“room given was disgraceful”
Review of Cervantes

Cervantes
Ranked #130 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
middlesbrough
“room given was disgraceful”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

we booked these apartments for 1 week along with another couple, two separate rooms. we collected the keys from a bar just around the corner. The room my wife and I got was an absolute disgrace. to say they required a £100 deposit in case of any damage was a joke. the ceiling light in the bedroom did not work, there were 2 double lights above the bed of which only 1 bulb in them worked, so it was very dark as we had a late flight. there was a dead creeping plant pinned up the wall, the suite you are expected to sit on was filthy, the curtains were falling down, there was no glass in one of the patio doors, the shower head was broken, when I went to complain I was told that no-one was there to help until 9am the next morning. My wife would not sleep in the bed, just sat crying on a towel on top of the bed all night. when I went to complain the next morning I was told if I would wait then they would try and find us an alternative room. about 30 minutes later we were given a different room which was ok I guess. This experience didn't start our holiday off very nicely at all. On the morning we were leaving the man in the office showed us some of the outstanding apartments the actually have, so I don't understand how we were given such a bad room. this holiday was in 2012 but I was just searching for somewhere in Benidorm and this one came up in my search so thought I would give a review.

Room Tip: hope you do not get the same 1 we did
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kevin b

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Enjoyed my holiday with my son in this apartment..It on hand to all shops ,bars,supermarkets,cash machines,takeouts and restraunts...I will give it 7/10 and would go back...However I think next time I will book direct throu the apartment manager,,,Definetly not throu A1 TRAVEL and will never travel with Ryanair ever again...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Psula J
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I rented my apartment directly with the apartment owner so I cannot comment on the previous reviews with issues with keys. I will focus my review on the building.

Apartment Cervantes has a excellent location 2 blocks from Levante Beach. It is also across the street (Avenida Europa) from the ALSA bus stop to and from the Alicante airport.

All apartments have large balconys overlooking the pool. There is no sea view as other buildings are in front but you are close enough to get the sea breeze. Only a few of the apartments have air conditioning.

Most of the apartment residents are Spanish senior citizens. It is a very quiet building. This is not a good building for hen or stag parties. It is 2-3 blocks away from the big party bar area.

As this is an apartment and not a hotel there are no porters or front desk staff to advise you. There is a tourist information both 1 block away on Avenida Europa. You can stop by to get a map and advice on the many tourist attractions.

We did enjoy our accommodation but when I first saw the building my first impression was that it was old and dumpy. It is an older building but as I looked around at the neighboring apartments they all provided a similar impression.

The pool is very large and looks better in person than in the photos. Only a few lounge chairs are provided. Many residents bring their own chairs. Ask if your rental includes beach chairs. You can use them at the pool or take them to the beach. It is possible to rent loungers and umbrellas on the beach for 4 Euro each item. We carried our chairs and rented an umbrella.

The building is older. If you like a modern and newer feeling I recommend that you look at the hotels in the area. Many of them were newer and modern.

Another difference from a hotel is my apartment rental agreement did not include housekeeping. It was truly renting an apartment. If you like daily housekeeping maybe a hotel is something to consider.

The best part of Apartment Cervantes is the location. The balconies are large. The place is very quiet. It is near many bars restaurants and supermercados. My unit was adequately stocked and it had a clothes washing machine.

If you rent any apartment find out the charge for final cleaning and how much the security deposit is and how you get it back.

I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Mary K
plymouth
Reviewed 7 October 2012

me and my husband stayed at the cervantes apartments for 2 weeks for our honeymoon in September 2012... where to start?! we had no light in our toilet, the bed was broke, the balcony door didnt lock, the pool had glass in. it was horriable. also the cleaner came round at 9am in the morning to change the beds, when we answered the door she could see we were not even up but pushes her way through to our bedroom.
it says the pool is ment to close at 8pm but the lifeguard actually goes at 6pm and tells everyone to get out.
the staff at folies vacances (where you get your keys) said we need to be out of apartment by 10am and go to the office to get the security deposit back, we infact got to the office at 9.30am and she says 'your a little early ' bla bla bla.
overall i would not recommened this apartment to anyone!

Room Tip: we were allocated the first floor so we could hear everything outside
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank shireen1992
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Just returned from 7 days at cervantes, we arrived later on Saturday night and found no porter so had to find the follies agency to pick up keys, which were left at the hotel next door to Agency. On the Sunday we found out it was the porters day off so we were not able to get a saftey deposit box. On the Sunday evening we went out fot a bite to eat, we were only away for for a couple of hours and when we returned our room had been ROBBED! of all our valuables and money, bank card, mobile phone, i pod, DS, clothes, wallets, jewelry. Someone had entered with a key, I will leave you to work this out yourself. On monday we went to the Follies Agency to see what they could do, but all they were interested in was getting their £100 deposit, bearing in mind we had everything stolen in their accomodation, very helpful NOT! so i strongly advise not to stay in these appartments!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank John F
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Myself, partner and 2 young children aged 7 and 4 stayed here for the first week of our holiday. If i am honest at first wen i had booked it i was abit aprehensive as all this talk of collecting keys from far away offices just to get into the apartments sounded abit dodgy. But to be honest it didnt turn out to be a problem at all! We got dropped off by the transfer bus at burger king in ricon de loix and its a 5 minute walk from there, then got keys and jumped into a taxi that are lined up outside and headed for the apartments. If you google map the offices and Cervantes first you get a good idea where it is so it makes it easier wen you get there. Its a nice place, very quiet. Theres a lovely pool outside that is nice and clean and also quiet. The rooms are slso very clean and comfortable and the balconys are huge! The kitchen is fully functioning with everything you need to whip up a meal. Theres a supermarket right next door with everything you need aswel as alot of english brands. The Location is perfect, Its a short walk to the beach and the old town and everything else really. Theres a very cheap but very very good carvery place below the hotel. We ate ther quite a few times as it was lovely. The only thing i could say on a negitive note is that there wasnt any other kids about for ours to play with. Its mainly full of old european old couples, but it didnt really bother us as we were out all day anyway. It definately is a nice place to base your holiday. Due to the volcanic eruption that grounded all flights we ended up in Benidorm for an extra week and if it wasnt for us finding a really cheap full board hotel we would of happily stayed there another week. If you do go to benidorm drop into Churchills its a lovely pub just around the corner from cervantes that has a lovely warm atmosphere and caters to everyone!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Binny90
chesterfield
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Drove to and from Benidorm staying at the Cervantes apartments. Excellent car park but restricted number of spaces. Apartment had good quality equipment and an enormous balcony, Very clean, quiet and in an excellent location near to beach and old town. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple