“The best in Murcia”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pequena Taberna

La Pequena Taberna
Ranked #8 of 817 Restaurants in Murcia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Murcia, Spain
“The best in Murcia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came here with my mum when she visited as I'm studying here for the year and I can safely say it was the best total 'dining experience' if you like that I have had in the whole of Spain! We were quickly served and brought an abundance of starters - sobrasada and melba toasts followed by bread and breadsticks. Our starter of artichokes were delicious and then our grilled vegetables came which were also great. I ordered sea bass escalda style, which is the best fish I have ever eaten in a restaurant the only complaint would be that there was quite a lot of oil on the plate which I am usually funny about! My mum got the turbot and salmon and it was incredible. We opted for a 3/8 bottle of wine which was great. We both got black coffees to finish. The waiters were prompt, polite and didn't mind my average-to-poor spanish! The waiter walked past and took our plates, then said something I didn't understand so I just said 'Si" and nodded. Next thing we know we were brought a huge silver platter covered in ice and a few cherries and two gin and tonics on the house! The gin and tonics were equally delicious. The whole meal - wine, starter, vegetables, fish dishes and coffee came to 68 euros. I thought for the quality of the food and service and by how stuffed I was after that this was absolutely great value. 10/10.

• Visited June 2014

Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Went here with local colleagues while on a business trip. The selection of food and presentation is first class. The Iberico ham was amazing! I decided to be brave and order something local that I had never tried before so went for the grilled brains, was not disappointed! Service was first class and if you are looking for a restaurant with a real taste and atmosphere of Spain then I recommend you go here!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, but with dips in service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We ate here 3 times in a week - 1st time dinner - near perfect, excellent food, good service, though they forgot my order for a beer (and forgot to charge for it, so no major problem). 2nd time lunch - excellent - run out of the goat, but steak was perfect and fish was excellent. 3rd time lunch - disaster - waiter gave us wrong wine (ordinary wine instead of the crianza) then argued with us it was a crianza (until we made him get the other bottle, which said crianza on) then argued it was a better bottle (until I showed the menu which only had two options and the non-crianza was cheaper). Mistakes with first course and main course (they took it we wanted only one main course, but didn't check, then just before serving asked if we were sharing, we said no, one each, then a few minutes later somehow magically told us they had sorted the problem - though the portion size looked small). The bill had both portions charged. It was saved by the owner, who listened to our complaints and offer to pay most but not all the bill and said that the service was unacceptable and we had to pay nothing. Not sure how people would have managed if they couldn't speak Spanish though, as I didn't see any example of another language spoken.

• Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful and good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We liked everything about this restaurant, from the beautiful way they used fresh vegetables to make "natures mortes" and decorate the tables, to the great quality food and the professional service. We liked the fact that the place is lively, but not over-loud, and is mostly frequented by local people. A great restaurant, serving traditional spanish food beautifully cooked and presented. We went both nights of our stay in Murcia. Would go back in a flash.

• Visited April 2014
Vlierden, The Netherlands
“You need a local to find this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

By myself I would not have run into this location. But what a nice restaurant it is. The interior design is beuatifull, the open kitchen is very inviting and the exposed fresh seafood, meat and vegetables look yummie. I went for the solomillo as a main which was a very nice peace of meat. the service was impecable as well. And the prices.. very reasonable for what is offered. Would certainly go back

• Visited February 2014