“Great location”

Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Pamplona
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is our third stay in the Europa which is an indication of how impressed we are! The location is superb, you are right alongside the Plaza del Castilo and so within striking distance of all the sights. The hotel is spotless, parking is two minutes away and if you want a great authentic meal then try Casa Otano, and for excellent value go for menu del noches.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped here for 2 night while walking the Camino. Staff were helpful, room was definitely nothing special. A colleague was told we were in cheap rooms by booking w booking.com it was average with a window opening onto a small enclosed area. The room was always very hot. Great for drying my walking clothes but oppressive otherwise.

The highlight is the food. Breakfast is good value at 7 euro with some hot options. Lunch is superb. Spoil yourself in the Michelin star restaurant with the 66 euro degustation menu including matching wines.

Nearby is Bar Gaucho which us the best tapas bar in town and the main eat street is San Nicholas is just across the square.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Peter G
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as a respite from shared accommodation on my Camino walk. It was perfectly positioned on the sunny Sunday I was here. Please note that nothing is open on Sundays in Pamplona not even all the churches all day so all of Pamplona seem to be outside tapas bars....lots are right near the hotel, so if you want tranquility this might not be ideal. But if you want to be in the heart of the action and able to hear the buzz of happy families, it is ideal. Unfortunately the restaurant that I so wanted to try was also closed. But it was all ideal for me!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was probably the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in my entire life. There was literally about a foot or two around the bed and that was it, but guess what, I didn't care! At the time I was desperate for a room and this was all that was available in the old city but I don't think I would have been happier anywhere else. The room was small but nice, I was happy with the bed, the bathroom was clean and functional, the furnishings were modern. My wife and I were travelling for our 1st wedding anniversary, and this was the perfect spot because all we wanted to do was wander the old city, eat pintxos and drink wine. Hotel Europa is perfect for that because you are right in the middle of the action. Enjoy the food and beverages and then wander the 100 meters from the square back to your room. In the morning stumble downstairs and get your cafe con leche sitting outside in the square where Hemingway sat. What a great place!!! Btw, I don't think every room is so tiny as ours was, this hotel is of course built into a very old building so every room is probably different and I'm quite sure the room we had is the smallest.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank agolder
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The location is just off the main square. Perfect. The hotel is small, modern and friendly. However, the restaurant is in a class of its' own. Absolutely a terrific menu and food. No wonder they received a couple of Michelin Stars !!

Access with bags to the first level is not that easy, but that is about our only 'complaint'.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raynboz
Saltspring Is.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We walked in off the street and were very lucky to get accommodation in September. The staff was lovely and the location was perfect for a day of walking around the city and exploring. As we wanted an early morning departure it was arranged that we could eat our breakfast a 1/2 hour before the restaurant actually opened. While the computer was free, I found it a bit difficult to work around the Spanish instructions so ended up using my phone and WiFi from there after.
We felt very lucky to have stayed here with its convenience to restaurants, shops and generally exploring the town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Terry S
Westchester, NY
Reviewed 30 September 2013

As we were walking on the Camino Santiago our tour company (Camino Ways) booked into this delightful city center hotel. While the rooms were not particularly spacious, they were functionally apportioned, and had air conditioning (no small matter since Spain was in the middle of a September heat wave!). The staff was extremely helpful with tips on further enjoying their city, and also helped us to rearrange both our own, and our luggage transportation. Not to be missed while you are there is the award winning restaurant......of course (this being Spain) the dining doors do not open until 9pm, but it's well worth the late night wait.
Enjoy both you dinner and your stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family