“thank you jose !”

Ranked #4 of 21 Pamplona B&B and Inns
Haifa
“thank you jose !”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

we stay in pension sarasate on the begining on our camino de compostela .
the pension is very central locaded the rooms are very nice and clean and the best of all is the owner Jose !
Jose is the perfect host !
we are grateful and we will stay again there in our next visit in pamplona

Room Tip: don't miss this place !
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drukmanj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Tx
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My fiance and I stayed here during San Fermin on a two week trip to Europe and couldn't be more pleased. Jose was the nicest, most helpful host that we could have asked for. He's always there to make sure your needs are seen to without being overbearing. The rooms are clean, if a bit sparce. The place has tons of character, but it a bit difficult to find. It's on the third floor and feels like you're walking up to a bar when you're looking for the door. Ringing the bell gets you directly connected with Jose and his capable hands. The location of the hotel is perfectly in the middle of everything and while San Fermin is happening it's a bit loud. Jose recommended several dinner places and then called to make sure there were tables available. He even suggested an amazing balcony to watch the running of the bulls. There are a couple things travelers should know about the place, though. First, there is no AC. That's not unusual for Europe at all, but it can be a bit sweltering if you're staying in July and August. Second, there is no elevator so you will have to carry your bags up three floors of stairs.

Jose mentioned that the building was being renovated. I hope they don't lose the wonderful charm of the place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrenHill
Norwich UK
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Echoing the trend of other reviews; great stop - over place and convenient for the old city and all the pinchos bars and in fact the paseo de sarasate is the closest you can park in the street to the old city without a resident's pass. Jose polite but discreet, wi-fi works fine, room compact but clean, bed comfy. We had a room facing the rear, not too sure if the front rooms would be noisier. It's not on the bull run though; for those interested in such things

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterHarvey
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012

True what they say: it is very quiet, very well located, and the owner is very friendly and helpful without being in your face. My single room was pretty cosy but the en suite bathroom was good and the price was very reasonable (not San Fermin season).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Usshi
Gordon's Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I recently stayed Pension Sarasate and was utterly delighted by how convenient, quiet and comfortable it was. I had completed my Camino Aragonese earlier than anticipated and Jose was extremely helpful by going on the internet and finding me a really good place to stay in San Sebastian. He was also able to accommodate me an extra night.
The day after I returned to Pamplona there were major protests in Paseo de Sarasate with running battles between bottle-throwing hooligans and the police. The pension was a lovely quiet haven away from the mayhem going on outside. All the shops and bars were shut, but the pension is wonderfully close to El Corte Ingles where a good meal can be obtained on their 8th floor restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank stewartza
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The location for Pension Sarasate was perfect. Close to everything (including a parking garage) and very quiet. Many of our friends came into Pamplona for the San Fermin festival and paid twice what we paid for our rooms and it was too loud to sleep. The internet worked perfectly and the room was a good size.

It was very difficult to find, so be ready for that. There is no sign except on the bell. Also, there is a two flight stair to walk up as well. Not a problem for us, but if someone has difficult with mobility, this could be an issue.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OverseasIowan
Dili Timor Leste
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I found out about the Pension Sarasate from reviews on Trip Advisor and emailed the very friendly and helpful Jose. He sent me excellent directions to the hotel. I was a bit nervous about finding the place seeing as I was cycling there from Pamplona airport.

Upon arrival Jose could not have been more helpful, helping me with my bike and luggage. He had a good place for me to keep my bike but as I had forgotten to pack my bike lock he allowed me to keep my bike in the room.

I was pleasantly surprised with the room as it was gorgeous - and had a small balcony. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. It is true the bathroom is not big - but it was big enough.

I had a room facing the street and yet my room was very quiet.

I thought that this pension was excellent value and I would highly recommend it. It was so lovely for me to have someone who could speak excellent English as I had a lot of questions to ask regarding where to go to get my Camino passport, where a bike shop was, where I could buy certain things etc etc.

Room Tip: I stayed on a room that faced Paseo Sarasate and it was gorgeous and very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo