“Great Place- always funny!”
Review of Sol Pelicanos Ocas

Sol Pelicanos Ocas
Ranked #36 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
london
“Great Place- always funny!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Really love this hotel been there many times,

Every holiday has been great and i'm sure that I'll go again. the staff are funny, and although they seem to have had a change in the staff, they are still friendly and helpful- and make a wicked cocktail!

Cant wait to go next year!

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms in the ocas don't have a bath- they have a brill shower instead!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GeoLondon2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,877)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just back from a 12 night stay and was honestly glad to leave. It seems every Spaniard has there holidays in August and more to the point at the Pelicanos and as a consequence the needs of the Spanish seem to be catered for rather than the Brits.
Rooms in the Ocas were supposed to be better than their Pelicanos counterparts but to the tune of approx 500 Euros, I dont think so. The pool at the Pelicanos was massively better than the Ocas so it was a pain having to trudge each day backwards and forwards. Watch out for the little Hitler type who takes your towels off if you're more than an hour away from them. He also stopped my wife taking a shopping bag into the pool area.
It must be the only hotel in the world where taxis cannot be called for guests. I tried one night for 3 x taxis and was told to flag them down outside. As we couldn't get any taxis I went back inside to demand that taxis were called. It was only after I asked for a manager that they were called. It infuriated Lola the receptionist that I had gone above her head and to be honest it was down hill from there. My first time back in Spain for many years and although a couple of bad apples shouldn't ruin the whole bag, I won't be returning anytime soon.

Room Tip: Although the Ocas rooms are better, I would not pay the extra as the Pelicanos facilities are better...
2 Thank john w
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

What a great stay again. We have stayed in the Pelicanos a number of times, this been our 3rd with our little boy and again the stay was brill. Staff friendly, it was nice to see Juan and Maria again. Food was lovely, loads of choice.

Will be going again

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Lisa Clare C
sthelens
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed as a family for 7 nights in August, a very busy hotel, great location and wonderful choice of food.
The only downside was the shows at night were in the outside area and you do get lots of smokers,, ,,,polite, proffessional staff, not over friendly as we found out a lot of the hotel guests left their manners at the airport.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank mary r
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Went back to Pelicanos for a second Xmas and new year. Party included me, husband, son, daughter and son-in-law plus 3 children. What a mistake. Food was only warm, in fact it was disgusting. 4 in our party went down with food poisoning. We were buying fresh food from Supermarket because of the bad food the hotel expected us to eat. Anytime I spoke to someone they knew of a person being in bed with a tummy bug. Reported it to management, they said we had brought bug with us. No we were all fine before we ate their food. Would never go there again, in fact I've booked a Fred Olsen Xmas and New Year cruise for 2014. Bye Pelicanos.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the pool, that's the sunny side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank juanitasize
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I honestly don't know where to start !
I booked this holiday for myself and 13 year old daughter as I was told it was one of the best , for 1 week AL £1500 so not cheap - it was the worst decision I ever made !!
Upon arrive the lobby was full it took an hour to get checked in and when we did finally get to our room I was horrified - it was right at the end of the corridor and round a corner room number 0915 - the room was that small you had to walk sideways to get around , with a double bed , when I opened the patio doors I was over looking the rubbish bins and the smell knocked you back it was disgusting .

I when Down to reception to asked to be moved as that room wasn't good enough - I was told I could have another room but would have to wait 2 hours as it wasn't ready - ( I was not happy ) after waiting u was given room 702 .
This is starting to turn into a nightmare !!
The new room had food on the walls - bugs in the bed and towels - urine stains on the mattress and bed base !
I complained to members of staff , the jet 2 rep and the manger a lady called "Maria " the manger came up to look at the room and told me the cleaning staff were busy at this time of year - Err excuse me but that simply isn't good enough - the food was vile the same food repeated daily - the staff are extremely rude - the was I'm the rooms are so thin you can hear people going to the toilet - having a shower and talking - a few nights someone tried to get into our room in the early hours of the morning .
This hotel is truly horrible !!
I have got photos of how dirty this hotel is !!

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Joyce K
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

when we arrived took a while to check in was told we were in the ocas hotel , no balcony had to get someone to open both windows , were so fed up not having a balcony so upgraded to the sol pelicanos with a balcony cost 9 euros per day was so worth it for us had the perfect room for us pool view and could see the street as well , never heard people running about the halls or anything plenty of sunbeds even though we didn't go down until about maybe half 9-10 , food was very repetitive so ate at marianos couple doors down defo recommend always very busy , entertainment was ok all in Spanish tho. Pools are lovely the one in the ocas is far too cold , think it's terrible you have to pay extra to drink at the pool bar. anyway great hotel would defo return

Stayed August 2014