“Its beautiful here”

Restaurante Salzillo
Ranked #3 of 886 Restaurants in Murcia
Price range: US$29 - US$71
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed. It will reopen in August 27, 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2013

love the statues and the history of Murcia. Remarkable, and worth the 5 euros to visit. I didn't take the tour i wandered around alone and met one of the men who worked there,who explained how the costumes were taken care of. I brought home a big purple book of the history of Salzillo, and I cherish it :)

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were in Murcia this Sept for the bullfights. We found this place close to the bullring for a drink and a tapa.

Once in there the owners son Antonio came over and was delightful. We sat at the tapas bar and he kept bringing us things we never ordered but he wanted us to try them. All was fabulous! The service is exceptional at this very busy restaurant.

You should sit at the bar, its far more fun than a table

We went there 5 times, one time just for a coffee late afternoon and they just said its on the house!..from one boss to the other.

Antonio the son of the owner is just a wonderful person with personal touches and the other assistants are also very attentive.

We ate great food there in the evenings. It was interesting as we kind of looked at the menu, but they would just say what do you like. Then they would come up with amazing dishes. They also always threw in something special they had to try

Everything is so fresh and prepared right before you have the plate before you. We ate nothing there that was average.

On our last night they even gave us a bottle of the wonderful oil they use and Antonio said do you like eggs? Keep in mind, we had already eaten. Then he brought out this masterpiece which is the pics of a poached egg in a mushroom sauce with finely minced truffles with olive oil I was so good it was difficult to put into words. best I could say is heavenly and so inventive and so simple. There are some things worth eating in your life and this was one

I cannot wait for my brother to come from England to dine with me here

I have enclosed pictures I took please review

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Located just a couple of minutes walk from the Rincon De Pepe hotel, from the outside you would not anticipate the delights which lie within.This was the third time I've been here the previous occasions were some time ago.

I have a couple of colleagues who hale from Murcia and it was their suggestion to head here. As this was their "patch" they ordered a myriad of dishes to share. Faboulous fresh food in ample portions. Not the cheapest option in the city but one of the best.

3  Thank mobile_mackem
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I have been there many times ... and any time was a more "delicious" surprise to me ....
the daily menu is outstanding and extremely cheap !!! but sitting on a huge round table in the restaurant is the best choice ever !
I strongly recommend to ask Pili what she suggests ! you will never be disappointed !
Enjoy your meal, your huge and delicious salad, the jamon the pata negra cut as they only know ... the fresh fish and the delicious salomillo ... with very good wine! my mouth is watering :)
I strongly recommend this restaurant both for a quick lunch while visiting the city at the bar (barras) , or in the evening for a very relaxing and romantic dinner !

3  Thank ursulapola
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Fabulous food, great atmosphere and helpful staff. Had one of our best meals ever in here. Be brave and ask for some recommendations, you will not be disappointed if you dine here.

1  Thank MrsJonesManchester