“A nice informal place to eat.”

El Corral Del Pollo
Ranked #182 of 903 Restaurants in Benidorm
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The establishment is a large casual dining restaurant, which can cater for large groups. I have eaten here on many occasions and I've never be disappointed with the quality of food or the service. I often turn up with 10 or more diners as we are part of the Benidorm workers 70's reunion, they have always accommodated us and placed tables to form communal dining for the group. Some people seem to think they are reviewing a fine dining restaurant with their comments, this is a chicken and chips type eatery with many other items to choose from. The venue is extremely good value for money in what I consider a laid back relaxed environment. I have no hesitation in continuing to give my custom to this establishment........ For information: order your meat choice then order what sides you wish to have with your order........... Following suggestions that the good reviews come from affiliates of the El Corral Del Pollo, please check my profile on Tripadvisor. Jettyman.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Lovely Restaurant in private secluded surroundings away from the madness. Highly recommend the Steak or Ribs. Friendly staff and good service here.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The chicken coral has been in Benidorm for as long as I can remember but on a recent trip we called in to see if if things have changed at all . As long as you stick to the simple dishes you just cannot go wrong. Garlic tomato bread, mixed salad, roast chicken a few chips and a huge jug of wine to wash it all down make for a very tasty meal. The surroundings have been greened up to make you feel as though you are sat in a huge garden but the skyscrapers are still visible. Still the rustic look adds to the overall feel and the constant waft of wood fired spit roast chicken never fails to pull me in. So, order the simple dishes and enjoy the atmosphere, we did and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Of course it depends on the individual taste, but for me it was a bit greasy and crumbled easily. I'm not used to barbecue chicken as they do it here. In Portugal it is quite different and in my opinion better :-)

The outdoor space, is very good. Is well "hidden" and has lots of vegetation. In the summer should be very nice, because it protects from heat.

The service was good.
You can try when you're on vacation more than once, maybe 2.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We decided to try this chicken restarauant while on holiday in Benidorm, we entered the outside dining area and one waiter was serving food and another chatting, we waited nealy ten minutes and nobody came to seat us, so we sat down at a table, after around 15 minutes waiting for a menu we asked the waiter who had just finished chatting with people at another table for a menu he came back after a bout 5 minutes with two menus and slung them on the table from a distance, after looking at the menu I found that he had given us two Spanish language menus rather than the English ones on the board outside, so we got up and left, a truly horrible experience and not something you want when you are on holiday.