“Satisfied customer for 12 years”
Review of Camping Raco

and 1 more site!
Camping Raco
Ranked #53 of 107 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Satisfied customer for 12 years”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I had never 'camped' in my life until I bought a caravan on El Raco. 12 years ago there were all kinds of crazy rules about having to pay rental monthly and a 'waiting list' of a year before being allowed to go permanent. I went permanent about 10 years ago and this enables me to pay my rent 6-monthly in advance. I visit my lovely 'van about 6 times a year - as do my parents who co-own - and I think it a benefit that they can not be 'rented-out'. You always know that your neighbours are owners too. The very fact that Jesus is now replying to these reviews shows that the site is now very much more concerned with owners' views and wants to make everyone's stay as comfy and secure as possible. I know that break-ins have happened and I honestly couldn't comment as to whether they are more common on El Raco than elsewhere. There has been an 'owner's committee' set up where the management meet and appreciate the concerns of the owners. The lodge is always well-staffed, although I appreciate there are certain times of the day/year where they are really busy.

There is now loo roll in all the shower-blocks!!! Horray (although not in all of the the cubicles - just some....I can't understand that one....and I wonder how much money it would take to put up soap dispensors over some of the sinks).

The restaurant is fantastic and local people come there just to eat - praise indeed! I don't think it suffers from the many bars around as the kitchen can be seen through from the bar area and its transparency of cleanliness leads many of us to prefer to eat here rather than some of the more dingy bars.

There are free Spanish lessons twice a week - but I didn't know about this until one of the waiters told me - so maybe better advertisements please.

I have to go across the road to use the bar's wifi across the road. Would it not be possible to just give free wifi in the restaurant? Or even to give free wifi on the camp? The cost of this would be small and in this era, everyone needs wifi don't they?

The only dogs that have every kept me awake were those kept on properties off the camp - but I presume that if camp dogs are barking all night, that this new management team would sort it out.

I have every faith in this new management team and I'm sure that anyone who chose to visit this site would have a fantastic time. I'll leave the other reviews to talk about the cleanliness of the shower-blocks and the fantastic location.

It get's a definite 'thumbs-up' from me.

Ps I will update this review if this do go down-hill. Promise.

Room Tip: not applicable as I have my own 'van
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank AnitaCraig

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aberdeen scotland
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have stayed at Raco for about 10 yrs I have visited all the caravans around benidorm
Wouldn't go anywhere else, entertainment on your doorstep what more do u want.
Staff at Raco are terrific helpful can speak to them not a problem best park in benidorm

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alexander R
JesusGisbert1981, Manager at Camping Raco, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Alexander

Thank you for your stay and continued trust on us. We will keep on working to make your stay in Benidorm even better.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My parents have spent many happy years on this site, going permanent in 2010, but will be moving in June as there are many more break ins happening week after week, in the day they come through barriers following cars with passes, or on foot through the many entrances, at 3am they come over the hedges, where there are NO fences, ransack your awnings & break your locks trying to get into vans whilst you are sleeping, Raco security non existant but they will try & tell you otherwise if you can find any management.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Nicola F
Jesus G, Gerente at Camping Raco, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Nicola

Thank you very much for your comments that let us improve our current performance.
As you know, there has been a wave of burglaries in all Campings in the area. We are working very close with the other campsites and the Association to get more Police attention.
Besides this, We will have as of next week a Night Watcher on board full time at night. We just ask guests help in order to let us catch them.
Once again, I apologize for all inconveniences caused, and can guarantee you that I will be personally making sure that this issue is sorted out.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Benidorm, Spain
Reviewed 14 March 2013

stayed on raco for 10 years seen many changers most for the best felt safe and secure until two years ago,i know its a sign of the times but if you dont feel safe sleeping in your bed now then its time the camp owners did some thing , the camp is to open for any one to walk in from the main road and help them selves there are at least 7 or 8 breaking every few days that we know about , they are slashing awnings to get in your caravan ripping caravan doors off and taking what they can even when you are a sleep in your bed, two were caught a few month ago and escorted to the office only to be let go because the the police didnt come, its so sad that the owners dont seem to care but they will be the losers in the long run, get your act together raco you were the best camp site in benidorm but not any more

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank eillen f
Jesus G, Gerente at Camping Raco, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Eileen

Thank you very much for your comments, which we are taking very seriously and will let us improve our performance in the following times.
As you are all aware, there is been a wave of burglaries in all Campings in the area. We are working very closely with the Association of Campings in order to request an urgent Police answer.
From our side, within the following days we will have a new Night watcher of the company Securitas, which is the most specialized company in security in Spain. This person will be working full time for us, and we hope that with your help, we might be able to solve this problem.
Once again, I apologize for all the inconveniences caused, and hope that this issue will be fixed soon. I will be giving my best to make it happen.
Hope to see you soon in the future.

Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here over Christmas site not bad,toilets a bit old but water is hot,shame the toilet block is not.staff a bit miserable and the staff in reception are rude,ignorant and unhelpful.Parking is only allowed on your pitch park anywhere else and you get wrong even when there are loads of empty pitches even on the waste areas around the site.prices are not cheap,

Room Tip: If you want a goodnights sleep bring some ear plugs,dogs barking all night
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ave W
Jesus G, Gerente at Camping Raco, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear Ave W

Thank you for your stay in el Racó.

Regarding your comment about the temperature in the toilet blocks, we have timetables for the heating system. It works 3 hours in the morning and 2 in the evening. Those timetables are informed on the board in every toilet block.

Due to the high occupancy on the campsite, cars are only allowed to be parked within your pitch, so that new customers can pick any empty pitches whilst check in.

Once again, I thank you for your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

spain
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Stay at El Raco all the time - it's great! VERY central location no need to use the car at all if you don't want + the bus stop is right outside. Clean, well laid out, excellent shower/toilet facilities (take ur own toilet paper tho - only 1 block provide it)! The bar/restaurant is exceptionally good providing a menu del dia/noche for 9 euros - 3 courses inc. bottle of wine & entertainment on certain nights. Lovely indoor & outdoor pool - cannot fault this site at all.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank elegantuk
Jesus G, Gerente at Camping Raco, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Guest

I thank you very much for your comments and stay. Hope to see you back again with us in the future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

What a lovely place to stay hired one of the bungalows on the sight was clean and staff were very helpful made sure we had all we needed, pool was great very child friendly and with having 4 children under 6 with us this was important. mini shop on sight selling everything you need (very handy) the comunal areas have washing machines it literaly has everything you need!

My reason for rating 4 not 5 is we found the restaurant did not seem to be to the same standard as the rest of the sight the service was non igsistant (SP) and when it was they were quite rude. the menu was limited and many items would run out quickly it was also a little expensive luckily just across the road there are many places you can get food very cheeply (brekkie for 2 euros).

Although the restaurant was well awfull everything else about it is amazing would definitly go back :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lucy J
JesusGisbert1981, Manager at Camping Raco, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Lucy

I'd like to thank you for your stay with us this year, glad to see that your overall view was pleasant.

Regarding your comments about the restaurant, I am currently working on a new Carte, products and prices. I just started with my new position 2 weeks ago and will be glad to offer you new products and entertainment next year :)