“lovely ruidor”

Riudor Hotel Benidorm
Ranked #36 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My partner and i have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Riudor hotel.
We have been to Benidorm many times before but this was our first stay at the Riudor.
What a pleasant experience it was.
The food was excellent all the staff were most friendly from Paco down to all the waiters..
The entertainment was very good with Marta in charge (what a good job she did).
Thank you everyone at the Riudor for making our holiday so good.
We would reccomend this hotel to anyone but dont forget you have to be able to stand the
loudness from the Black Chicken karoke bar situated very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 4asweetrose
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Allen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review.
It is a pleasure to read comments like this one. We love to know what is the impression we give to new-comers, as most of our Guests have been coming for many years now, and we know their opinions already pretty well!! So it is enlightening to see things from another perspective.
Regarding the Black Chicken and adjacent bars' noise, this issue was brought up to the Manager, and we are looking into what we can do about it.

Thanks to you for choosing and recommending us.
We will be sending you your Amigo Card through post. Please, make sure to bring it to the Guest Relations next time you come to have it updated.
We will be looking forward to seeing you back.

There are newer reviews for Riudor Hotel Benidorm

Reviewed 25 October 2011

have just returned from our first holiday in benidorm. Found a great deal with Thomsons website for the Riudor hotel and having read the reviews from others I had no hesitation in booking it. First impressions on the hotel was that of the fantastic central location. Surrounded by shops/bars/nightclubs.... an extremely busy place. Took the advice from other peoples reviews and requested a quieter room... This is benidorm though, so there is noise and lots of it till all hours, but we were prepared for this. Our room was situated on the 2nd floor, all the hotels seem to have approx 10 or more floors, so if you are afraid of heights then request a lower floor. We had a triple room (3 single beds)... I have to say that there was very little room to manoeuvre around. Plenty of storage space, no hairdryer much to my disappointment and no tea/coffee making facilities. Small balcony overlooking a cabaret club, a perfectly adequate clean bathroom. Found the beds very hard! maybe it was just my luck!! Safety deposit boxes situated in the wardrobe costing 2 euros per day. Almost impossible to get the lift due to the amount of residents in the hotel, but being on the second floor this did not annoy us. Beautiful bar area serving well priced alcohol... 3 euros for a cocktail and under 2 euro for a beer. Entertainment provided nightly in the hotel which in my opinion catered wonderfully well for the older residents, probably wouldnt suit from age 40+... I did find that the bulk of the holidaymakes were oap's... again this didn't bother me... I was holidaying with my mother who was celebrating her 80th birthday!! There are numerous clubs (too many to name them all)... Morgans bar put on some great tribute band shows, as did the stardust.. they had a great comedian... tony scott, but beware of bad language and lots of sexual talk! "sticky vicky" seems to in various clubs at different times throughout the evening, but I wouldn't go back to see her. Once was enough. Im no prude, but I didnt enjoy the show, I actually found it boring! The hotel is just a short walk to the beauiful benidorm beach. I was very impressed with the standard of presentation of the numerous cafe's, bars etc along the pedestrianised walkway along the beach... it was so lovely. And what a lovely walk to the old town of benidorm along the promenade, very worthwhile.
Now to the bad points.... dangerous, dangerous, dangerous!! And this does not seem to come across on other reviews, so I wonder If I was just unlucky. On our first day there, an attempt was made to snatch my mothers bag, this was in broad daylight along a busy street about 100 metres from the hotel. A fella and a girl... only for my mother alerting us (my sister and I) to this, she would've lost her belongings. I reported this the next day to our tour rep and she described the pair to me. They are well known within the local vicinity (romanian gypsies). Later that day the same pair watched us whilst we ate at a cafe almost next door to the hotel. We had our bags tied to the legs of the chairs. That evening we went out to another show. On returning to the hotel at approx 2am my mother and I were surronded by 5 of these people. This was about 20 steps from the front door of the hotel. Only for my sister walking about 6ft behind me and shouting my name then pushing me forward I cannot imagine what would've happened to us. I ran with my mother into the safety of the hotel, with 2 men running behind us. They were too late for me, but not too late for a younger woman standing outside a club directly adajecent to the front door of the riudor, she got the necklace ripped from around her neck. As you can imagine this greatly shocked my mother, sister and myself. The police did not leave the area until well after 3am. Once again I went back to the tour rep. By this stage I was very angry. I did state to her that whilst I had no problems with the staff, food, facilities at the hotel, I did find that the security they have in place was not acceptable. They have a duty of care to protect their guests and we had been subjected to 2 potentially very dangerous issues within 3 days of eachother. The front doors of the hotel are situated down a darkened side street. It is approx 24 steps from the main busy street and in my opinion would benefit greatly for security to assist their guests down to the safety of their hotel. But because I did not book a package trip with Thomsons (I booked a tailormade holiday), she could not give me a complaints form to fill out. I have to do this myself now on my return. She did however get me to write down all the details of the events that occurred so she could give them to the hotel manager. The rep also told me that one of her co workers had been mugged walking down to the hotel and others now refuse to work there. The manager passed me several times during yesterday and on no occassion did he even acknowledge the incident that had occurred. We were that terrified that we removed all our jewellery including wedding bands watches etc and locked them in the safe. We were due to go out that evening, but we couldnt settle and I knew that my mother was worried about her walk home, so we stayed at the hotel. On talking to numeorus other residents they told us that they do not go out in the evenings. As stated before the majority of these people are elderly and have mobility problems, they wouldn't stand a chance out there. Did it put me off benidorm? no diffently not, but it would put me off going back to the riudor unfortunatley... and thats a great pity cause the hotel was great in every other way.

Room Tip: opposite side to the black chicken, although there is still noise on this end too
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank ilovefloridaUk
CustomerServiceMgr, Public Relations Manager at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident, and the impact that it had on your overall enjoyment of your stay with us. Unfortunately any busy Town or City in this day and age can attract people who are less honest that we would like. Benidorm does not have a high crime rate, mainly due to the vigilance of its residents, hoteliers and the local authorities who recognize its impact on the very important tourism industry in this area. As in any tourist resort we always recommend the use of safety deposit boxes in order to protect any valuables and vigilance when going out and about.

At the Hotel Riudor we employ security staff on duty who patrol the hotel and area throughout the night in order to ensure our guests wellbeing, and the police patrol throughout the whole of the Levante area throughout the day and night. Again we are sorry to hear that in spite of this you were subjected to this unfortunate incident.

We are pleased to hear however that apart from this you were very happy with the hotel itself, the standard of accommodation, service and food. The Hotel Riudor is a very popular hotel in Benidorm, because of its location and the standards offered and many of our guests return to the hotel year after year. We are very sorry that this incident has made you decide not to return to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Have just returned from Riudor Hotel after 2 week stay. Got no complaints at all. Food exellent, entertainment good and different each night, price of drinks very reasionable, Staff friendly and hotel clean. Gala night once a week with free bubbly. Its only a 2 minute walk to the beach and lovely promanade. All in all a good hotel maybe a bit of noise outside at night but we are talking BENIDORM its not a quiet resort. Would definately recomend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maurjam70
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Hello maurjam70,

My name is Paula. I am Hotel Riudor's Guest Relations.
Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor, these are very much appreciated.
We are glad to know you found our food excellent, our staff friendly, that you liked our entertainment, etc.
Thank you for choosing the Riudor for your holidays in Benidorm, and for recommending us.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me in case you have any enquiries: benidorm@medplaya.com

Reviewed 14 October 2011

OVERVIEW - The Hotel Riudor is a well run, well kept hotel with lovely staff and a nice pool - the perfect base if you want to be on the doorstep of all the action and a stone's throw from the beach. Literally 5-10 mins walk from "the square" where most of the bars are, the walk to "the square" is adorned with many bars offering tribute acts, karaoke, quiz nights, food etc and you are surrrounded by lots of shops full of bargains. - Don't forget to make the trip to the market on a Sunday - (10 mins walk) - well worth it !

Using your common sense, if you are close to the action you will get some noise from the adjacent bars - you won't be affected by the 'noise' (from the Black Chicken- entertainment bar) if you simply close your balcony door (and use ear plugs?), I am quite a light sleeper and never got woken by the 'noise' - in fact lazying around the pool its quite enjoyable listening to the professional singer in the afternoon.....

This was my first visit to Benidorm and have totally fallen in love with the place. A gentle walk down the promenade and you can explore the delightful Old Town (prob about 30 mins walk or so, but who is clock watching?) The beach is beautiful and the sea crystal clear.

HOTEL - The Riudor itself is well run, my friend and I stayed All-inclusive and were very pleased, there was a good selection of food available each lunch time and evening, usually a fish dish/meat dish and vegetarian options with a selection of potatoes of some variety, rice, salads and soups and lots of cakes and icecreams, we never felt the need to eat out as the food was more than satisfactory and quite delicious. The breakfast was quite tasty too :) freshly made omelettes were lovely.

The evening entertainment is as you'd expect (I am 32 and my friend 42), but my impression (comparing to stays in other hotels) is that the level of entertainment (singers/acts/comedians etc) are at a v.good level and on the whole quite enjoyable although pitched at an older age level - the usual Bingo, quizes etc apply. I feel its important to mention 'Paulette', one of the visiting female singers who particularly made one of our evenings very enjoyable - (thank you - you have a lovely voice and you work hard with no breaks !!! - we had a fab evening/night)

There is a really friendly feel in this hotel, most of the people we spoke to had been going to the Riudor for many years, if you conduct yourself respectfully to others and remember if coming back in the early hours that the rooms have (as some people have described) quite thin walls and you can hear quite a bit of conversations/coughing etc through them, but this didn't bother us (just take ear plugs) and keep the noise levels down.

Moving onto the bar - a mention to 'Paco' and the new young bartender/glass collector (who Im sorry I failed to catch the name of - he has a star tattoo on his arm) - also another very smiley bartender who we only saw a few times - again THANK YOU.

ROOMS were cleaned daily, beds made, mopped etc, the maids were friendly, clean towels and the rooms are what you'd expect but plenty adequate for your stay - although I will say this - i suspect if stopping in the very hot months the air conditioning wouldn't be up to much, it was quite sticky when we were there (yes in October) and I can't say that it was very cool even on the lowest setting - this might have just been our room? (607) - I always hire a room safe no matter where I stay so this goes without saying if you want to be sure to protect your valuables.

SERVICE - overall - excellent - if we needed anything it was sorted out almost immediately - can't ask for more than that ! (we had a bulb out, and a dodgy electric card - sorted straight away).

BENIDORM - I don't think we saw even half of what was on offer in Benidorm, most evenings we ended up at Cafe Benidorm (Cafe B) watching the Take That Tribute band (which were very good) and dancing and drinking the night away until the early hours - most bars offer a 2-4-1 offer between 4-5 euros for 2 drinks - be careful in the caberet bars as it can be more expensive for your drinks, if in doubt, check before you order.

THOMSON/& STAFF - I would like to thank Ashleigh(Thomson Rep) and the staff at the hotel, not forgetting the restaurant staff for sorting out a special birthday surprise for my friends birthday - THANK YOU !!! - it made my friends day :) - these are the personal touches that count !

In SUMMARY - Riudor EXCELLENT Benidorm LOVED IT Levante Beach BEAUTIFUL Old Town CHARMING - so much more to say but tried to cover the main points (sure i've forgotton some things). Hope the review helps anyone thinking of visiting Benidorm and more importantly if you are planning to stayat the Riudor - we can't WAIT to go back !!

Room Tip: We were situated on the 6th floor, we had no problems.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank BAMBI08
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Wow, this is a really extensive review of Benidorm and the Riudor Hotel!!
So we have a new Benidorm lover, I see :o) Welcome to the club!!!

Bambi08, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Hotel Riudor.
We are very pleased to hear your friend enjoyed her birthday, and that you liked our staff, our entertainment, and Paco and Paulette so much. I think that the bartender of the star you referred to is Jose. Will let them know that you mentioned them.

We will have a look at the air conditioning system on room 607. Thank you for bringing this up. We always encourage our Guests to let us know while they are here if there is any complaints or suggestions they would like to make in order to try to sort everything out as soon as possible and make their holidays more enjoyable.
By the way, must point out that the outdoor market is on Sundays AND Wednesdays as well ;-)

Whenever you are planning on coming back, please, let me know and, if you'd like me to, I can give you some holiday advise of what other things you may do here, and explain about the free Amigo Card. Please, feel free to contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com
Will be looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at the very nice Riudor Hotel 1st Week of October, in Benidorm. Our room was on the seventh floor and was cleaned every day. The only thing that woke us up, was people coming in being very loud and slamming doors, the walls are very thin so you can here talking etc.But remember, this Benidorm, so dont expect it to be peaceful and quite.
The restaurant for a 3star was very well ran, nice staff, always on hand to help guests out. The food here was Brill, different choices every day.Yes of course you may see chips every day, salads were great.It was really nice to see so much choice, real meats being sliced up in front of you, off the Bone. Many people expect too much from hotels.
Entertainment was good too, i would say more for the older guests, but some great singers here at the hotel.
The pool looked fine to us, although we didnt use it, plenty of sun beds stacked up at least 25 not being used, and it was very hot there about 30c.
The reception area is nice with free Wi-Fi. You can get a safe key for your room here. The only thing we didnt really like about this, was they advised you to place your key with them when you leave the hotel, then on your return, ask for your room number and they just gave it to you. We did raise this with our Thomson rep, maybe it might get looked into as its the hotel who operates this.
The hotel is very close to the beach which has a perfect prom to walk along, very long with many bars to have a drink etc. The beach is sandy, until you get into the sea, there are very large rocks, you could easy twist your ankle.
Benidorm is a great place ideal for all ages, and was very safe while we were there. There is so much free entertainment around, all you have to buy is a drink and you could see some great copy cat acts in the many bars. Some we saw on offer were, Tina Turner West Life Meat loaf Carpenters Michael Buble Robbie Williams
Thomsons have arrange some nice trips, the one we went on was called The Spirit Of Costa Blanca, but there seems no mention on the page of the booklet, about this may be hard for walking. This never affected us, but some people missed out parts of this trip which was a shame for them.
Thanks to all the Thomson staff from Gatwick airport to Allicante Spain, especially Ashleigh at the Riudor, she was very helpful & nice too.
Thank you all at the Riudor hotel, we had a great stay here, would go back another time in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms on the Black Chichen Bar Side of Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sorrentoitaly2007
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have just returned from our stay at the Riudor and would like to say what a brilliant time we had! Food was lovely and plenty of choices for everybody,rooms cleaned daily staff nice. We knew before we went that it was close to The Black Chicken etc but if you shut your balcony doors then you hardly hear it. If we can find one fault that will be the swimming pool, i am only 4 foot 9 so therefore my feet did not touch the bottom so i did not feel confident to swim! We always use the safe provided in every hotel we have stayed in, it is well worth the money to know your cash and passports are safe! Derek and Lorraine Morecambe Lancs

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorraine s
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed at the riudor sept20 for 11nights,had a great holiday.although it does need updating it was spotless.we found it a very friendly hotel,all staff were great best I've met in benidorm and we ve stayed at a lot of different hotels there.paco the barman was great ,as were all the other bar staff and restaurant staff.marta the entertainment girl was good and Ashleigh the Thomson rep was very helpful.found it a bit noisy round the pool afternoons with close proximity to black chicken but you don't go to benidorm for complete silence.we will be back soon,thanks riudor.

• Stayed: September 2011