“Wonderful restaurant”

Restaurante Salzillo
Ranked #4 of 826 Restaurants in Murcia
Price range: US$28 - US$67
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We planned a night in Murcia while we were in Spain. We asked the receptionist to recommend a restaurant. Salzillo, It was so brilliant. My husband wanted to try the suckling lamb (for 2 people) and I thought I'd never manage it, but it was so good I was licki!ng the bones! The staff were so helpful and made sure we had a brilliant night. I felt they genuinely wanted us to enjoy Spanish hospitality. Thank you! The street front of the restaurant is deceptive, it hides a great secret. We decided to stay another night but went to a different restaurant... good but not as good as ...... We will go back sometime.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Totana, Spain
“EXCELLENT TRADITIONAL SPANISH FOOD”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

A truely excellent restaurant serving food in the traditional Spanish style.

As it was my birthday we started with a half bottle of Cava, and then we shared three starters, hake in filo pastry, cod fish croquettes and octopus, between the two of us. Each dish was well cooked and well presented, and the dishes were brought to the table one at a time so we had time to enjoy each at its best.

We followed with mains of monk fish stew and grilled John Dory, which again were excellent, and of enormous proportions! We took our time savouring these dishes whilst drinking a very nice bottle of Albariño.

Being too full to even attempt a desert we finished with coffee, and were happily surprised to see that the final bill was under €100. Not a lot to pay for very good food in a comfortable restaurant with excellent service.

Note that the picture shown for this restaurant is in fact a picture of the Salzillo Museum, which is in another part of the city. Don't let the fact that the restaurant looks totally different, and that you enter through a bar put you off!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank modek
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Fantasic food, superb service, lovely atmosphere and given all that tremendous value. Visited with my family for lunch. We all enjoyed each of our three courses and could not agree which was best as we felt they were all fabulous. Grouper meatballs, fish croquettes and salted tuna toasts, followed by monkfish stew, grilled red prawns and baby squid in garlic. Dessert of grandmas cake and cream pastry with hot chocolate sauce. All Devine. Waiting staff very attentive but not intrusive. We chose the house wine at only 12euros a bottle. Wonderful. Bar area at the front for lighter tapas style food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wilma H
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,275 helpful votes
“Murcia on a plate.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I had been in Murcia for a few days and having collected my colleague from the airport,.We made our way back to the city. Once he had unpacked his toothbrush, we meandered down the street to Salzillo. This was the venue for our meeting with a supplier we have in the region. He lives nearby and takes no time to promote the local wares.

Dinner, sorry the meeting, was at 10.00, we were seated promptly, no menus, our host set about with some vigour ordering the finest of sharing plates. He then asked his usual meat or fish question, we were then up and running.

The business part of the dinner was concluded within 5 minutes of the food having been ordered. We sat and ate our way through wonderful plate after wonderful plate. Then a hunk of meat arrived, I have obviously misunderstood the plan I thought we were sharing. There was one for each of us!!! The chat continued as did the flow of wine. Just when I thought we were over the waitress appeared laden down with desserts all the plates were placed in the centre of the table, it was help yourself boys. My Spanish colleague has a sweeter tooth than me, which is a feat!!! The look on his face was definitely a "MasterCard" moment. We struggled gamely on. Time was ticking, I had been up since 5 and it was well after midnight, the night broke up shortly afterwards and we eventually headed to our hotel.

Again, the meal was excellent, aided by excellent service.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank mobile_mackem
Miami Beach, Florida
“Its beautiful here”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

love the statues and the history of Murcia. Remarkable, and worth the 5 euros to visit. I didn't take the tour i wandered around alone and met one of the men who worked there,who explained how the costumes were taken care of. I brought home a big purple book of the history of Salzillo, and I cherish it :)

Visited March 2013