“Perfect”
Review of Maisonnave Hotel

Maisonnave Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Pamplona
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Contemporary style, clean, beautiful and silent rooms, big bed, soft sheets, well placed in Pamplona, good & big breakfast (eggs, sausages, cheese, muffins, nespresso coffe, tea, juices...), nice staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Since I had to work I did not see more of the hotel than the reception, breakfast room and my room but all I saw and experienced was good. The room was clean, modern and everything in good condition. The only issue was the car park which had no direct connection with the hotel so I had to walk a little. The breakfast was not continental but offered more which I appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel is well placed for a visit to Pamplona in the middle of city. Its perfect for walking the walls and doing a bit of shopping. Secure private parking is available nearby.

We ate in the hotel restaurant, a fabulous meal 3 courses and a half bottle of Rioja for around £15. The food was well presented and tasty! The wine was above average. Highly recommended.

Breakfast was a buffet style, fantastic choice of food, including (unbelievably) a chocolate fountain!

Free wifi is available in the foyer, which is comfy. Rooms were clean and contemporary beds very comfy, (but I kept stubbing my toe on the funny bit at the end of the bed!)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor pick up the wifi (if you lean slightly to the left in the toilet ;-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Located in the city centre, the whole of Pamplona can be visited on foot.
Got this stay on promotion but why do you add 17,50 Euro parking fee to your 'promotion'?
Clean, spacious room with nice bath room. Guess you have to get out of the hotel for the view.
Not super friendly staff but they at least did 'what they had to do'.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidVanHees
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Fantastic hotel. Really friendly reception staff lovely modern hotel with smart room and all mod cons. Comfy bed and good bathroom. A lively Tapas bar was attached to the hotel and an excellent restaurant. If you want to explore you don't need a taxi its all outside the door! We shall return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very central location. The rooms are spotlessly clean. When I checked in my room was very warm. The staff changed it in minutes for a different one that was much cooler.

Very helpful, efficient, friendly staff.

Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Ahhh Serendipity… I was a pilgrim walking the Camino into Pamplona. I was tired, hot, sweaty and NOT at all looking forward to staying in the city’s large albergue! As I was waiting to cross a road in the nearby town of Villava and a local gentleman struck up conversation with me. When he found out I was looking to stay at a hotel in Pamplona he emphatically insisted I go to The Maisonnave Hotel.

I thought I would give it at least a walk-by. When we approached the The Maisonnave Hotel we paused… It was very nice… in fact, from the curb it looked like it may have been too pricey for our budget. My husband and I debated, then we decided to go in and just ask for the cost and if it was more than what we could afford, we would ask them for a recommendation for another hotel.

Not only was the cost very reasonable, the charmingly-friendly, informative and English-speaking desk clerk changed my whole Camino! The Maisonnave Hotel is part of the Posadas del Camino (www.posadasdelcamino.com), the Posadas are not a chain… but a group of nice establishments along Camino de Santiago de Compestela. If you stay at one, get their Camino Card and you get a 10% discount from any subsequent posada stays!

We stayed at The Maisonnave Hotel for just one night. As I mentioned before, we were tired, sweaty and dirty… we had just walked 30km! We shuffled in, complete with backpacks and without a reservation. We must have been a sight, but the staff never batted an eyelash at us. We were treated very well. The hotel is centrally located – about 100 yards from the Tourist Information Center at the Town Hall. Our room was a nice size, clean and comfortable. We had a double bed and the bathroom had a shower and a good-sized tub! We had plenty of hot water and the water pressure was invigorating. WiFi was free and the speed was good. Our room had street view and yet our room was very quiet. The next day, refreshed and renewed, we continued our Camino. The subsequent Posadas suggested by The Maisonnave Hotel were also incredible. One of the luckiest things that happened to us on this trip to Spain was learning about The Maisonnave Hotel!

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family