“Murcia on a plate.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Salzillo

Restaurante Salzillo
Ranked #4 of 803 Restaurants in Murcia
Price range: US$27 - US$65
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,270 helpful votes
“Murcia on a plate.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I had been in Murcia for a few days and having collected my colleague from the airport,.We made our way back to the city. Once he had unpacked his toothbrush, we meandered down the street to Salzillo. This was the venue for our meeting with a supplier we have in the region. He lives nearby and takes no time to promote the local wares.

Dinner, sorry the meeting, was at 10.00, we were seated promptly, no menus, our host set about with some vigour ordering the finest of sharing plates. He then asked his usual meat or fish question, we were then up and running.

The business part of the dinner was concluded within 5 minutes of the food having been ordered. We sat and ate our way through wonderful plate after wonderful plate. Then a hunk of meat arrived, I have obviously misunderstood the plan I thought we were sharing. There was one for each of us!!! The chat continued as did the flow of wine. Just when I thought we were over the waitress appeared laden down with desserts all the plates were placed in the centre of the table, it was help yourself boys. My Spanish colleague has a sweeter tooth than me, which is a feat!!! The look on his face was definitely a "MasterCard" moment. We struggled gamely on. Time was ticking, I had been up since 5 and it was well after midnight, the night broke up shortly afterwards and we eventually headed to our hotel.

Again, the meal was excellent, aided by excellent service.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank mobile_mackem

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami Beach, Florida
“Its beautiful here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

love the statues and the history of Murcia. Remarkable, and worth the 5 euros to visit. I didn't take the tour i wandered around alone and met one of the men who worked there,who explained how the costumes were taken care of. I brought home a big purple book of the history of Salzillo, and I cherish it :)

Visited March 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“The highlight of our stay in Murcia, highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We were in Murcia this Sept for the bullfights. We found this place close to the bullring for a drink and a tapa.

Once in there the owners son Antonio came over and was delightful. We sat at the tapas bar and he kept bringing us things we never ordered but he wanted us to try them. All was fabulous! The service is exceptional at this very busy restaurant.

You should sit at the bar, its far more fun than a table

We went there 5 times, one time just for a coffee late afternoon and they just said its on the house!..from one boss to the other.

Antonio the son of the owner is just a wonderful person with personal touches and the other assistants are also very attentive.

We ate great food there in the evenings. It was interesting as we kind of looked at the menu, but they would just say what do you like. Then they would come up with amazing dishes. They also always threw in something special they had to try

Everything is so fresh and prepared right before you have the plate before you. We ate nothing there that was average.

On our last night they even gave us a bottle of the wonderful oil they use and Antonio said do you like eggs? Keep in mind, we had already eaten. Then he brought out this masterpiece which is the pics of a poached egg in a mushroom sauce with finely minced truffles with olive oil I was so good it was difficult to put into words. best I could say is heavenly and so inventive and so simple. There are some things worth eating in your life and this was one

I cannot wait for my brother to come from England to dine with me here

I have enclosed pictures I took please review

• Visited September 2012
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,270 helpful votes
“Marvellous Murcian munchies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Located just a couple of minutes walk from the Rincon De Pepe hotel, from the outside you would not anticipate the delights which lie within.This was the third time I've been here the previous occasions were some time ago.

I have a couple of colleagues who hale from Murcia and it was their suggestion to head here. As this was their "patch" they ordered a myriad of dishes to share. Faboulous fresh food in ample portions. Not the cheapest option in the city but one of the best.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank mobile_mackem
London, United Kingdom
“The best Restaurant in Murcia !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

I have been there many times ... and any time was a more "delicious" surprise to me ....
the daily menu is outstanding and extremely cheap !!! but sitting on a huge round table in the restaurant is the best choice ever !
I strongly recommend to ask Pili what she suggests ! you will never be disappointed !
Enjoy your meal, your huge and delicious salad, the jamon the pata negra cut as they only know ... the fresh fish and the delicious salomillo ... with very good wine! my mouth is watering :)
I strongly recommend this restaurant both for a quick lunch while visiting the city at the bar (barras) , or in the evening for a very relaxing and romantic dinner !

3 Thank ursulapola