“lovely evening”

Amigos Restaurant and Roof Terrace
Ranked #5 of 1,012 Restaurants in Benidorm
Price range: US$23 - US$45
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Now open from 7pm 7 days a week serving a la carte, situated at Carrer de la Palma. Serving good quality food at realistic prices we are most popular for our fillet steaks and also popular for our award winning wines, cocktails and sangria. Exceptional wines from Rioja, Valencia and Extremadura are served including the award winning Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz from the house of Habla. Cold and dry Valencian white and rose wines are also served alongside our long-serving Riojas. No loud music or TV. Ideal for friends to meet or small groups to reserve for private parties such as cocktail parties, dinner parties, birthdays, hen parties, anniversaries. The Menu is relatively small, modern and diverse with additional seasonal specials added for variety. You can enjoy freshly prepared food in the evenings and reserve the new cocktail bar, roof terrace and/or restaurant for your exclusive use any day of the week. Magic Moments Cocktail Bar is available for Private Hire and Cocktail Classes
Reviewed 20 October 2016

this restaurant is well worth a visit friendly owners very helpful and wonderful food couldn't wish for a better restaurant was recommended to us and it's well worth a visit

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Beautiful food, everything was cooked to perfection, the staff are amazing, they can't do enough for you. We have been on 5/6 occasions and have never been disappointed

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I took my parents to Amigos and had a lovely meal. Steaks were good quality and tasty. Linda and Perry totally deserve the reputation they have earnt! Great service from Dee, friendly and professional. We will be back when we return to Benidorm

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Came to this lovely place with my partner on our last night in benidorm. We wanted a special meal to end the holiday and thats exactly what we got! Had to wait 10 mins for a table did not mind as this was a good sign it was a busy popular place.
Staff were so nice, attentive but not intrusive. I had the butter nut squash soup and the perfectly cooked steak special. My partner had the pate then chicken,pesto & mozarella. Presentation was michilin star! Sauces were to die for.
Cant say enough good things about Amigos...if your looking for the best place to eat in benidorm then Amigos is the one! Thanks for a lovely evening guys x

1  Thank Debbie p
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I will firstly say that the food my wife and I had was lovely but I was a bit disappointed with the finer details.I tried to book a table for 2030hrs but was told I could only be fitted in at 2000hrs but during my visit there were only 8 persons there dining ?. When we asked for a bottle of wine we were not offered a taster first the wine was just poured for us,there was no bread or Alioli on offer and the music played during our visit did not fit the ambience.I also found that the price we paid was a bit steep.We did not complain at the time because we are not the type of couple to rock the boat .

1  Thank Stephen M
Perry M, Owner at Amigos Restaurant and Roof Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Stephen, firstly thank you for your honest feedback and I am at least pleased you enjoyed the food.

No excuses about not giving you a wine taster, we've always offered that and also topped up the wine throughout the evening but lately these simple things seem to have been ignored by my staff. I can ensure you it won't be happening again.

Also, I'm not sure what happened with the music - people normally love the music we play, a mixture of Perry Como, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack and 60s classics. I'm not sure what day you came so I really don't know what happened unless of course you don't like that kind of music which I feel is appropriate for Amigos.

Regarding the other points:

We no longer give bread and Ali Oli - and we haven't all season - simply because our portion sizes are big and, because we serve fresh and expensive produce I don't want someone to spend 25 euros on a Galician Fillet Steak or 26 euros on a rack of lamb only to leave half of it because they are full due to the bread they have consumed before their starter.
It was happening too often and that's why we have stopped it. You can ask for it and we'll give it but only after we've tried to discourage you from having it so that you can enjoy your meal.

With regards the booking at 8pm, there could be a number of reasons why 8pm would have been better than 8:30pm, possibly I may have been expecting a large group coming in at around 8:30pm on another floor (we have 3) and maybe I wanted to ensure you got served without waiting. Alternatively, I may have asked you to consider 8pm because with an 8:30pm booking I cannot get anyone on that table before or after you - not that I rush anybody - it's just that I don't like turning anyone away. Had you insisted on 8:30pm I may have still been able to do it, most people are flexible by 30 mins.

We are not the cheapest place in town by a long way but I would like to think our service and food reflect that, however, on this occasion it clearly didn't and I can only apologise for that now. For the prices we charge you should not be writing a review like this so I will be having a word with my staff today and the wine and music situation will be rectified.

Again though I'm pleased you enjoyed the food.

Kind regards