Hotel Restaurante Europa
Sercotel Leyre(Pamplona)
Hotel Avenida(Pamplona)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main squaregreat locationstayed heresmall elevatorold townbulls runhistoric quarterday's walkpedestrian streetperfect hoteltapas barbull ringrooms are smallhotel staffcamino walkcentral locationnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was probably the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in my entire life. There was literally about a foot or two around the bed and that was it, but guess what, I didn't care! At the time I was desperate for a room and this was all that was available in the old city but I don't think I would have been happier anywhere else. The room was small but nice, I was happy with the bed, the bathroom was clean and functional, the furnishings were modern. My wife and I were travelling for our 1st wedding anniversary, and this was the perfect spot because all we wanted to do was wander the old city, eat pintxos and drink wine. Hotel Europa is perfect for that because you are right in the middle of the action. Enjoy the food and beverages and then wander the 100 meters from the square back to your room. In the morning stumble downstairs and get your cafe con leche sitting outside in the square where Hemingway sat. What a great place!!! Btw, I don't think every room is so tiny as ours was, this hotel is of course built into a very old building so every room is probably different and I'm quite sure the room we had is the smallest.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank agolder
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The location is just off the main square. Perfect. The hotel is small, modern and friendly. However, the restaurant is in a class of its' own. Absolutely a terrific menu and food. No wonder they received a couple of Michelin Stars !!

Access with bags to the first level is not that easy, but that is about our only 'complaint'.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raynboz
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We walked in off the street and were very lucky to get accommodation in September. The staff was lovely and the location was perfect for a day of walking around the city and exploring. As we wanted an early morning departure it was arranged that we could eat our breakfast a 1/2 hour before the restaurant actually opened. While the computer was free, I found it a bit difficult to work around the Spanish instructions so ended up using my phone and WiFi from there after.
We felt very lucky to have stayed here with its convenience to restaurants, shops and generally exploring the town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 30 September 2013

As we were walking on the Camino Santiago our tour company (Camino Ways) booked into this delightful city center hotel. While the rooms were not particularly spacious, they were functionally apportioned, and had air conditioning (no small matter since Spain was in the middle of a September heat wave!). The staff was extremely helpful with tips on further enjoying their city, and also helped us to rearrange both our own, and our luggage transportation. Not to be missed while you are there is the award winning restaurant......of course (this being Spain) the dining doors do not open until 9pm, but it's well worth the late night wait.
Enjoy both you dinner and your stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JanetJulia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here 2 nights while on the Camino. Firstly, the hotel while not as imposing as the picture on its website is located in a pedestrian street in the centre of Pamplona and ideal for visiting the city, as all the main sites are within walking distance. The reception is on the first floor at the top of beautiful marble steps, but not ideal for those with restricted mobility. Our room was very well appointed and equipped with tea/coffee making facilities. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. Breakfast was extensive in a small dining room. Highly recommended for the visitor to Pamplona for its central location and good facilities. We did not eat our evening meal in the restaurant, despite its reputation, as we thought it was too expensive and Pamplona had 100s of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple