole experience .The bathroom floor was dirty and the balcony area had not been cleaned for days . The staff apart from the young guy who sorted out the parking had poor English and seemed lackluster .
the worst was the breakfeast which was way below what we had previously enjoyed in NH hotels.
The hot food was stewed and the general choice was poor ,we couldn't even get a decent piece of toast !!
Altogether Poor

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was our second visit to the hotel and once again we received a very friendly welcome from the front desk staff. The room was large and very clean. The highlight of our visit was Dinner in the hotels restaurant. We were looked after personally by Alfonso the Maitre'd and I have to say that he did go above and beyond for us. His knowlege on local produce is second to none (we will never forget the local wine he recommended it was fantastic) I have to say as a Chef with nearly forty years experience in the industry that 'these guys know their food'.
We will certainly return to the Rincon De Pepe on our next visit to spain the staff are very friendly and we already know where we will be dinning!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caliprano
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have stopped staying in NH hotels if I can. On this occasion I was a speaker at a meeting and all the participants stayed in this hotel. The location is perfect, the complimentary bottle of water on arrival was a nice touch, the room was large and although the bed was on wheels as in other NH hotels, I was almost ready to change my opinion of this chain. But the room on the 2nd florr was very dark and the distance between its window and the window of the other building in front was so small that I could see people working in those offices.Closing the curtain was the only option but the light in the room was bad and I could not work properly. The only free wi fi is in the lobby which somedays was full of Spanish families with lots of noisy children running around.Another bad detail was that there was no full or any mirror in the room. The only mirror was in the bathroom on top of the basin. Male staff are very abrupt and they never smile. But the location near the historical centre was very good for sightseeing. Breakfast was good although there is no wholewheat bread. Restaurant was also very good with fresh fish and nice staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank IsabelTM
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night. The price for the room was good and the beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The free bottle of water was a nice touch. The shower did not adjust very well and went from hot to cold for no reason and we discovered when we got back to the hotel late that the air conditioning in the room did not work and it was extremely hot in the room. I much prefer the Silken Siete Coronas in Murcia.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends