Servigroup Calypso
US$146
US$133
servigroup.com
1,589 results
All reviewsballroom dancinggreat hotelterrace barpool areaplenty of sunbedsbenidorm palaceevery nighthotel is spotlessfree ticketsdance floorolder guestsother hotelsplenty of choicewalk in showerolder generationevening entertainmentsomething for everyone
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Me and my wife stayed at the hotel for one week in mid August . The hotel has it's good points and bad but mostly good . The good points - check-in , cleanliness , pool area , food and nice rooms with a fridge .
The staff apart from restaurant were excellent . The bad points - beds in room were hard and poor staff in restaurant (a smile or some friendly talk )
but in general a good hotel

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Fantastic two weeks 15th August till 29th August, thanks to Elaine on front desk. We emailed each other to get the room we wanted. The travel agent was no help what so ever. The room was on the 9th floor over looking the front of the hotel, good for people watching and the views of Benidorm. Room clean and tidy as it was through our holiday.
Towels and bedding changed daily, the shower was great. Now the food a very good choice even if you are picky the sweets were a top up with plenty fresh fruit. Fresh fruit drinks at breakfast and tea/coffee machines.
Entertainment during the day is very limited if you didn't look hard enough you would miss it, music was a old deck with a couple of speakers on a post. Further back you could hear the hotel pelicanus banning away. The evenings was mainly ball room dancing for the spanish. Most english would be out and about Benidorm, cracking. My wife and friends are going back in November. Weather red hot. Staff friendly and we would return without a doubt,.. the cleaning staff keep the hotel spotless. Not forgetting the kitchen staff, well done to all.

Room Tip: Use hotel phone in bedroom to phone home, cheaper than the rip off merchants outside. high floor front, views are great.hire the safe, 2€ per day. Free wifi
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank silverfox99
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Had 10 nights in the Calypso in August, Very clean and tidy hotel. The buffet food has excellent choices and it is hot (when its meant to be). This is quiet hotel suited to those of more mature years. There is no problem with seating at the pool area and there is no need to put the towels down. The salt water pool is well looked after also. If you want a really quiet room ask for the annexe.

Room Tip: As mentioned avoid rooms fronting on main street. The annexe rooms are best for peace and quiet at night. Good aircon in the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Blues54
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Calypso for a week 1st week in August this was our second time. Travelled with my sister and 2 other couples. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the bathrooms have been modernised with a great walk In power shower!

My sister and I were on the top floor (11) with a really small balcony compared to our parents who were on the 7th floor their balcony was at least double the size of ours! If you can request a room with a street view (facing Morgans Tavern) and Ambassador, also I would have to say that been on the top floor we could never get the free wifi! So we went to our parents room to use it. Those would be my only complaints.
The food is really good with plenty of choice for all! I'm quite a fussy eater but always found something I liked. They have the show cooking every night with different choices of meats varying from steaks, veal, pork, chicken etc. I found there was a lot of fish too such as swordfish.
There were always plenty of salad, pizza, cold meats etc.
My favourite night was the Mexican themed night!
All the staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you.
The pool area is large with plenty of sunbeds available.
I never noticed any entertainment at the hotel but that never bothered us as we always ventured out to the many bars and pubs of benidorm.
I think the location of the hotel is brilliant- 5 to 10 minute walk to the Levante beach and also close to the bars with a short walk to the main square strip with the most nightlife.

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Angelicakitz85
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just got back yesterday and stayed from the 19 - 27th Aug, just me and my daughter.
We had a lovely room on the 6th floor, a decent size, but not a great view, which was fine for us. The bathroom was a good size, and the shower was lovely with plenty of hot water.

The food was very good lots of choices' and they had a few themed food nights whilst we were there. The daytime entertainment was ok, but I can only comment on one as we only did the water aerobics which was led by Oscar who was very good (many thanks Oscar you were great!!).

The evening entertainment was more geared to the older generation with just dancing (although the music was good) the entertainment could have been better. It looks like we missed out on a great evening the day we were leaving as they were decorating the bar area for a tropical evening.

On the whole a lovely clean hotel, good food and only about a ten minute walk to the beach, lots of places to eat out if your on a half board basis like we were. The only thing and its a small thing if I had to moan about something is the fact that we had to pay for a drink with our evening meal other than that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a higher room if want a peaceful nights sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family