“great hotel.”

Ranked #34 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
south wales .
“great hotel.”
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Go to the riudor.Great food.Nice rooms.Very clean.Freindly staff. Very cheap bar prices. Walls are a bit thin,can be a bit noisey.I will be going back,for what you pay to stay here you get great value for money.Deserves it's three star rating.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank celticfrost
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Hello Celticfrost!

Thanks for your comments and for recommending us to readers.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in the Riudor.
Hope you have already the Amigo Card, as it would enable you to get free gifts of your choice or, if you book direct with us, a discount. You may apply for it next time you come, emailing me to benidorm@medplaya.com or through Med Playa's website.
Hope to see you back soon.
Kind regards,

Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Polish first
south lanarkshire
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This hotel was in a central spot for all entertainment and shops. The rooms are basic and not big but cleanliness is second to none. There are no hairdryers in the rooms but they can be hired at reception. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was great, there was a great variety for breakfast, dinner and tea and everything was hot, which makes a change from other hotels. There was entertainment every night in the hotel if you wanted to stay in and bar prices were very reasonable. We had no complaints about this holiday whatsoever.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank braedale31
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Well, another 'excellent holiday', that's pretty good!
I'm glad to know you are all having a good time in the Riudor.

Hello braedale31!

Thank you very much for your positive review.
I am very pleased to see that we are achieving our goal of ensuring our Guests have a happy holiday.
I don't know if you already have the Amigo Card, but I would highly recommend you to apply for one next time you come, or through Med Playa's website, or sending me an email to benidorm@medplaya.com Also, if you have any enquiries or special request, please contact me.
Will be looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Scotland
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We had booked to go to Tunisia, when that was canelled we considered Egypt, but decided Benidorm would be a safer choice!! Last visit was about 8 years ago and it doesn't seem to have changed at all.
Hotel location was a bit of a surprise, don't think we'd like to be there during busy months when all bars, etc are open as it will be really noisy then, however apart from a little noise from the Black Chicken we were hardly disturbed at night.
Check-in was easy and after going to our room we decided to ask for a higher floor, which we were given immediately and without any problem at all - nice surprise.
Room was what you would expect as others have said. It was very clean, beds comfortable and bathroom very good. Cleaned at same time every morning by very pleasant staff.
Food was excellent, good choice, hot and tasty. Juan and his staff are very good. Occasionally there were problems attracting girls attention to get drinks, but that is the only minor criticism we have. We forgot to book packed lunch one day and Juan said it was fine to get what we wanted at breakfast. Most unexpected and helpful.
Bar staff very pleasnt too and prices very reasonable. Happy hours were a bit strange - Tue, Thur and Sat 4pm-5pm.
Entertainment ok. We don't really play bingo, but everyone seemed to be enjoying it and the quizzes. Some of the entertainers that were on later were very good.
All in all a really good holiday and the sun shone as well!!!
We are thinking of going to Benidorm again in December and will most definitely be booking at the Riudor.
Benidorm Palace worth going to and circus was excellent, well worth a visit. Blanket trips are good days out too.
Thank you to everyone for a most enjoyable holiday. Hello to Paula too.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travelling0ldies
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
Lots of 'excellents' lately, that's great :-)

Hello there!
I suppose you were expecting me and that I'm getting predictable already!
I remember you. I’m not sure, but I think you are Judith, am I right? You'll have to tell me next time you come! Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

Well, thank you very much for sharing your extensive opinion on the Riudor Hotel on Trip Advisor. It's very nice of you.

I’m pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and that you’re already planning on coming back in December, in spite you’ve not been coming here in the last 8 years!
If you need help with your booking or would like to make any special request, please contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com
Remember that, if you book direct, you'll get reservation points that can make your holiday cheaper.

Will be looking forward to seeing you back.
With kind regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2011

fantastic hotel excellent food entertainment was very good especially ashley and his bingo. the only problem i have is that i joined an amigo card and when i tried to find out about booking a holiday and going to the website it said my card number was not right, although i only have the paper one i was told that the actual card would be delivered by the time i returned home, still not arrived, that is the only pronlem i haave with this hotel i shall be going back there, nice to have a relaxing atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Hello lizzydinah!

I'm not sure of who you are by that nickname, but I'm sure we spoke! I'm Paula, the Guest Relations, it was me who told you about the Amigo Card.
I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us, that you like our staff and are planning to come back. Thank you very much for your comments.

It usually takes a few months for the Amigo Card to get to your home address, but the points are already on your account and you already have a card number. So, you may use your points from the moment you apply for it (you actually don't need a card as long as you have your number). The reason why the website is not allowing you to get in is that you probably don't know your password.

If you'd like me to help you out with that, could you please email me to benidorm@medplaya.com ?? I'll let you know your card number and password and will try to sort out any problem you may have as soon as possible.
Hope this helps. Will be looking forward to seeing you back soon.

Vinaros
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We were visiting friends who were staying at the hotel, it was dificult to find as the address is Avenida Mediterranio but the hotel isn't actually on that road,

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly the only complaints was the noise from adjoining rooms as the walls are very thin and the smell of smoke from previouse occupants, perhaps when the new smoking ban has been in effect longer this problem will go away.

We found it dificult to sleep at night for the noise of drunken youths on the streets and residents returning to their room in the middle of the night but this is a Benidorm problem not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Hello ezzabloom,

Thank you for your feedback. You're helping us improve.

I'm glad to know you found the Hotel clean and our staff friendly.
As you said, smoking is banned now in Spanish Hotels, so you won't have the problem of the smoke in the future. Anyway, I encourage you to ask at reception next time you come if you can be changed of room in case you don't like it for any reason.

Hope you enjoyed your holildays and to see you again around here soon.
With kind regards,

birch vale
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This is like a family run Hotel.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who always greet you with a smile.
We were late for packed lunches, no problem - the kitchen staff sorted it.
Our plane was taken to repatriate people from Tunisia and we were delayed 14hours - no problem our all inclusive was extended until we left.
The bar staff treat you like a regular, friendly and efficiently.
The quality and selection of food was excellent.
The entertainment was very good, better than we saw in the nearby nightclub .People from other hotels came here in the evenings.
The Thomson rep was very helpful, she kept us in resort during the delay rather than leave us at the airport as a rival company did during recent strikes.
Lots of people there were repeat visitors, we will certainly be going back

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Hi Keith,

Thank you for your lovely comments on Hotel Riudor.
I'm sorry for the delay you experienced with your flight, but I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our staff, our entertainment and our food.
Actually, the Riudor belongs to a family run chain!! You weren't that wrong. And it was one of Med Playa's first Hotels. Our staff has been working here for years and years, so we know most of our Guests, as around 80% of them are regulars.

If you have any enquiries or would like to make any special request on a further visit, please contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com, and I'll be happy to answer back as soon as possible.

Will be looking forward to seeing you back soon!

staffordshire
Reviewed 18 January 2011

our 5th xmas and new year was as usual absolutely brilliant everything food ,drinks the lovely friendly girls in the dining room mariuxi mari susan etc.
the bar staff paco tony antonio simon and juan the bull fighting nun any one who was there new years eve will no what i mean a great night and also last but not least the brilliant hard working Ashley see you all in may .
Roy& Pearl

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
MedplayaBenidorm, Med Playa Benidorm Guest Relations at Riudor Hotel Benidorm, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Hello Roy & Pearl!

Thanks for your beautiful comments on the Riudor and Hotel staff.
I'll let them know what you said about them. They'll be delighted to know you enjoyed your stay so much and appreciated their hard work.

Should you have any enquiries or special requests, please email us to benidorm@medplaya.com We'll be happy to answer back as soon as possible.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you in May.
Kindest regards,