“Simple but spot on.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The chicken coral has been in Benidorm for as long as I can remember but on a recent trip we called in to see if if things have changed at all . As long as you stick to the simple dishes you just cannot go wrong. Garlic tomato bread, mixed salad, roast chicken a few chips and a huge jug of wine to wash it all down make for a very tasty meal. The surroundings have been greened up to make you feel as though you are sat in a huge garden but the skyscrapers are still visible. Still the rustic look adds to the overall feel and the constant waft of wood fired spit roast chicken never fails to pull me in. So, order the simple dishes and enjoy the atmosphere, we did and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Of course it depends on the individual taste, but for me it was a bit greasy and crumbled easily. I'm not used to barbecue chicken as they do it here. In Portugal it is quite different and in my opinion better :-)

The outdoor space, is very good. Is well "hidden" and has lots of vegetation. In the summer should be very nice, because it protects from heat.

The service was good.
You can try when you're on vacation more than once, maybe 2.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We decided to try this chicken restarauant while on holiday in Benidorm, we entered the outside dining area and one waiter was serving food and another chatting, we waited nealy ten minutes and nobody came to seat us, so we sat down at a table, after around 15 minutes waiting for a menu we asked the waiter who had just finished chatting with people at another table for a menu he came back after a bout 5 minutes with two menus and slung them on the table from a distance, after looking at the menu I found that he had given us two Spanish language menus rather than the English ones on the board outside, so we got up and left, a truly horrible experience and not something you want when you are on holiday.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This place looks lovely, all wooden surrounded by trees, paradise. Don't be fooled. I can only think that the good reviews of this restaurant are written by the owners. I ordered the anchovies, that is what I got, about 30 seconds after ordering! 6 anchovies on a slice of bread. My uncle ordered the salmon pasta, which I firmly believed had been sitting in a pan somewhere as it was all stodge and stuck together, and was simply that - pasta bows with about 5 tiny bits of salmon about half the size of a 5p piece. My husband ordered something that I cannot remember the name of, unfortunately, as if you eat this you are sure to be ill. It had an indescribable taste, we all had to taste it, and spit it out, something like cobou or copou. Anyway, eat that at your perill. We ordered the half a spit roast chicken for my friend who was meeting us there. When it came it was 'half a chicken', to our amusement nothing else, just half a chicken in a pool of oil; no salad, no chips, nothing. The chicken actually looked lovely, tasted lovely, but by this time we were seriously feeling physically sick so had to leave, we just couldn't bring ourselves to eat it. Perhaps if we had ordered the chicken we might not have thought this place was too bad, just slightly bizzare as the chicken comes on its own. We paid the bill and left a tip because that's what us English do. We went to meet my sister afterwards and they said they would have told us not to go there if she had known, her and her husband and their big group of friends who had previously had the misfortune to eat there now call this place El Corral Del Crappo. We are not complainers and are normaly easily pleased but this place 'Seriously Awful!!!!'

2  Thank kingston54
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Been going to el Corral del Pollo for the last 26 years. Very often visist the place when I used to stay in Benidorm and now I visite the place at least 3 times when I go there on holidays.
Myself and my family loved to go there as we enjoy the food and brings us great memories from the past as we had great meals there.
The last time we were there one of my guest found 2 body hairs in the chicken. Called the waiter and he started measuring the lenght of the hairs....(???). Walked away, didn't remove the plate and didn't at least apologise (???). 2 minutes after the manager arrived with a sour face and asked with a very bad actitude: what problem do you have with the food???. We explained the problem and I personaly asked him to remove the plate and he started giving us excuses that his chefs are wearing a chef hats in the kitchen. One of the waiters brought us back another 1/4 piece of chicken in a bad mood.
I heard that the place changed ownership and I can see that the new management needs to find an better way to deal with situations.
The answer for the suitation was to remove the plate right away and say: I am really sorry about this! That's it, very simple.
Unfortunately I will not go back there again because of their actitude. The rest of my family which they live there feels the same. Business like this needs customers as the crisis in Spain is really bad these days. Do not put people off.

1  Thank Luciano L