We were very happy with our stay at the hotel. We found all the staff very friendly and nice, in particular the reception staff who were excellent and very attentive. We had an early check in but our room wasn't ready upon arrival (it was being cleaned) so the lady on reception very kindly offered us complimentary breakfast and tea/coffee. We had a lovely room with a big balcony, we were surprised how big the balcony was, with 2 sunbeds, a table & chairs, awning and plants, this had lovely views of the city and church which were particularly impressive in the evening/dusk. The bed was huge, 6 or 7 feet across, very comfortable with lots of pillows, there was also a sofa bed and chairs. The bathroom was very nice, big with bath and seperate walk in shower, incorporated into the bathroom was a dressing area which we felt was a nice touch. There was also a complimentary cocktail included, bottles of water in the room (replenished each day free of charge) and some bonbons too. There room itself was clean and smartly decorated, we were impressed. The room had aircon which was sufficient considering we were in the August heatwave...
We found the breakfast buffet to be very good, attentive staff and a small cosy restaurant, as was the hotel in general, small but it had a real warmth and friendlyness about it. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of food such as scrambled/fried eggs, fried tomatoes, spanish omlette, toast, cereals, fruit, ham and cheeses, tea, coffee, fruit juices.
Location wise, the hotel was easy to find in the centre of Murcia, within 5 minutes walk of the cathedral and myriad of churches, the cathedral was spectacular, absolutely enomous in scale with beautiful architecture. The bull ring within 10 minutes and a bustling main shopping street within 5 minutes walk. We found a Dominos pizza at the end of the road which has a fantastic deal of 6.50€ per person including unlimited pizza and soft drinks which we thought was a great deal.
The bathroom had some tiny ants which were around the sink each day, not a big issue but not ideal. The water was also very slow to drain from the sink, maybe there was a blockage..The water pressure in the walk in shower was also quite slow. On the terrace we felt the wall needed painting as it looked tired compared to the room. There was also a sewery smell in the reception area which was quite pungent. Not massive things, but would be nicer if they were corrected.
In conclusion, we were very happy with the hotel and will certainly try to come back again in the future.
Daniel & Kelly :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conde de Floridablanca is located in the city centre of Murcia, next to the Floridablanca Garden and near such emblematic places as the Cathedral the historic centre, the auditorium and the Congress Hall. The hotel, renovated and opened in 2002, has 82 rooms distributed on 6 floors. Every room has a view. It also offers parking facilities, free wifi, fitness facilities, conference and meeting rooms as well as a cafe and a restaurant with international and Murcian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Conde de Floridablanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Conde De Floridablanca Hotel Murcia
- Catalonia Conde De Floridablanca Murcia