“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #44 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at the Melia Hotel in April for one week and found it to be a pleasant, comfortable hotel. Like all hotels the bar prices are a little high but you expect that, one thing i cant understand is that with the vast amount of competition around the hotel why they don't bring their prices down to attract their paying cliantell into their bar. The rooms at the Melia are bright and airey, clean and welcoming. The hotel is a short walk from the centre of Benidorm and is surrounded by bars and restraunts. There are themed bars across the road and a small cafe that does english breakfast for 1euro, along with a chinese buffet restraunt which is great value for money offering king prawns and duck as part of the buffet selection. Benidorm is perfect for all tastes from comedy shows to tribue acts and something for everybody.

Room Tip: All the rooms face into the town and have good views of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PGuy17856
Raul_MBenidorm, E- Guest Experience at Melia Benidorm, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear PGuy17856, first of all thank you for choosing Meliá Benidorm again for your holidays and for taking time to write your nice experience here on Tryp Advisor. We hope to see you again next year. Kind regards!.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had seen reviews which were a bit negative. But our first all inclusive holiday with my 10 year old son and hubby was a fantastic week. My son took great delight in trying new foods like squid and quail, which was amazing for a picky eater. The choice of foods were wonderful. All the staff were helpful and there were no experiences as previously reviewed of rudeness or undue delays at being served. All areas were clean and tidy. Our family really enjoyed the holiday, we would certainly recommend it to anyone who wanted to go to Benidorm. If I had to pick out our favourite part of the hotel it would be the lagoon style pools. Heavenly! Thanks again to all the staff at Melia.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best views of Benidorm.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jane B
Dear Jane B, thank you for your review with nice comments about our food and staff. We hope to see you again if you choose Benidorm in the future to join your holydays in Spain. Great regards!
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Melia Benidorm for 7 nights in July. We were impressed from start to finish and absolutely loved this hotel. The rooms were large, spacious and thoroughly cleaned and the air con was fantastic. The hotel itself was very modern and the lagoon style pools were amazing! There were always sun loungers available and lots of shaded areas. We spent little time away from the hotel as it met all our needs and the sheer beauty of the garden and pool areas felt like paradise.
We stayed all inclusive and have three fussy children when it comes to food.However, there was a great variety of different food each day and they always found something enjoyable to eat.
In comparison to other hotels the entertainment was of average standard but we enjoyed listening and relaxing to Roberto playing easy listening music in the lounge.
Lastly, I have to mention the staff here are first class and went out of their way to ensure we were given the best service. The sense of humour from the bar staff, namely Angel and Fernando entertained our kids and the genuine hospitality from Raul made our holiday complete. We must convey our gratitude also to Esteban who accepted our last request,again to make our us more comfortable. The managers here are approachable and sensitive and if anyone had issues while staying here I would suggest that they approach them with it.
This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and highly recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank gibson32
Dear Gibson32, first of all, thank you very much for choosing Meliá Benidorm to spend your holidays, and for taking the time to write your opinion here on TripAdvisor. We are very glad to read that you had such a lovely stay, and we would be delighted to receive you again with us! Best regards,
Northumberland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at the melia for the last 8 years we go 2 times a year we stayed in june and the bar manger was very ruded we had already booked to go in august with all the family and the same bar manger spoiled our holiday again you need to put this man in his place the night I had words with him everyone thanked me for putting him in his place this hotel is one of the best on the resort but we have all had a very disappointing holiday

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank family1514
Esteemed Family151, we are very dissapointed if this time your experience in Meliá Benidorm was not as good as previous years. Please contact with us through our e mail address to answer you in person. Yours sincerely.
Bo'ness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel from the 29th - 8th of August, on a half board basis this year. I traveled with my husband, and two sons aged 7 and 2. There are many great things about this hotel hence the reason we returned here for a second year. I also spoke to alot of guests at the pool area who return year after year, plus I notices about 4 other couple/familys who were there last year at the same time as us. I signed up for the Melia Reward scheme earlier in the year which gave me bonus points while signing up. I booked the hotel direct through the call center and spoke to a lovely guy who also advised that I could use my points against my booking for money off, result!Plus I requested a cot for my son as it wouldn't allow me to book direct with the hotel online due to his age but the guy changed this for me when I called, I booked my flights with easy Jet and used Shuttle Direct private transfer and ended up saving £1000, compared to using Jet 2! ( who would have given me 2 rooms due to my seconds sons age)
I emailed the hotel a wee before arriving and asked for a first floor room and gave them the nos of the one we stayed in last year and we got the same room again, another bonus as I have a 2 year old who likes to climb. All the room on floors 1-4 have glass fronts on the balcony. Another bonus for signing up with the rewards is you get free wifi. You can get the code from reception and use this for 24hrs. You get the wifi in your room or in the hotel ( not outside) which was fine for us. I only had to get a code once in the whole 10 nights that I was there.
The food was excellent this year, much better than last year. We only made breakfast a few times but always had the omelettes which are fab. Plenty of choice. The evening meals again lots of choice from, pizza, pasta, fresh meats, fish, stews, veg, salad, cold meats and then the choice to different sweets. We always went down between 7-8 for dinner as it is quiet at these times, the lifts show you when the restaurant can get busy which helps.
The kids entertainment was on throughout the day, walking on water, kids games in both pools. Plus adult games such as water polo, water volleyball and aqua aerobics. We never stayed in at night for the kids disco, but I noticed that it had moved times to 9pm from 10pm the previous year.
You can hire your pool towels from reception for 10 euro per towel, ideal if you are like me and hate lying on a wet dirty towel by the end of your holiday. Remember and ask for a receipt to get your money back once you leave. You can also hire the safe in the room from reception which is 25 euros and you get 15 euros back.
Another nice touch was the chocolates left on our pillows after the maid had been in and also the bottle of Cava with a lovely note from the manager thanking us for booking with the hotel again. These little touches do make a difference!
We only used the bar at the pool, but never did I feel any different to the all inclusive guests, yes there are some of the bar staff who may make you feel different and I know who they are by name but I am sure so will the management!
At night we spent most of your nights either down at Neptune's ( but go early for a seat) or across the road at the Tropical bar, which has tribute acts on every night and also as the added bonus of a games station for the kids and pool table.
Over all we had another great holiday at the Melia, we met lots of lovely people and my oldest son made lots of friends from all nationalites!

Room Tip: Sign up for the rewards to get free wifi, email hotel direct for any questions as they will always r...
2 Thank DonnaDoo35
Dear DonaaDoo3, thank you for spending your holidays with us again in Meliá Benidorm and for your review here on TripAdvisor. We love to hear that you felt so satisfied with the rooms, the food, the other services and our Staff! I assure you that they all work very hard to ensure that all our guests can enjoy their stay! Once again, thank you for choosing Meliá Benidorm. and we really hope to welcome you again in the future! Kind regards
Newcastle upon Tyne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My extended family have just stayed at the Melia Benidorm for 7 nights. There were 15 family members spread over 6 rooms. Check in was very time consuming as no rooms had been pre-allocated resulting in us being spread right across the hotel. My partner and myself were staying next door at the Levante Club and as we had arrived a few days earlier we were there to meet everyone off the coach to help with luggage and our disabled grandmother. After almost half an hour at reception we were told that the disabled room was not available and that none of the rooms would be ready for another 2 hours. On being informed about this we all went to sit in the lounge area and got a drink. Some of us were all inclusive and others not. My partner and myself bought a drink as we were staying next door. After around 10 minutes a very rude barman came over demanding to see our all inclusive wristbands and if not our receipts for our drinks. Who would keep a receipt for a small Fanta?? He then suggested that those of us who had neither of these must pay again! His manner, body language and tone of voice was disgusting and considering we had all only just arrived it was hardly the start to the holiday we were hoping for.

Later in the week my partner and myself went to spend the day at the pool with our other family members. As we walked in the concierge staff stopped us and told us we were not allowed in unless we were residents! We explained there were 15 family members and it was 2 of the children's birthdays that day and we were having a small 'party' in the lounge area. They were adamant we weren't getting in and again their tone and manner was really bad. We ended up having to sneak in through the bar just to see our family. Considering 15 people had paid not very short of £900 each to stay there I think it's disgusting how 2 family members are turned away. We asked to speak to the manager but were told he was not available to speak to non residents of the hotel. We had been spending money on food and drinks all week but they weren't interested.

Later in the week it would become obvious that Fernando the bar manager was the main problem. He was rude to customers, British and Spanish. He would leer over the younger ladies when they came to the bar and he was also horrible to the other staff. We know this because they told us that he made them very nervous. Fernando is letting this hotel down majorly and I believe the Melia management should act quickly. My family have been going to the Melia around 3 times a year for the past 8 years and will almost definitely not return after this time. We all agree that it is the all inclusive option that has spoiled this hotel. The waiting staff are not getting the tips they used to so a visibly unhappy and fuss much more over the other non AI guests. This makes the AI guests feel like second class citizens and is a huge issue which the management need to address. Both Thomson and Thomas Cook have pulled out of this hotel leaving only Jet2holidays left. This must say something when the 2 largest British tour operators pull out. It is most definitely to do with the bad service.

On a positive note the rooms are still very good, the food is good too and although slightly showing signs of ageing the hotel itself is a very pleasant place to be. It's the staff that let it down.

Melia Benidorm you have lost some very loyal customers and you only have your staff to blame!

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank RossNewcastle1978
Raul_MBenidorm, E-Guest Experience at Melia Benidorm, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Esteemed RossNewcastle1978, we apologize to you if this time we did not fullfill your expectations. Please contact with us through our email address and we will give you an answer about all those matters. Great regards.
Ulverston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We loved this hotel!!
Great for families,
Very clean throughout,
Large rooms with comfy beds, good air con, brilliant shower and views on the pool area and Benidorm, ( sofa bed is only big enough for a child to sleep on),
Breakfast was good with lots of choice and never had to queue for a table,
Beautiful pool area with trees and plenty of sunbeds and shaded areas,
The whole place had a very relaxing feel to it.
The only downsides for us was that there was no snack bar around the pool, just the main restaurant, and we would have liked the kids disco to start a little earlier and go on a bit longer as my little girl loved it!
Good places to eat near by - Levi's showboat, Yorkshire pride, Duetto, Tony Romas.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 12th floor which was a non smoking floor and was very quiet. You could hear the...
2 Thank Alan W
Raul_MBenidorm, E- Guest Experience at Melia Benidorm, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Alan W, thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. Opinions as yours are very much appreciated, as they show us that we are working in a correct way to satisfy our guests! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Meliá Benidorm, and thank you for spending your holidays with us! Best regards,