“Very disappointed”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Been going to el Corral del Pollo for the last 26 years. Very often visist the place when I used to stay in Benidorm and now I visite the place at least 3 times when I go there on holidays.
Myself and my family loved to go there as we enjoy the food and brings us great memories from the past as we had great meals there.
The last time we were there one of my guest found 2 body hairs in the chicken. Called the waiter and he started measuring the lenght of the hairs....(???). Walked away, didn't remove the plate and didn't at least apologise (???). 2 minutes after the manager arrived with a sour face and asked with a very bad actitude: what problem do you have with the food???. We explained the problem and I personaly asked him to remove the plate and he started giving us excuses that his chefs are wearing a chef hats in the kitchen. One of the waiters brought us back another 1/4 piece of chicken in a bad mood.
I heard that the place changed ownership and I can see that the new management needs to find an better way to deal with situations.
The answer for the suitation was to remove the plate right away and say: I am really sorry about this! That's it, very simple.
Unfortunately I will not go back there again because of their actitude. The rest of my family which they live there feels the same. Business like this needs customers as the crisis in Spain is really bad these days. Do not put people off.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Luciano L

Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
“Great chicken and ribs”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Our 2nd visit great value and very tasty chicken and ribs. If you like BBQ cooked food and well cooked rotisserie chicken in a rustic setting not too far from the main bars it is worth trying. We will be back next time we come to benidorm

Visited October 2013
Seltjarnarnes, Iceland
“Decent food but not the best service”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Over the past 20 years I have gone to this restaurant a number of times. They are always lacking just a little bit.

I went there with my family last week. When we walked in we were almost met with a "sigh" by the waiter, as if he did not have time to seat us and take our order.

The food was Ok,, We had 3 chickens,one portion of ribs and fries. (there were 8 of us) One of the chickens was really good,, the other 2 were a bit dry. The ribs were good, but the chips soggy and almost looked like they were boiled in oil.

Maybe this is due to the fact, that we were really early,, around 1800 so that the chickens we had may have been since the lunch rush.

Ive had better at this place, so I am gonna give them the benefit of the doubt

• Visited August 2013
UK
“If you like chicken this place is for you”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The restaurant is almost hidden from view as is covered and the street side is lined with well established plants. Basic seating on benches but spacious. Service a little slow but the food was excellent. Although on half board at our hotel this made a good change from the norm for one night. Would definitely go again if in the area.

Visited July 2013
Madrid, Spain
“The best casual dinner in Benidorm”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We discovered El Corral del Pollo in our vacations last year; we loved the food. This year we went 4 times already, they have an excellent roasted chicken, delicious salads and the best ribs. The service is very good and the best price/quality relation make this Restaurant a place you can not miss in Benidorm.

• Visited July 2013