“Smelly Reception Area”

Sol Pelicanos Ocas
Ranked #35 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hi,

We had a lovely stay here butthe strong smell of drains through the reception area was discusting and actually made us heave. My sister was there 2 weeks before me and the smell was there then so whatever it is they are taking far to long to get rid of it. The beds are the most uncomfortable i have ever slept in.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank WELSH10NEWPORT
Mar_SolPel, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Pelicanos Ocas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear WELSH10NEWPORT, thank you for having chosen Sol Pelicanos Ocas to spend your holidays in Benidorm and also for sharing here your personal opinion about our hotel. At the same time, we deeply regret not having achieved your expectations mainly because smell in reception area, I can guarantee you that we are doing our best to improve it. Nowadays this website is very useful for us, as we can detect the areas where we have to focus our efforts, so we take note of your comments in order to offer a better service. The satisfaction of our guests is always our main commitment, so many thanks for your time and attention. Of course, we are glad to read you had a lovely stay among us, so we sincerely hope you visit us in another occasion as it would mean you give us a second chance!. Best regards, Mar Sierra, E-Guest Experience Manager

There are newer reviews for Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Reviewed 17 March 2014

great hotel location, close to all the bars on the strip,
good food choices,
very helpful and friendly staff
excellent value for money, with good swim up bar and great pools
would definitely go again,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Mar_SolPel, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Pelicanos Ocas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hi Kristian H, thanks for your review, and for sharing it here with our tripadvisor Friends. It sounds great to us your good time with us, with our location, food, hepful and friendly staff and pools, we are really delighted!! And we will be waiting for your visit again. We send you our best regards. Mar Sierra, E-Guests Experience Manager.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hi, We have booked our honeymoon for 11 nights, and are staying half board, I have been trying to find out if it would be possible to stay all inclusive for part of that time as finances are tight so would not be able to afford it for the whole 11 nights, but it would be really nice to just chill out and not worry about the cost, I have tried finding an email address that I could ask if it would be possible, but I cannot find one, Any info would be appreciated, Thanks

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ngairenick
Mar_SolPel, E-Guest Experience Manager at Sol Pelicanos Ocas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello ngairenick, thank you for having chosen Sol Pelicanos Ocas to celebrate your honeymoon. We inform you that there is a minimum of nights to contract all inclusive service. We recommend you to contact us direct before your arrival in order to give you more details about the cost and conditions. As you know, it is not allowed to give e-mails addresses or web references in this popular website... but I am trying to explain to you easily: go to our official website melia.com, then choose our hotel using filter “by hotel name” and in the middle of the main page approximately, left side, you will see all our hotel details: address, telephone number and e-mail address. I hope I have helped you with your request and of course we would like to wish you a very nice wedding!!. See you soon!, Mar Sierra, E-Guests Experience Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I arrived as a single passenger, so thought I would get a basic room, I didn't the room was spacious and very clean, although no hair dryers. The food was nice and you didn't have to fight to get a table, plenty of snacks during the day. It was very central to things and night life. The only problem I had was with the waiter, I went All Inclusive, and on the morning I was leaving I went for breakfast and he came to cut my band off, I said I was here till 12 which is when the all inclusive finshe's, but he wanted that band, But he didn't get it, so stick them out. Other than that I found the staff very nice and helpful, I would go there again

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view. I was on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Renee N

Hi Renee n, first of all thank you for your nice review. We feel really good for have achieved your expectations. We can read in your lines that you liked our room, cleanliness, food and location. In the case of the band, even if they cut the band early in the morning, you can take your all-inclusive drinks and snacks till 12, waiters have the information of your room, even if you don’t have the band. We wait for your next visit, we send you our best regards. Mar Sierra, E-Guests Experience Manager.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

had a good week food was good accomidation ok bars good needed pool/snack bar to be open staff good best of all antonio very funny thanks for a good week very close to all clubs and pubs just look out for gangs of pickpockets

Room Tip: 1225/1134 good food/alcohol
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neil R

Hi rawson69, thanks for sharing your good time with us here in tripadvisor. We are really happy to read that you have a great time during your stay here, and our smiley Antonio will be happy to know that you talk about him, he will appreciate that. We send our best regards, and we keep waiting for your next visit!! Mar Sierra, E-Guests Experience Manager.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just returned from 4 nights stay at the Pelicanos Ocas. The Ocas is closed at the moment so was staying at the Pelicanos. Upon arrival was greeted in reception by the smell of sewage, lovely!!! Upon checking in we was informed that our superior room wasn't ready which surprised me as id booked with jet 2 holidays so why was our room not ready????
We had no choice but to leave our luggage in the luggage room and come back in an hour. When we returned we went to ask if we could have our room and was given the key, the staff couldn't be bothered to say what floor we was on so we had to ask. It was on the 3rd floor. Upon getting into the room, I found it basic. Definitely not superior so I dread to think what standard rooms are like. The bathroom ceiling was black with dirt or mold and bottom of bathroom door was all broken away. We was facing the main road in front of hotel so not exactly a "superior" view. I did expect to get a pool view but alas not.
Room was clean but nothing special. No kettle but it did have a fridge. Booked a double room but this was simply 2 single beds pushed together which were rock hard.
We was half board but the food was disgusting. Had breakfast one morning only as it was horrible. fatty bacon, the worst sausages ive ever tasted, even the coffee was awful. couldn't taste the coffee only the milk. Had an evening meal there and it was of the same standard, all greasy and cheap. Plenty of choice I will give them that but quality of food poor.
The hotel itself was very very noisy. It didn't help that we were facing the main road so all night we was subjected to rowdy drunk groups of guys shouting and yelling. Inside the hotel was no different with people slamming room doors, drunk people in the corridors and one night at 3am we had a group of drunk women banging on our room door looking for "Debbie"
there seemed to be no authority or security in the hotel and ive never known such a noisy hotel.
The only good thing about this hotel was the pool area which is probably kept nice because ITV film the TV show Benidorm there.
All in all a very disappointing hotel and I wouldn't return here at all.

Room Tip: get a room on the top floor if you want any sleep
5  Thank fastdaz
Mar_SolPel, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Sol Pelicanos Ocas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello fastdaz, first of all we would like to thank you for having chosen Sol Pelicanos Ocas to spend your holidays in Benidorm and for sharing here your personal opinion about us. At the same time, we regret not having achieved your expectations as I can guarantee you that the satisfaction of our guests is always our main commitment, and this is why we never stop introducing improvements in our services. You can be sure that we have already taken note of your comments in order to be able to offer better services, all the team at the hotel work hard every day, doing always our best to satisfy all our guests, as you can read in a lot of opinions here. We deeply regret not having been what you expected before coming, we keep on working hard to improve and we sincerely hope you give us a second chance. Anyway, many thanks for your time and attention. Best regards, Mar Sierra, E-Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

just back from a 4day mini break at this hotel. On arrival we were met by very pleasant reception staff and asked if we wanted 4th or 14th floor we chose 14 just because we know you get better views higher up. The room was very spacious and actually had 3 beds in it.Recent review wre complaining about balcony size but to be honest we had table and 3 chairs on ours and it was adequate size. Food was lovely and always plenty of it to be honest you would need to be really fussy not to get something to eat. Hotel could do with hairdryers in bathrooms we took our kettle as hubby likes his coffee. Only complaint is personally I think hotel management should really consider not booking in groups of male/female parties as it is a lovely family hotel based on flintstones theme and if I had young children I really don't think I would like them to be in among some of the groups that were there but I will be back next year hopefully.

Room Tip: we prefer high floor just because you get better views
3  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen M, Thank you for dedicate us some words here in tripadvisor, we need that feed back to know where we have to put a spot to improve our service. We can read in your lines that you were happy with the room, reception staff and food. This is really good news for us. In the case about the groups that you comment, we make them sign a contract for having a good behavior during their stay with us, and little by little we are getting it. We wait for you next year, don’t hesitate to contact me at your arrival to welcome you. Best regards. Mar Sierra, E-Guests Experience Manager.