“Make a hen do special!”

Amigos Restaurant and Roof Terrace
Ranked #5 of 995 Restaurants in Benidorm
Price range: US$23 - US$46
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Now open from 7pm 7 days a week serving a la carte, situated at Carrer de la Palma. Serving good quality food at realistic prices we are most popular for our fillet steaks and also popular for our award winning wines, cocktails and sangria. Exceptional wines from Rioja, Valencia and Extremadura are served including the award winning Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz from the house of Habla. Cold and dry Valencian white and rose wines are also served alongside our long-serving Riojas. No loud music or TV. Ideal for friends to meet or small groups to reserve for private parties such as cocktail parties, dinner parties, birthdays, hen parties, anniversaries. The Menu is relatively small, modern and diverse with additional seasonal specials added for variety. You can enjoy freshly prepared food in the evenings and reserve the new cocktail bar, roof terrace and/or restaurant for your exclusive use any day of the week. Magic Moments Cocktail Bar is available for Private Hire and Cocktail Classes
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this for my friends hen do after reading reviews on here and it was fantastic. We had the roof terrace to ourselves for the afternoon with amazing food and cocktails. We had our own waitress for the full afternoon who was excellent and we could play music and relax in the sun while we ate. Can't recommend this enough to make a hen do special, you won't be disappointed. It was excellent value for money for all that was included and all of us loved it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed 21 October 2017

GO TO AMIGOS - YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!! Dining on the roof terrace is the cherry on the cake, but the whole restaurant is superb. A very warm welcome, attentive staff (but not over bearing), an excellent menu with a great choice - I don't think there was anything I would not have tried. I had the Pate starter, large fillet steak main and homemade chocolate orange cheesecake for dessert and it was all amazing, so much so that I just kept telling people about it. Informative staff (about the menu, restaurant itself and the local area) that were a pleasure to talk to. In summary, I can't wait to go back. Just keep doing what you're doing Amigos - I think it's just perfect.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews we were really looking forward to treating ourselves to this place but were left disappointed. The food wasn't horrible, but it certainly did not justify the prices!.... service was slow, and worst of all one of our party was left without a meal until the rest of us had almost finished. When asked "why it had taken so long?" we were told "I will find out"... but she never got back to us...
after visiting some lovely places to eat during our stay in Benidorm, with exceptional food, service and less than half the price of this place, I will not be returning.... as we were a large group, a lot of places didn't charge for certain things like water, or the odd coffee.... these guys were the opposite... I'd have thought they would have knocked something off for the late meal... but nothing!.... looking at around €40-50 per person for starter/main & drink!..... much better places we ate at were around €15-20 per person for better food, more drinks & water/coffee etc!.... also be warned if eating on the terrace, there are lots of steps and water was leaking somewhere so was a little slippy!

1  Thank Ejwnww
Perry M, Owner at Amigos Restaurant and Roof Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Ejwnww, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your Amigos experience and that our service was sub par on the evening you came. The guys did have an unusual problem to deal with when the bar area sprung a leak mid-service and they tried to avert the evening becoming a complete disaster. It's not an everyday occurrence and although most guests understood that the guys did their best, it's no excuse for allowing you to leave the restaurant underwhelmed.

I have spoken at length to my team even calling my manager in on his day off. He assured me that he spoke to the lady whose main meal was delayed and he said she was very understanding and was also very complimentary about the meal at the end as she was leaving.

I'm not sure what you chose to eat and drink but with regards the price, but to clarify prices you can have a three course meal with a glass of wine from 30 euros and it can go up from there depending on what you have. The most expensive meal would include a 12 oz Galician fillet steak at 42 euros which I'm told nobody had that evening. All meals and prices are posted on our website.

You were on the roof terrace which of course means stairs - there are approximately 13 steps from the disabled friendly ground floor to the 1st floor restaurant and a further 12 to the open aired roof terrace.

We do not compete with other restaurants on price - we try to compete on quality and service which by definition ultimately costs more. However, I accept we failed you on this occasion and, in hindsight we should have compensated something for the delay with the main course and the slower than normal service so I do apologise for that. Not sure one star is a little bit harsh for that though.

Hopefully you'll change your mind and give us the opportunity to put things right.

Regards

Perry
Owner

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We booked Amigos for an afternoon as part of our weekend’s hen do celebrations. Upon arrival we were greeted at the door by Scott who had a chalkboard outside welcoming us, which was a lovely, personal touch. We then went up to the roof terrace where it had been decorated with banners and looked great, it was much classier than we had anticipated. We had Scott and Elena serving us, they welcomed us and we ordered the first of our three cocktails, which were freshly made and there were approximately 10 to choose from, when they arrived we were really impressed - the strawberry daiquiri was the best cocktail I had in Benidorm! There were 5 options for starters and mains, between us we had everything off the menu and all of the meals were delicious and beautifully presented.
As well as the high standard of food and drink, Scott and Elena were really friendly and helpful, not only serving us but helping us with the games we wanted to play!
In addition, the value for money was unbelievable, we couldn’t believe that the restaurant could be making any profit at all!
Overall, we had an wonderful afternoon with fantastic food and drink, amazing, friendly service and would not hesitate to return in the future.
¡Muchas gracias Amigos!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

6 of us had a lovely meal here when visiting Benidorm .
It was a delightful experience and more like being dinner guests at someone's very smart home
Food and service were excellent .