“Really great rooms and reasonable rates.”

AC Hotel Ciudad de Pamplona
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Pamplona
Sebastian, Florida
“Really great rooms and reasonable rates.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The rooms were great and the hotel was really very nice. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. Everything was decorated with taste and I felt very comfortable there. The breakfast was included in the room and it had a very nice assortment of foods. There is an underground parking lot across the street with lots of parking. The hotel will "buzz" you in when you get to the entrance of the lot and "buzz" you out when want to leave, so I felt safe when using the lot. I liked the hotel enough to want to stay here again but I might try to find something closer to the central plaza as that is where things are happening. You can always get a taxi from the hotel to the plaza and I don't think it cost more than 10 or 12 Euros. All the staff spoke English. If you found this review helpful please click on "helpful". Thank you.

Room Tip: Don't expect great views from anywhere within the hotel because the area doesn't have great...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank DonnaSebastian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Beautiful and spacious executive suite with a a balcony in the living room and the bedroom is separated and private. The shower is big with leg massages, lots of natural sun lights. The bed is very comfortable and huge, it's bigger than a king size bed I would say.
The maid service could be better at the attention to cleaning details and amenities preparation and the gym could have more machines but overall, my stay was very enjoyable.
The staff was very courteous and helpful, ready to please at any request that you might have. Can't really say I enjoy their breakfast though, their cut fruit was not fresh and they did not have fresh juices and they serve cheap Spanish cured ham.
Make sure you stay at the executive suite (room 105, 106) perhaps there are more but those are the one we know of, with these suites your stay may be pleasant since the rest of their room are in badly need of updating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank embcn
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The problem started when we checked in, the employee was rude and questioned the details of our reservation, we had two rooms for two days with breakfast included. He said that at the price we had paid it was not possible. He was not going to honor the breakfast for the two couples. I had to go to the nearest computer and look up my e-mail confirmation to prove to him the breakfasts were included. The Hotel decoration was done in grey and black and the hotel felt sad and gloomy. And here we were in Spain, home of bull fights and Fiesta!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ernesto241
gulf shores
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I visited in July 2013. This hotel was not picked by us. It was picked by our San Fermin tour compamy. The rate we paid was not the rate the hotel charges. It was the inflated rate charged by our tour company. With that said on with the hotel review. Nice place. Clean, good bed, Cold AC, safe in the room, good internet, good shower, very good breakfast, nice folks at the desk, very nice comon seating ares in the lobby, quiet, close to everything, bus stop out the front door, clean quiet neighborhood. AC is the mans initials of the owner. We saw his hotels in just about all of the 8 cities we visited in Spain. I think he is considered to be in the upper class of hotels. The Pamplona property is definitely top rate. My wife and I think we might return and run with the bulls again. Next time I will make my reservations myself and cut out Iberian Traveller. By the way the AC can make all of your San Fermin connections which includes balconies, bull fight tickets, opening cermonies, etc. If you are thinking about this festival this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nohassle1956
Cape Coral Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I spent a week in Pamplona at the AC just before and during the first 3 days of the Festival of San Fermin. We love this hotel. It is ideally located - close enough to easily get into the old city for festival activities and yet far enough away to be out of the crowd and quiet. The neighborhood is lovely with many small restaurants and bars, drugstores, grocery, cheese shop and bakery. The rooms are roomy clean and quiet. The staff is very helpful and friendly and breakfast is wonderful. We have stayed at other hotels in Pamplona and none match the AC for San Fermin. Bus stop right outside the hotel takes you to the Bullring - or a leisurely walk around the park. I would stay here if visiting when the festival is not going on too. I love the convenience and the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank merymeet
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I am a pilgrim walking the Camino de Santiago, and my brother was kind enough to obtain a room for me to stay on my return journey. The rooms are very nice, and the hotel is located just one block from the Camino. In addition, there is a grocery store directly adjacent to the hotel, so I was able to resupply my food for the next few days. All in all, it was a wonderfully recuperative stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Me and 3 others booked this hotel through American Express based off of our budget.
First off, we did not know that it was not near the Running of the Bulls festivities. You have to catch a bus and it takes about 15 mins to get there... at one point it took over 30 mins but thats because the bus driver was ahead of schedule and had to wait at one stop so as to not be too ahead of schedule. I will say, this hotel is nice and clean and modern looking, but it was really disappointing when mine and my husband's room was a lot smaller with our queen size bed than our friends room who had 2 twin size beds. You would think we are paying the same amount, why cant we enjoy a big room too? Upon seeing our room, we immediately asked the front desk if we could move to a room with 2 twin size beds (for the extra space) and he said no because our room was now considered USED so we couldn't switch. :/
The restaurant is a joke. Yes its very pretty, but good luck getting service. We were the only ones in the dinner room and we sat there for about 30 minutes before a waiter came to take our drinks. Once we ordered (burgers) it took about another 45 minutes to get our food. We only saw the waiter when he brought our food and then later when he brought the checks.
Also,we put our DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door all 3 days we were there and while we were out and about in the city. Each day when we would return, our rooms had been entered and cleaned. One day the maid even took the access card that kept our A/C on. Our friends had documents they had left on the desk, thrown away by the maid, even though they too had DO NOT DISTURB signs on their door. When we complained to the front desk, the lady there said "They must have thought you were asleep so came back later and when they saw you were not there, they entered to clean your room". But doesn't DO NOT DISTURB mean DO NOT DISTURB? It doesn't mean DO NOT DISTURB FOR THE NEXT 30 MINUTES ONLY.
Also note, there are NOT many things nearby to do there, you have to take a bus to get to anything useful and enjoyable.
Last and MOST importantly, after we returned home from our trip, I checked my account to make sure the hotel stay charge went through on my credit card, and low and behold, the hotel charged me 3 different charges totaling 3 times the amount our stay was quoted to be! I currently have my travel agent working on getting an explaination from the hotel but its been over a week and im not sure how much luck she is having contacting the hotel.
So I give it a 2 out of 5 only because it was clean and very modern looking, but we honestly did not feel at home in any way, and I am extremely pissed about these extra charges on my credit card. I mean, what explaination could they possibly have for charging me about $1000 over?
I'd recommend to anyone to go elsewhere, or even closer to the city!!!

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms with 2 twin beds are bigger than the queen bed room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends