“Don Jorge”

Don Jorge Apartamentos
Ranked #36 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I'm not usually one to write on here but feel it necessary. We travelled in a large group having originally booked 3 apartments and even though I'd asked and booked in February for rooms near each other we were spread out over the 18th, 19th and 31st floors. Plus they couldn't give us the apartments we asked for so ended up in four (wasn't too much of an issue).
Checking in was sloppy, only one key per apartment and there was 4 of us. Not ideal that you had to wait up for others to come home each night.
One of our party was unwell on the one and only cleaning day in the week so they just left us towels. I wasn't bothered about the apartment being cleaned it was more of the attitude of the reception staff when I asked for more towels as we were only given two clean ones for four people. It took me twice to ask to get these two days later. When I asked for the bin to be emptied I was also told you do this yourself!! Not acceptable to me when the cleaners did these on cleaning day for everyone else.
Lifts....as my friend wrote below...joke. I walked 64 flights of stairs one day as this was quicker.
Checking out was also a joke. When you arrive and pay deposit they will only refund you there and then after checking the room if you pay cash. 3 of the 4 rooms had put a card down and they won't check the rooms until you leave therefore they can charge after you're home. We insisted this was done before we left and our card details returned to us. This didn't go down well and the staff were stroppy about it.

Someone dropped a glass bottle from a high floor some of which smashed onto my stepdaughters balcony. She hadn't realised and cut her foot on the glass. The rest was in and around the pool which had young children in. It took members of our party to insist the pool area was closed to staff so it was cleaned.
The apartments do the job, however the walk back up is a killer. Will be returning to benidorm next year as I love the place but now I've seen other hotels I know where I'm booking into and it's not here!

If they took a bit more care and time with guests this place would be great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AA_1984
Javier G, Gerente at Don Jorge Apartamentos, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear "AA_1984"

First of all thank you very much for your time sharing your experience in TA. We feel sorry if you did not get what you expected. We take note of your comments to work about them with our job mates.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights at beginning of june... Perfect for what we needed. Nice clean apartments. Hotel next door was available for use too- including free wifi and indoor and outdoor pools. Really enjoyed our stay. Only down side is it's situated right at the top of a hill (although I believe there's a free bus) it was fine for us though!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LittleLEH18

Dear "LittleLEH18"

First of all thank you very much for your comment in TA. We feel happy your overall opinion about Don Jorge and Palm Beach facilities are good. Obviously the location is uphill and we offer this courtesy bus from hotel to Levante Beach form 9 am to 7.45 pm during the summer.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Let me start by saying that I'm a 'glass half full' type of person but even I struggled to find the good in this holiday.

To keep it short I will say that the apartments are not ideally situated - steep hill, isolated from Benidorm town and a nuisance to go to and fro the hotel when you're all inclusive. Please believe the other poor reviews when they say how annoying this location is.

The staff were unhelpful at times and unable to speak good English at other times.

Food was excellent, really good choice.

Drinks was a nightmare - only one drink per person when I was there, made for a lot of queuing!

All in all, if you've booked already - go and try and enjoy yourself but just know that it isn't really in Benidorm as such and a lot of walking/queuing for the ridiculously sized 8 seater car will be involved.

If you are browsing this thinking of booking then please DON'T!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear "sharrie5"

First of all thank you very much for your time sharing your feedback in TA. We feel sorry if you did not get what you expected. We would like to tell you thank you about our food comment and we take note of your negative comments to discuss them with our job mates to improve our service.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

From the minute we arrived to the minute I left all I could think was "I'll never book here again". There was 3 of us sharing a room and how many keys do we get.........yup just 1 !!!! That was the start. The room was dirty the floor hadn't been cleaned in ages. The air-con was like an asthmatic mouse blowing on you. It would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor then the sofa bed. We was on the 19th of 34 floors. Hope you are not in a hurry for the lift. They have a mind of their own. Took on average 10-15 mins for a lift to stop on our floor. They would always sail past for no reason even though you had pushed the buttons !!! I'm glad I took my own towels as well as house keeping only come every 4 days to change them. I would only book here again if every other hotel in Benidorm was full !!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David B

Dear "David B"

First of all thank you very much for your comment in TA. We feel sorry if you did not get what you expected. We take note of your comments that will help us to improve our service.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Travelled for 10nights July-August with my husband and two sons, aged 10and 8. Don Jorge did accommodate my request for a low floor and the apartment was basic but okay. Washing machine was a bonus but the sofa bed not really comfortable and with no mattress protector sheet which I find a bit worrying! Air conditioning worked well,and nice big fridge freezer.
Food in restaurant was really nice, we ate well every night.
Trip tickets also a bonus - terra mitica was excellent, as was aqualandia and mundomar.
However, having to share the pool with Palm Beach guests is a nightmare. Long queues for the pool bar, nowhere near enough sunbeds and the pool is TINY compared to the brochure pictures. You cannot relax and watch your children swim as there are way too many people in and around the pool and you've NO chance of a poolside sunbed (most of which are broken and dirty). This was a major concern for us so we spent most of our days at the beach which somewhat wasted our all inclusive facilities.
Benidorm itself is definitely not a place for children. Hotels, pools, beach and pavements are constantly crammed with people, all the time. I just didn't feel safe or relax the whole time, you need eyes in the back of your head! It really is like a cattle market - not a relaxing holiday at all.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tracy h

Dear "tracy h"

First of all thank you very much for your time sharing your stay in TA. We feel happy you have found the apartments facilities ok and we feel sorry if you did not get what you expected in the Palm Beach services and we take note of that comments to discuss them with our mates to improve the service.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights here while visiting Aqualandia, MundoMar and TerraMitica. Appartment equipped with laundry room, kitchen and dining area, breakfast outside on the balcony overlooking Benidorm from 29th floor was really nice. One bedroom with double bed, sofa bed in the living room. Aqualandia and MundoMar in walking distance from hotel. Benidorm is a busy place so even way above street level you hear the town buzzing at night. Pros: excellent view, kitchen to make your own meals, laundry room.
If you are going to spend time at the beach go for a hotel closer to the beach and with housekeeping.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ann H

Dear " Ann H"

First of all thank you very much for your comment in TA. We are glad you enjoyed our apartments with our amazing views from high floors.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my family of five, nice spacious apartment, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and a utility room with washing machine. Good Kitchen with stove, microwave, blender and mixer although didn't use any of this as we where all inclusive.

Brilliant views from the high floor, we stayed on the 33rd, I would thoroughly recommend emailing the hotel before you go to ask to be near the top, the manager will try to accommodate.

Thanks again the Blackburn Family.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family