“Great fine dining”

Amigos Restaurant and Roof Terrace
Ranked #6 of 952 Restaurants in Benidorm
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Now open from 7pm 7 days a week serving a la carte, situated at Carrer de la Palma. Serving good quality food at realistic prices we are most popular for our fillet steaks and also popular for our award winning wines, cocktails and sangria. Exceptional wines from Rioja, Valencia and Extremadura are served including the award winning Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz from the house of Habla. Cold and dry Valencian white and rose wines are also served alongside our long-serving Riojas. No loud music or TV. Ideal for friends to meet or small groups to reserve for private parties such as cocktail parties, dinner parties, birthdays, hen parties, anniversaries. The Menu is relatively small, modern and diverse with additional seasonal specials added for variety. You can enjoy freshly prepared food in the evenings and reserve the new cocktail bar, roof terrace and/or restaurant for your exclusive use any day of the week. Magic Moments Cocktail Bar is available for Private Hire and Cocktail Classes
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Very good fillet steak, recommend the fillet tower. Staff attentive pleasant.
Next time in Benidorm old town, give this place a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Called into Amigos for the first time and we were lucky enough to get a table without reserving as it seemed very busy. Fillet steak tower is out if this world couldn't fault the food or the service. Staff were so friendly and helpful but would recommend booking if you fancy trying it out

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Yet again this restaurant didnt disappoint. Superb food reasonably priced. Just make sure you book. Its a little gem in the old town benidorm

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We went for our wedding anniversary. We didn't tell them but got talking to someone who told the owner and the next thing they put a banner up and also made a fuss of us. The place was a lovely setting and we shared the starter of goats cheese in caramel which was Devine. Husband had steak which was excellent I had lamb. I don't have a big appetite and for me this was too overwhelming but I should have chosen the rack of lamb. A very enjoyable evening. Thank you

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Service from the slightly older blonde haired lady was good the younger lady has a bad attitude from the beginning explaining "our steaks are kind of expensive but they are worth it they are great" so were like ok great! My partner had ordered steak but it was totally over cooked we were actually in the restaurant for 1hour 45 mins and had only had our starters I was at the point of leaving then the girl with the bad attitude explained everything is cooked fresh that's why there is a bit of a wait - I'm like I do eat our quite a lot and would expect it always to be fresh but never take this long! So turned out the chef had walked out during service and it was mayhem trust us to pick this restaurant for our last night and that to happen!! The older boss lady did give us a complimentary bottle of wine but that didn't cut it for us I'm afraid the fact the chef walked out must mean there are underlying issues.. We won't be back especially with the service and wait and the food wasn't even that good I've had better! Also they had fans blowing where there was no need and I was freezing trying to enjoy my meal just everything went wrong for them such a shame as I was looking forward to this place!! Much prefer paneils next door!

2  Thank Kimdodds
Perry M, Owner at Amigos Restaurant and Roof Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

It's never good to receive a review like this and on the whole your review is fairly accurate for what happened at our restaurant in late August this year.

Where do I start?

The underlying issue is that I obviously made a massive error in judgement when I hired this individual so must shoulder most if not all of the blame. How we all feel as a team and what he did to our guests and our otherwise excellent reputation that night is not for this forum and is best left in-house.

What I will say is that my long-serving head chef Kayleigh was immediately put under enormous pressure having to first rectify his errors and then begin everything else from scratch. With dozens of people spread over 3 floors waiting for at least one course and another dozen or so booked in later in the evening she had a huge job on her hands. Matters made worse as it was our sous chef's night off.

Apart from our KP keeping on top of the dishes she was completely alone with 5 servers queing up handing her order ticket after order ticket.

We didn't try to cover anything up or lie about what happened we let every guest know that we had a problem, there would be a wait for the food and that collectively we would do our utmost to make things right. Not one person left and thankfully everybody seemed quite understanding.

With regards the food quality, Kayleigh worked miracles and with the exception of your table, I think she pulled it off. It wasn't perfect but a number of guests were very complimentary afterwards with plenty of hugs and handshakes going around which helped turn a very difficult night into one to remember. For me personally I learned a very valuable lesson and as a team we became closer, stronger and better.

Onto the other points you made... I do ask our servers to explain to guests that these steaks are not bought in frozen, they are of the highest quality and are supposed to be the best of Spanish fillet steaks which is reflected in the price, in that regard our server did little wrong. Her manner was probably more to do with what had transpired that evening rather than bad attitude.

With regards the fans, there are 6 of them individually operated and you or we could have turned one or two of them down or off if they were a concern. I am acutely aware that once one thing goes wrong and people get frustrated every minor issue is then amplified.

I apologise for your not so great evening at Amigos and I hope I've gone some way in helping you believe that we didn't set out to deliberately spoil your last evening meal in Benidorm.

Kind regards