“Disappointed...”

Castillo Gorraiz Hotel Golf & Spa
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Pamplona
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Expected much more based on glowing reviews. Hotel is remote...nothing nearby. No store/gift shop. Restaurant is fair. Service perfunctory. Rooms small...our carpet was dirty/not vacuumed. Shower has the most slippery floor surface I have ever experienced. One hook in bathroom and no towel rack outside the shower available for use. Where would they suggest you put your wet towels? Weird toiletries...plastic pouches.

We had three golfers in our group...(not me) they were not interested in the golf course. No mature trees, wide open...didn't impress them. Didn't check out the spa facilities. We will stay in Pamplona next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank J&S

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We chose this hotel due to my wife's previous experience at the hotel. After a planned drive of 600 kms we decided to book this hotel. We initially booked a separate suite as we have 2 kids. Initially we were told to arrive AFTER 16:30 as it was January 1st and they would have loads of work, which is we didn't mind and... fair enough. Upon arrival we were told that, as it was January 1st, they didn't have time to prepare our room (put the kids' bed in the room) and at the time of our arrival (21:45), it would not be possible. We were put in a lower tier room in the main building and the price was adjusted accordingly because it would be the only way of having the beds put in place. Once we got ourselves installed, we wanted to grab a quick room service bite. The hotel does not have room service and the restaurant closes at 22:00. They were kind enough to make us a few sandwiches with crisps which did fine.

The hotel looks great. It has some great details of architecture and design. The reading lounge is stunning and it's just a great place to spend time in.

Mind you, when we asked to boil water to have the milk done for our little one, not only we had to call twice because they forgot, they charged us 5€ for that service.

All in all, I would not go back to the hotel because the experience was not great; however, the place is great, it has a Spa we did not try and I am of the opinion that if you're a couple, you'll absolutely fall in love with it. It's just that when you have kids, you are wary of the services as a whole.

Did not feel 5* — more like 3,5*

Room Tip: Go for a castle suite if you can!! They're ought to be fantastic!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a great experience. The hotel was very nice and it has wonderful views and facilities. The people of the hotel was extremely nice and made our stay very comfortable. We spent three days there and it seemed short, next time we'll spend more time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while travelling on business. Sadly I didn't have enough time to make use of all the facilities at the hotel however this didn't stop it making a fantastic impression.
The hotel has a beautiful setting up on the hillside overlooking Pamplona. The exterior and interior are both very impressive. I arrived late in the evening but was given a warm welcome at reception.
The restaurant has gorgeous views and the food matches it well. Service was excellent and the extensive drinks menu makes me want to return just for the g&ts!
Room was an excellent size and extremely comfortable bed.
Only wished I could have stayed longer to really make the most of the hotel. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is an amazing place to relax and disconnect from the city. I stayed for 3 nights in the Hotel which is just 10 minutes driving from Pamplona, famous city because of the running of the bulls.It was an amazing and a beautiful hotel, very modern and the staff was lovely. I treated myself going to the spa for a full body massage and I really enjoyed it. The girls were unbelievable, very polite with the guests and professionals. It is the perfect spa to relax yourself and feel fresh. If I can, I'll come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was a great stop, with a comfortable room and free parking. Breakfast very substantial and good quality. My wife used the spa and was alone in there for 2 hours. Her only observation was that there was no hair conditioner and no pool. The golf course personnel were on strike when we visited but I had not planned golf. Staff very helpful in pointing in the right direction to get good tapas in Pamplona although the city was confusing at night. Thursday night tapas and a good quality wine 2,50 euros. Great value. Someone needs to drive though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard187257
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What a great hotel . Definitely 4* Beautiful hotel ,well appointed and really comfortable bed. Restaurant -food excellent.
Used it for a one night stopover on route to southern Spain. Very good value highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple