“Average basic hotel.”

Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Pamplona
Vancouver, Canada
“Average basic hotel.”
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during the San Fermin festival and enjoyed the fact that it was far enough from the old town that it was quiet at night. It was about a 10 or 15 minute walk to get to the old town. Friendly staff, good breakfast, close to the train station but very basic otherwise.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South-East England
Reviewed 25 July 2012

First the good..........the location of this hotel is a big advantage. It is about a five-minute walk from the train station. There is a bus stop almost outside and the bus service is regular and good value. Or one can walk along the river into the centre of Pamplona and the old town. This takes about 15 minutes. The hotel was very clean and has lots of small shops, cafés and a mini-supermarket close by. I also liked the fact guests could use the computer in the lobby free-of-charge.

Now to the drawbacks...........the main one for me during my 4-night stay was the noise. The floors are tiled so one could hear the footsteps and moving of furniture of those in the rooms above. Added to this, guests often slammed doors noisily. Many left very early, presumably to catch an early train, slamming the door as they went.
The breakfast was basic, and items were sometimes not replenished. Tables were often left uncleared for some time, even though the café was not that busy. However, we had dinner one night in the restaurant and it was superb, especially the fish and seafood.
All in all, it's not too bad for a short reasonably-priced stay.

Room Tip: A top floor room might avoid or lessen the noise of people in other rooms. Also ask for a room not f...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Stayed here during the San Fermin festival, looking for a less expensive facility away from the craziness. The staff were friendly and most spoke English. The parking garage was useful, if a bit challenging to use. However, it was very noisy, from street noise and other rooms (very thin walls, chair scraping on the stone floors, etc). Small and spartan rooms. If I were ever to go to Pamplona again during the festival (which I probably wouldn't), I'd try to go more upscale.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is a fantastic little stay. We only stayed one night (in May) but I would have been more than happy to stay up to about 3-4 nights here. It has all the mod cons that you need including a flat screen tv, air con, bath tub and the location although out of town 10 mins, is only a walking distance away. There's three supermarkets within walking distance for self caterers (one is just a few doors down) and we got free parking included in our stay, so parking is available in the basement. We didn't have breaky included, but the restaurant looked very nice, and its available for 6euro per person which is very reasonable. The room was immaculately clean. Only minor concern for us was the noise from the street and voices from the room next door - but these really were minor in the scheme of things. The staff were super friendly and helpful, possibly the most welcoming we've come across in Spain thus far and we've been here almost three weeks. A great stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnikadeBruijne
New York, NY
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Only stayed for one night here is a quick rundown
Pros:
1. although outside the old town, it's only a very direct/easy 10 minute walk into the old town where the bullrun starts
2. very nice customer service, courteous and friendly
3. free parking: if you are traveling with a car, it's a good place to be, large underground parking space for free
Cons:
1. dirty - bed cover is not clean, walls are dirty with shoe marks, smells of cigarette smoke
2. malfunctions: the shower's very strong so be careful not to spray water everywhere, our door key didn't work (turning round and round without catching)
3. a bit loud - room facing street catch the traffic downstairs clearly, I was hearing cars driving by all night.
Over all, one of the worst in my experience with budget hotels. Vino+pintxos crawling in town before coming back to sleep helps

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bo L

Travellers are raving about these Pamplona hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I chose this hotel because I was only staying in Pamplona one day and preferred to stay on the outskirts of the main city (ie: the old, more well-known part) so I could be close to the train since I had an early departure the following day. I had seen a review on hostel.com or hostelworld.com that said this place wasn't close to the train. I think that is inaccurate. I got a little disoriented when I arrived but it was only b/c I was unfamiliar with the city. The walk to/from the station to the hotel is about 10 minutes, which is great when you have an early train.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I spoke a little Spanish, but was expecting a call from someone who spoke no Spanish at all. Since they had to call the main # to get to me, I was concerned that the language barrier would prevent them from getting patched through to my room. There was a little confusion involving me running up and down the stairs, but they were so nice about it and it all worked out in the end.

I was on the second floor, which made me feel a tiny bit safer b/c if you open the metal shutters, there's really no safety precautions or something to prevent someone from climbing into your room. I only kept them open a tiny bit, and only when I was in the room. The room itself was very clean and spacious enough for 1-2 people. Both the bathroom and room were exceptionally clean and modern. And I appreciated the mindfulness of energy efficiency; you can only turn on the lights if your room key is inserted into their sensor (which I didn't realize at first). It prevents people from wasting electricity when they leave their room.

The area itself is so so. It's not what you might expect when you think of Pamplona. Even some Pamplona natives I had met there referred to it as the 'ugly' part of the city. They said it wasn't dangerous, just not as pretty to walk around in. To get into town where everything is really happening, you have to walk about 20 minutes. I got completely lost (again), but was fortunate enough to come across this cute little old man, who, without understanding a word I said, was able to walk me into town and point out some sites. The people in general seemed friendly.

It's a very small city, but has some beautiful sites, especially the restaurant Meson del Caballo Blanco. Gorgeous view and delicious food. Definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Vanessa M
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights. Rooms basic but clean. Very good value for money. Unfortunately it is possible to hear guests in next room and traffic can be noisy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family