“Great hotel, too far away from town center.”

AC Hotel Ciudad de Pamplona
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Pamplona
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Great staff, love the bathrroms - absolutely new with 100% granite and glass with nice fixtures. Not quite close enough to town center. Diappointing to find that in-room wifi costs €12. Free wifi in lobby/lounge, but still. Also, not a single English language television station aailable without paying an extra €9.

The staff should provide more guidance on taxi availability and costs to get to/from city center. Walking is fine once, but there is NOTHING to see between the hotel and the Citadel, which is not so interesting after a single go-through. Would a taxi cost €3? €13? THis would greatly impact my decision of whether to choose this hotel or a slightly more expensive one in-town.

Would have to say, though, that it is very modern and cleanly, with a good lounge and seemingly attentive staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0slodude

Reviewed 29 November 2009

I have been taking groups to this hotel for Pamplona's running of the bulls festial since 2007 and there is no better place to stay. The service is impeccable (particularly the front desk staff), the rooms immaculately clean, and the breakfast excellent. I've read some of the mixed reviews on this site and quite frankly don't agree with some negative comments. I believe it's a misunderstanding as far as expectation. Most people think Pamplona is a small Mexican-style 'pueblo' whereas the reality is quite different. It is a vibrant mid-sized city with an old European downtown and modern suburbs. This hotel is located in a leafy yet modern apartment-style neighborhood south of the historic city center (and bull run). If you want to stay in a clean, well-managed, modern hotel during the San Fermin festival, this is perfect because you can walk to the festival and yet sleep soundly at night. If you're expecting a small inn complete with tumbleweeds and gun-toting sombrero-sporting banditos, you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Spyns
Reviewed 2 October 2009

It's nice to stay a few days, not luxe but with atmosphere!! Decoration it's nice and modern and the restaurant and the breakfast very good food.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I think the hotel is nicely situated and done up. It is clean but the bad service means I would never stay at 1 of their hotels again by choice.

It is located on a busy residential road which is nice and is about 20 mins to centre of town. The higher the floor the better as it gets quite noisy lower down. We were on 7th floor which was generally quiet.

Best rates are direct from the hotel we paid 85 Euro per night. they charge a lot for breakfast for what it is (15 euro pp) but there are some lovely patisseries on the road where you can get a great breakfast for 5 euros.
The mini bar is free and is stocked with water and soft drinks only.

The rooms and bathrooms are very small. the shower is not powerful and the amenities are basic and of poor quality. no slippers or robes are provided. The floors are wooden which I think is nice and more hygienic.
We had no mirrors in our rooms which I found odd so I checked the 2 rooms on either side of ours whilst the maid was cleaning and they both had mirror fronted wardrobes so I asked if we could change rooms but was told they were fully booked- both rooms were vacant during my 3 night stay.
We were not informed of the amenities/ services in the hotel or shown around ( even though quite small I was not aware the breakfast room existed), were not told what time breakfast was served etc and nor were we told that you could get free hot drinks from the breakfast room all day. I have no idea if the serve dinner and lunch. The newspapers were not delivered as promised. When ordering room service I was made to feel like I had disturbed them- I only ordered tea. In general room service was expensive.

I called the hotel beforehand to enquire about car parking and was told they had their own spaces specially reserved for hotel guests but I wasn’t informed of any charge, upon checking in we were told all about the car park (across the road and everything we needed to know and still no charge was mentioned. when checking out we were charged 14 euro per day which although is reasonable for the area we still should have been told about it. I could have made other arrangements and parked for free but again as with everything when I told her this the receptionist just shrugged and walked away.

Staff were very unhelpful and rude and didn’t help with any requests had. When I had a problem misplacing my safe key (safes are located behind reception and are old fashioned 2 lock types) I called the hotel and was told there was nothing they could do until Monday as they don‘t keep spares. It was a Saturday and I was checking out on the Sunday. I tried to solve the problem I was shouted at because she couldn’t understand me as I talk in English.
Really not the level of service you expect from a 4* hotel. Just a little more effort, better customer service and more information would be nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2007

A perfect stay. The service is perfect, the staff is very helpful. The area where the hotel is located is full of shops and interesting people. Our room was full of amenities like flower arrangements and chocolates every night.

The wine selection is also good. If you go to this hotel, make sure you request the Rioja wine. It is the best.

• Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 12 July 2007

30-45 minute walk from the train station and any of the San Fermin activities. With good weather and good health, not a problem at all. Very enjoyable neighborhood- bars at night, coffee shops for morrning, sunny patio-type bars for the afternoon. Just far enough away from the worst (best?) parts of the festival to be able to get a good few hours of sleep at night. 12 EUR taxi to the airport. Simple, extremely clean, efficient.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank 26Deuce
Reviewed 27 October 2006

This is an excellent hotel with a cool modern feel. The free mini bar was perfect after the walk back from the festival and after a night of drinking. There is also a fun irish bar right across the street. If you want to enjoy san fermin without the nuance of loud drunks, stay here.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple