“Dirty, unfriendly,unhelpful.”

Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Pamplona
sitges
“Dirty, unfriendly,unhelpful.”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We arrived here at 8.30 p.m. having booked it weeks before.The receptionist was out on the stre smoking and chatting to 2 men.We seemed to be an inconvenience to her.When she finally gave me the key and reluctantly told me where the room was I went up in the lift to find a room with a dirty floor and dirty bathroom.There was urine on the toilet seat. I immediately went back downstairs and she was back outside smoking again and chatting.Once again she seemed annoyed to be interrupted. I told her about the room and she asked me to come up with her..I refused as I had by now brought all my bags down again.She went up alone and when she returned told me the room was not dirty and that there was no urine on the toilet seat before I went in!I was shocked at her attitude and told her I would not be staying in this place.I stood outside with my bags waiting for my 2 friends to arrive as they were parking the car.She stood beside me once again smoking and told her 2 male friends everything that had happened. They kept staring at me and I reminded them that I could both speak and understand Spanish.
We found a lovely place on the same street clean,friendly and cheaper

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank joangallagher50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed one night sharing a small room with another pilgrim on the Camino de Santiago. So space was tight for the two of us.
The hotel was recommended by the tourist office. Abit pricey for the standard.

Room modern, clean and comfortable despite the small space. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Good WIFI reception throughout.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Utrecht
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Nice, newly decorated rooms in one of the main streets of old Pamplona. Friendly and helpful staff; lots of information about the city. Very decent rate. You can eat and have breakfast on the ground floor, but we did not.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

great location. stayed here for one night. not much to see in Pamplona when the bulls aren't running. rooms very small... couldn't even open my suitcase between the bed and wall. but it did the job. the windows are extra thick which completely silenced the busy bars below.

• Stayed April 2013
Eldersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We wanted a hotel within walking distance of the running of the bulls. This room fit our purposes perfectly. it was just a few blocks from the run. The room was quaint, comfortable and clean. As we expected during San Fermin, the price was high, as was the noise level. That said, we saw what we came to see, and had a great time. The only thing I would change is that I would bring a pair of ear plugs next time.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you want a good night sleep anywhere in Pamplona during San Fermin.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
ireland
Reviewed 1 October 2010

VERY centrally located hotel smack bang in the middle of pamplona. My mother and I shared a twin room here on the last night of our camino trip. The receptionist was very friendly and charged €63 for the twin room. I have heard that the rates are tripled during st Fermin and if I'd paid much more I would have been dissapointed.

On the positive side the room and hotel were clean with all floors served by a lift. The hotel is on one of the main pedestrian streets so there's going to be noise from outside and that is understandable and beyond the control of the hotel. The noise from inside the hotel is much harder to ignore. Maybe we were unlucky but it didn't seem that there had been any effort to sound proof between the rooms or the floors. Unluckily for us there is also a decorative shaft that runs from ground to top floor that was right beside our room. During daylight hours this does its job and send shafts of light through the hotel to the ground floor and all the intervening floors. At night it becomes one huge amplifier that accentuates door closings that are happening two floors away. This isn't conducive to a good nights sleep.
The room had an ensuite and was as previous reviewers said, tiny. Had a balcony out to the street and a flat screen.
If I wanted a crash pad and could get it for less than €70 I'd stay here. Otherwise look elsewhere

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank brockcork

Travellers are raving about these Pamplona hotels

Sydney
Reviewed 30 November 2007

It was a baaaad exprience. Cut my trip the the San Fermin festival a day early to avoid another expensive ordeal - fled to a Madrid hostel. 150 euro are a single room the size - literally of a double bed; and then an ensuite. Terrible. It was peak season, that it was the only place where I felt robbed.

Maybe I was targetted because I am a mid-20s male, but they have a pathological fear of people crashing with the guests in their room. They give a vistor 10 mintues and then come up! Me and my mates tested it out, it only 3 of us slept there, the 3rd guy would have his legs in the bathroom! LOL. I can laugh now.

Great location, but stay away unless you committed a crime, and fell you deserve a sentence in a Turkish prison.

Enjoy the party during San Fermin, it goes on all night, sleep it off in the park, every 2nd day, clean yourself up at the

"Tryp Sancho Ramirez" - that's a hotel!

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The Price was criminal and the room made you feel like one!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Smicer