“air conditioning not working”

Hotel NR Noain - Pamplona
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Pamplona
Murcia, Spain
“air conditioning not working”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I;m staying at this hotel right now. It's very warm 25C and the air conditioning does not work.To get an air flow you need to open the window, then the street noise keeps you awake all night. Traffic and people constantly passing the window.
When I complained I was told it was Sunday and nobody can fix it but I think they are simply saving money. The restaurant is also closed on a Sunday. So don;t stay here if it's warm and don't stay here on a Sunday.
Poor responses from the staff to any complaint.. Just not acceptable.

Room Tip: Avoid the street side especially if it's hot
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I spent a week with my family at the Husa, while visiting relatives in Noain and other nearby towns (Zizur, Pamplona, etc.). It's a clean, convenient budget hotel.

The rooms were average for this kind of hotels, relatively spacious and well kept, although basic. Beds were not extraordinary but I could sleep well; bathrooms are convenient.

Staff was very friendly and there's a cafe in the ground floor where to have breakfast for a couple of euros. Location is convenient if you have a car -free, safe parking on the street, 10 min away from downtown Pamplona. It's also very close to the airport.

It's a cheap, clean, friendly place and a nice base to explore Navarre by car. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
San Juan de Alicante, Spain
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The room was clean but basic. Staff helpful but we had booked a no smoking room we also booked in our dog. On arrival we were informed that usually people with dogs were put into smoking rooms. I did insist we had a no smoking room as my husband has asthma we were eventually given a no smoking room. We also paid seperately for breakfast which was awful, bread etc were all stale and there was little choice. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This hotel is clean and it is in a good location if you do not want to be directly in the center of town during the San Fermin festival. It is about a 15 bus ride into town. The benefit for being outside the "party" area, is that you can actually get some sleep.
Unfortunately, this hotel has terrible guest service. The staff is not helpful and could care less about their guests. We were in Pamplona, for the Running with the Bulls. We traveled 16 hours to get there and this was our first time participating in the running. The hotel had "forgotten" to give us our wake up call the first morning and we missed getting into the race because of that. This was devastating because we had been planning this day for a year, spent thousands of dollars to get there and counted on a service that I had verified would not be a problem but sadly, this hotel is not a customer friendly place.They never apologized, and actually blamed me for not having a back up plan. (Which I did have my cell phone set to go off as well, however the time change had not changed accurately). Whether, a wake up call is for an important business meeting or so that you can be in a special place that you have dreamt about, this service is at the top of the list as far as hospitality. This hotel is a last resort and do not count of any service from the hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Seville, Spain
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The place is quite far from Pamplona, just so you know. It was convenient however to catch the bus right outside directly into the city. I would save a fairly good hotel to stay at if you are going to the running of the bulls. The place wasn't special but did the job and did not have a lot of negatives. Depending on your standard, this place wouldn't be a bad option.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 23 March 2008

I stayed at the Husa Noain, for a night before heading tonwards to join a tour for the running of the bulls fesitval in pamplona at a different hotel.

It was fine for what i was looking for something close to the airport and something of a reasonable standard.

I could have walked down to the hotel, but in fear of getting lost and with luggage, i took a cab. Pamplona airport was very small.

Everything was grand, the room was clean with t.v, phone etc. The staff seemed helpful enough, and assisted me with some directions to my destination.

There seemed not much around the hotel, mind you i didn't really wander. There was a small cafe downstairs, which would suit if you wanted a bite to eat. The breakfast was cold meats, bread etc, typical of europe.

I would most probably stay closer in the town of pamplona if i was visiting, but i didn't attempt to make my way into town from here or do much exploring so i can't give much advice about its suitable really. It was perfect for a transit hotel for a night for me close enough to the airport..

• Liked — handy- close to airport
  • Disliked — nothing really - for a 3 star close to the airport
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Madrid
Reviewed 3 November 2005

Rooms are fine, but nowhere to eat within walking distance-just a smoky and dirty café. If you arrive at night,be prepared to go to bed with empty stomach

• Stayed October 2004